WorldWeather Lite (1 Viewer)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
A warm welcome to all weather freaks around the world, Team MediaPortal is proud to present you WorldWeather Lite.

This plugin is planned to replace the previous and well known inbuilt version. As the title suggests, it is a less feature-equipped version of the already established plugin and allows you to determine locations in a very simple way. Thus, different detection methods can be used to determine your own location or any places. This of course includes the network IP investigation or the purposeful search on the internet. As always, it is also possible to manually create and manage your preferred locations using a specific configuration dialog.

Summary
  • WorldWeather and this version use the same configuration and profile settings, so it’s easy to upgrade from the lite to full version without reenter location settings, provider keys etc.
  • skin properties has the same name, minimal skin changes are needed
  • the inbuilt weather directory of your skin must be exists to display weather condition images
Supported skins
  • Default, Default Wide (thx to @catavolt)
  • Titan (thx to @ncoH)
  • PureVision HD (thx to @Lehmden)
  • aMPed
Supported Languages (maybe not all are completed)
  • english, german, dutch, french, italian, spanish, swedish, danish, finnish, czech, polish, portuguese, russian, ukrainian (thx to all WorldWeather translators)
History
  • v0.2.0 - initial Area 51 release
  • v0.2.1 - add timezone selection to "Add weather location wizard"
  • v0.2.2 - add provider image property and appropriate images
  • v0.2.3 - minor changes to longitude/latitude handling
  • v0.2.4 - synchronization with WorldWeather v1.0.5 RC
  • v0.2.5 - fix possible weather icon issue, add visual verification to location selection dialog box (includes WorldWeather v1.0.5 RC2 changes)
  • v0.2.6 - minor enhancements (includes WorldWeather v1.0.5 RC3 changes)
  • v0.3.0 - synchronization of code revisions with WorldWeather release 1.0.5
  • v0.3.1 - add properties (RefreshNextDate, RefreshNextTime) and appropriate translations
  • v0.3.2 - synchronization of code revisions with WorldWeather release 1.0.9
  • v0.4.0 - synchronization of code revisions with WorldWeather release 1.1.0
  • v0.4.1 - changes to Foreca location detection, hardening of profile routines to prevent rare exceptions under Windows XP
  • v0.4.2 - synchronization of code revisions with WorldWeather release 1.1.1 RC
  • v0.5.0 - synchronization of code revisions with WorldWeather release 1.1.1
  • v1.0.0 - synchronization of code revisions with WorldWeather release 1.2.0
  • v1.0.1 - hotfix for configuration save settings
  • v1.0.2 - fix for timer specific issues in case threaded plugin loading is enabled, support of new WorldWeatherOnline API
  • v1.0.3 - fix possible deadlock condition for backgroundworker specific issues in case threaded plugin loading is enabled
  • v1.0.4 - change compatibility flags to support MediaPortal v1.5.0
  • v1.0.5 - synchronization of code revisions with WorldWeather release 1.2.6
  • v1.0.6 - refactoring of plugin startup code, code cleanup, internal maintenance/test release
  • v1.1.0 - several performance improvements
  • v1.1.1 - synchronization of code revisions with WorldWeather release 1.3.1
  • v1.2.0 - synchronization of code revisions with WorldWeather release 1.4.0, change compatibility flags to support MediaPortal v1.6.0
  • v1.2.1 - fix a possible startup deadlock
  • v1.3.0 - change target framework to .NET 4.0, change compatibility flags to support MediaPortal v1.7.0, support for updated plugin framework v1.2.0
  • v1.3.1 - change compatibility flags to support MediaPortal v1.8.0
  • v1.4.0 - change compatibility flags to support MediaPortal v1.9.0
  • v1.4.1 - synchronization of code revisions with WorldWeather release 1.6.3, changes to internet connectivity handling
  • v1.4.2 - synchronization of code revisions with WorldWeather release 1.6.4, change compatibility flags to support MediaPortal v1.10.0
  • v1.4.3 - synchronization of code revisions with WorldWeather release 1.6.7
  • v1.4.4 - fix for wrong plugin dependency/installation detection
  • v1.4.5 - API related corrections to weather provider “Foreca”
  • v1.5.0 - synchronization of code revisions with WorldWeather release 1.7.0
  • v1.6.0 - cryptograhic routines updated, support for MediaPortal v1.12.0
  • v1.6.1 - synchronization of code revisions with WorldWeather release 1.8.1
  • v1.7.0 - synchronization of code revisions with WorldWeather release 1.9.0, change compatibility flags to support MediaPortal v1.13.0
  • v1.7.1 - synchronization of code revisions with WorldWeather release 1.9.1, change compatibility flags to support MediaPortal v1.14.0

Note for existing WorldWeather users: This lite version cannot be used or configured simultaneously, if WorldWeather is installed on your system. In order to test it anyway, please enforce the following steps:
  • synchronize your WorldWeather installation with latest version, nightly build or release candidate (recommended)
  • open WorldWeather configuration and reset your current and forecast weather provider to the first list entry
  • deinstall it or rename the plugin library “worldweather.dll” to "worldweather.dll.backup" temporarily
  • install the attached version

Important: the installer file/mpe1 version can be found in our plugin repository (see here).

Cheers, Micropolis

Attachments

• WorldWeatherLite for MediaPortal.pdf
    574.7 KB
  • WorldWeatherLite v1.7.1.zip
    2.6 MB
Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Works great here and looks good also..
    The only reason I will keep "Full" version is the hourly forecast as I need this often (I'm a scooter driver so rain or snow is a personal enemy ;) )
    WWL-1.jpg
    WWL-2.jpg

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Here is a skin file for PureVisionHD. Just extract content of attached Zip- File to your PureVision HD skin folder...
    WWL-PureVisionHD.jpg

Attachments

• WorldWeatherLite.zip
      3 KB

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Just did a fresh install, hit detect and WW found closest city, typed exact town name and hit detect and WW found exact town. checked weather in Defaultwide and Titan and all looks good. Tried with foreca and World Weather online with key.

datfreak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2006
    It would not let me select a town that I had config thru mediaportal plugin manually, but worked ok with the same town config thru the plugins inhouse config.
    BTW will the lite version have a web picture button (single page radar map etc)?
    thankyou

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello datfreak,
    ... It would not let me select a town that I had config thru mediaportal plugin manually, but worked ok with the same town config thru the plugins inhouse config ...
    Is it possible to post "steps to reproduce" here?

... will the lite version have a web picture button (single page radar map etc)?
    No, this is not planned. The goal of WorldWeather Lite was to create an easy to use plugin including minimal configuration steps and effort. You can use WorldWeather instead.

Micropolis

Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    I've released a small update of WorldWeather Lite.
    This version contains changes to the "Add weather location wizard" (you can select the time zone now) and minor fixes.

Cheers, Micropolis

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi Micropolis,

First a small request ;) Is it easy to support #WorldWeather.ForecastProviderImage in WWL? I much prefer the site logos to the long text strings.

I am having problems with some locations. They will work in one provider but not another (usually not for Weather Underground). I am using v0.2.0

Example: Goderich, Canada.
    Using the 'Add weather location wizard' in GUI:
    1. Enter 'Goderich'
    2. Dialog displays two entries:
      1. Goderich, CAN (CAXX0165)
      2. Goderich, Canada (4044)
    However, no matter which I select Wunderground can't find the data. (error loading from Wunderground...)

If I select the first option when I check in Config for WWL I can see country is added to City field, and the PDF clearly states for Wunderground you must add country to the Country field. But even if I add it - still doesn't work.

If I select the second option, when I check in config Canada is correctly added to the country field, but still won't get data. When I troubleshoot using:
    http://api.wunderground.com/api/<mykey>/conditions/q/Canada/Goderich.xml, the result shows correctly, BUT in the xml <country>CA<country> So then I try changing country to CA but still no luck.

I tried the same using the 'Manual add weather location' as well as auto detect, entering a city name and Detect - but I could not get Weather Underground to work. What am I doing wrong? :(

With other locations I get completely different results depending on the weather provider. Sometimes city code works with one provider but not another (no results), sometimes WOEID works, sometimes I need to spell 'city' name differently or country code, etc. Is that correct? If so, I realize there is probably nothing you can do about that, if the APIs use different codes/standards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom