WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (4 Viewers)

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I tried the slideshow but it is not working for me. (radar - 39 images)

error.log
    Code:
    2012-08-13 19:13:19.460907 [ERROR][(8)]: World Weather: Error loading weather image from http://wwwdyn.zdf.de/ext/weather/sat-euri-0-<rangenumber:10,48>.jpg. (Error Code: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Der Index war außerhalb des Arraybereichs.
      bei WorldWeatherPlugin.WorldWeather.GetImageFile(String imageLocation, String imageFile)
      bei WorldWeatherPlugin.WorldWeather.GetWeatherImage(String weatherImageLocation, String weatherFile), Der Index war außerhalb des Arraybereichs.)

Any idea? Do you need more informations?
    Maybe it timed out. If I make a range from 45 - 48 it works.
    Thanks!

Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,

@AlfredO:
    ... When the HTCP comes from standby, there is no connection to the internet for WorldWeather (Google) ...
    Using the expert settings, you can adjust the delay, before WorldWeather tries to refresh weather data. See manual (chapter 4.9) for more information.

@AlfreadENeuma:
    ... If I use your example for ZDF sat (<rangenumber:10,48>), I get several error messages "could not load images.., and I really do not get the images (i.e. the slideshow). ... I tried to change the "Timeout" in Expert settings, but this seems not to change anything. Is it possible that the timeout settings do not work?
    The timeout settings are an integral part of this plugin. If these settings doesn't work, nothing won't work.

... I do have the same effect as Lehmden (delay of about 2 minutes on "Lade Anzeigeplugins" with WorldWeather enabled), just to let you know, I do not care too much about it.
    I'm in discussion with Lehmden, the root cause isn't identifed yet. For me, it's not reproducable.

@mbuzina:
    ... Currently setting up ww is quite difficult. You need to know different identifiers for your city, long & lat. and more details. Maybe you could use the net to lookup country/city combinations and gather the informarmation the plugins need?
    The "Detect" functionality tries to identify the correct city name, city code and longitude, latitude using a internet location database. Until today, I doesn't have find a database or internet source, which can fulfill your needs for all possible combinations and providers.

... Since you already provide a list of sample image sources, why not go further and make the country (region) specific and autofill them?
    For this case, a question from my side: do you have find a community member, who will configure and maintain regional settings for available regions? Sorry, I don't have the time to do that.

... but I think it is time more people can start using it without the complicated setup ...
    A good start for beginners is a base weather configuration, which is provided via installer. For nightly builds or release candidates you can find this "base" file in the folder "worldweather\release\base". Take it, build good examples including sample images and send it back.

... Right now the delay between each image is the same for each image. How about adding this to the range placeholder as an additional parameter? This way we could show the sattelite animation as 1-2 sec. per image and the zdf today, night tomorrow could be slowed down to 15 seconds.
    Good idea, but I don't have an idea, in which way you can separate between "this" and "this" image type. The intrdouction of a new configuration parameter for weather images is not a good solutions, this would make the configuration more complex.

@Holzi, @catavolt:
    ... I tried the slideshow but it is not working for me...
    I have a presumption, but need time for testing.

Cheers, Micropolis

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    EHi micropolis,

To 1: Why not lookup an entered City Name using google & yahoo? Maybe the API does not provide that. Lat & Long can be gathered from google maps API I think. But I guess you have already checked.

To 2: That is true, maybe a wiki "like" Setup to gather the mind of the crowd?

To 3: Yep, that is a good start (I was able to setup, but I just think WW could enlarge ist user base if it is easier).

To 4: Change the <rangenumber:x,y> to <rangenumber:x,y,s> where s is the number of seconds between each pic. So (to stay in the samples):
    http://wwwdyn.zdf.de/ext/weather/sat-euri-0-<rangenumber:10,48,2>.jpg for europe sat and
    http://wwwdyn.zdf.de/ext/weather/temp-brd-<rangenumber:0,2,15.jpg for the temperature

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello mbuzina,
    To 1: Why not lookup an entered City Name using google & yahoo? Maybe the API does not provide that. Lat & Long can be gathered from google maps API I think. But I guess you have already checked.
    I can't count currently, how much databases I had check before. From my point of view, it does not make sense to use more than one database in parallel. Sorry, no way.

To 2: That is true, maybe a wiki "like" Setup to gather the mind of the crowd?
    A lot of days before my suggestion was to collect weather profiles inside our wiki. It's very easy: You don't need much more than a list of regions/countries and willing users, who put there specific "base" profiles into this. But my idea/suggestion overhauled...

To 4: Change the <rangenumber:x,y> to <rangenumber:x,y,s> where s is the number of seconds between each pic....
    No sorry, the third parameter is currently reserved for the step number. On the other hand, I must redesign some routines again. I can invest in this, but not yet and not before the next official version.

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I was going through the image screens in WorldWeather and ended up with the waiting circle stuck in the middle of the screen, even after going to the Home menu. I had to close MP to get rid of it, which was obviously rather annoying.

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Same problem here, when I resume from Standby, I get a popup that getting data from Google failed.
    Mostly it only works after a reboot.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    it's time to present you the first release candidate of WorldWeather v0.6.0. As always, you can find this version at the first post of this thread. Based on detailed feedback the following changes and enhancements are included:
    • support of more iterative placeholders (for slideshows you can optionally use a step number)
    • bugfix for slideshow builder exception
    • refactoring of image cache routines to prevent startup delays on slow internet connections
    @Holzi, @catavolt: please test the slideshow under your previous test conditions
    @Lehmden, @AlfredENeuma: please test wether the startup delay problem still exists

I would invite my faithful users to start appropriate regression tests now. In case that no errors or showstoppers are found, the next official version will be published in the next few days.

Let my say thanks to all contributors, skinners and testers, feedback for this version is very welcome. Please be aware, that feature requests will be postponed to a future release.

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks Micropolis.

One thing I'd ask you to look at is whether you can find a way to avoid overwriting user's profiles when they update. I presume these are stored in WorldWeather.xml but perhaps any custom/user-created profiles could be stored in a separate file to avoid this problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom