WorldWeather Lite (1 Viewer)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Dear community,
parallel to the publication of WorldWeather v1.0.5 the lite version has been updated to v0.3.0.

Important note: The implemented WAN IP provider has shutdown the services yesterday. Because of this, older versions of WorldWeather Lite doesn't have the chance anymore to detect your IP location. To use this feature in the well known form, please update to version 0.3.0 immediately.

Cheers, Micropolis

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have an interesting problem. In the attached screen shot, it doesn't show a condition for Thursday, and consequently shows an XBMC place-holder.
    hehe why is XBMC here? I'm not sure it's a good idea to distribute XMBC graphics with MediaPortal. Does anyone know where it comes from? I guess it's not part of the WWL installer, right?

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi vuego,
    ... hehe why is XBMC here? I'm not sure it's a good idea to distribute XMBC graphics with MediaPortal. Does anyone know where it comes from? I guess it's not part of the WWL installer, right?
    some month (or years?) before there was a decision to update the inbuilt weather icon set. The image "na.png" contains the XBMC logo, maybe a member with Photoshop experiences can rework this in the near future.

Cheers, Micropolis

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi kiwi,
    thanks, the mentioned files can be found in our GIT repository (for each default skin, e.g. DefaultWide/Default/Titan...) or in the weather icon folder (normally "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\<your skin>\Media\weather").
    Please remember: these are not specific changes for WorldWeather/WorldWeather Lite, all inbuilt skins of MediaPortal are affected.

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi kiwi,
    yes, sir. Absolutely correct.

EDIT: we can replace the images above with the attached one. To do this, we need a team decision and a GIT branch/commit to update the repository.

Micropolis

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Not sure if it really requires a logo but did one anyway :D

na-128x128-png.120526
    na-128x128-new-png.120544
    withlogo-128-png.120537

PS. It might look bad when blown up larger than 128 not sure if this is required or not, but if it does look bad i could redo. However it's gotta be better than advertising for the competition :D

Attachments

• withlogo-64.png
      withlogo-64.png
      5.9 KB
    • withlogo-128.png
      withlogo-128.png
      14.9 KB
    • na-64x64-(new).png
      na-64x64-(new).png
      5.9 KB
    • na-128x128-(new).png
      na-128x128-(new).png