working on new MP Upnp Renderer process plugin (1 Viewer)

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Wolfgang,

Just tested the latest version and I'm really sorry to say I've still not had any luck with pictures.

I've tried using BubbleUPnP and TVersity as the server (and BubbleUPnP as the controller) and the same thing happens with both.

When I send the picture to MP I get the following error appear.

UPNP_Error.jpg

I've attached a copy of the log file in case this helps (I can clearly see that it's trying to work :)) .

I should also mention that I'm currently running the "MyVideos Rework for 1.3" latest build of MP. Maybe that's making a difference?

Would be interesting to hear from others how it's working for them.

I also notice in the UPnP Renderer Plugin Configuration that the option to enable/ disable the photo support is present but greyed out. Is that normal for this build (guessing it is).

Thanks again for all your hard work on this. Music and videos are still working really well :).

Cheers,

Mick.

hierl_w

Portal Member
    February 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Wo0zy,

thanks for feedback. I think it is a Problem with bubbleUpnp as upnp controller.
    Can you try to send the picture via bubbleUpnP to another renderer,
    which can also showing picture. Does this work?

Please also try with iMediaShare, WMP or UpnpPlay as controller, there should be a better picture support.
    I have appended my testmatrixas info, not 100% up to date.

I have disabled the picture setting in configuration, because there is no really sense for the moment.
    You get only a message, if deactivated, that you should activate.
    If activated and a problem occurs with showing the picture, there is no crash, also only one message dialog comes (can't open....).

bye,
    hierl_w

Attachments

• upnp_testmatrix.pdf
      52 KB

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi hierl_w,

Thanks for the reply.

Just tested imediashare and UPnPlay. Neither are able to send pictures to MP Upnp Renderer although unlike BubbleUPnP I don't get an error within MP when trying.

All three controllers can send pictures to a WMP renderer. Don't suppose that really helps :(.

Anyway, the attached log contains attempts to display pictures first using UPnPlay and next iMediaShare.

iMediaShare doesn't provide any feedback but I do get a short error message in UPnPlay saying something about an unsupported format?? I did try several images just in case and again, they all work using WMP as the renderer.

Could be the MP build I'm using. It's a shame there's been no feedback from anyone else :(.

I'll keep experimenting and will try to test with MP 1.2.3 over the next day of so just in case.

Thanks again for your efforts :).

Cheers,

Mick

PS Thanks for the UPnPlay tip! This is now my preferred Android controller/ renderer :)

Last edited:

hierl_w

Portal Member
    February 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Mick,

sorry for the late reply, but I was on a business journey for some days.
    I will add some more debug output in a new version.

I changed to show the pics with g_Player. At my pc each pic is shown for some seconds.
    Much betten than before, trying to show in exifDialog.

But I didn't find a way, how to control the viewing time for each picture.
    Perhaps this is the case, why the pic is not shown.

Does anything happen, if you send a pic. Is the screen switched to picture window?
    Comes a short screen jitter?
    Can you please try to reopen the plugin settings and save again?

How you can see in my Testmatrix, I still ony tested twonkyServer as upnpServer.
    I never tried to use bubbleUpnp as upnpserver, I will try this the next days.
    Your logfile looks ok, no problem found.

bye,
    Wolfgang

hierl_w

Portal Member
    February 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Guys,

new version released V2.2.0.1!

Completly overworked picture showing.
    Now I use the slideshow window. The setting for slideshow speed is taken from the standard picture plugin. You can change in mediaportal client configuration under pictures-> Slideshow settings -> picture visible.

30.4.2012, V2.2.0
    - showing picture optimized:
    show picture with slideshowWindow now
    >for slideshow speed setting from picture plugin is used now
    >own thread for handling picture view duration and communication to upnp controller

1.5.2012, V2.2.0.1:
    - more logging details for debug mode
    - write plugin version to logfile
    - setting "show last active window after stop" is hidden, function have to be reworked
    - newe picture slidemode. If enabled in settings, pictures are shown as set in picture speed setting and switched automatically.
    If disabled, pictures can be switched manually by controller.
    - some bugfixes (e.g. picture format problem solved)

You can still download from here or with mpeInstaller.
    https://www.team-mediaportal.de/extensions/mp-upnp-renderer

bye
    Wolfgang

Last edited:

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Hello Guys,

new version released V2.2.0.1!

Completly overworked picture showing.
    Now I use the slideshow window. The setting for slideshow speed is taken from the standard picture plugin. You can change in mediaportal client configuration under pictures-> Slideshow settings -> picture visible.

30.4.2012, V2.2.0
    - showing picture optimized:
    show picture with slideshowWindow now
    >for slideshow speed setting from picture plugin is used now
    >own thread for handling picture view duration and communication to upnp controller

1.5.2012, V2.2.0.1:
    - more logging details for debug mode
    - write plugin version to logfile
    - setting "show last active window after stop" is hidden, function have to be reworked
    - newe picture slidemode. If enabled in settings, pictures are shown as set in picture speed setting and switched automatically.
    If disabled, pictures can be switched manually by controller.
    - some bugfixes (e.g. picture format problem solved)

You can still download from here or with mpeInstaller.
    https://www.team-mediaportal.de/extensions/mp-upnp-renderer

bye
    Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang,

Just tested using UPnPlay as Server/ Controller and pictures are working for me!!!

Great work mate! Thank you for doing this (y)

Will do some further testing later.

All the best,

Mick.

frgo

Portal Member
    January 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    Hi,

With the latest version (2.2.0.1) I still can't get pictures to show from bubble upnp or from htc's connected media (I get unable to play error in mepo). Also pause doesn't really work when playing music. I haven't tried other server/controller combinations since I don't really need them...

thanks

EDIT: upnplay shows pictures!

Last edited:

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Does this also work with iOS? What controller to use there?

Hi aal,

I don't have an iOS device but take a look here and see if any of these help.

iMediaShare is listed as a working controller in hierl_w's test matrix (see post #42 above)

Are you looking to use your iOS device as a controller only or server and controller?

Regards,

Mick.

aal

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2006
    Does this also work with iOS? What controller to use there?

Hi aal,

I don't have an iOS device but take a look here and see if any of these help.

iMediaShare is listed as a working controller in hierl_w's test matrix (see post #42 above)

Are you looking to use your iOS device as a controller only or server and controller?

Regards,

Mick.

Thanks. I have it installed as well as your MP plugin but it does not detect MP as display device. I am running Win7. Do i need to start WMP as well besides the MP plugin or am i missing something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom