WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (3 Viewers)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Micropolis

seem to have a little problem entering worldweather config, see screen shot :(

Attachments

• sshot-108.jpg
      sshot-108.jpg
      106.1 KB

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear TOPOSPELEO, Paranoid Delusion,

@TOPOSPELEO:
    ... the starry sky was appearing perfectly, but now even with the version 0.6.0 already it does not appear by no means on the screen ...
    Without any log information and/or your worldweather config file I cannot do anything.

@Paranoid Delusion:
    ... seem to have a little problem entering worldweather config ...
    For me it seems, that you have the same problem as another user some days before (see post), please reset your configuration. The log files doesn't show me, which configuration field is the root cause for this.

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Seems a setting for WorldWeather inside mediaportal.xml was set to "4", changed to "0" and config opened but with no settings, god knows what caused that, but now fixed.

Thanks

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    I'm having a few issues with WorldWeather.

Firstly, Google still isn't working for me. I've had it on Yahoo but switched back to Google today to see if it would fix my other issues but then after a while I got an error Popup about Google. Worldweather doesn't appear to log these errors but I've attached my logs anyway.

Secondly, on the Home menu of PVHD at the bottom where it displays the weather it only shows the current day. I don't know if that's due to Yahoo (which I'm having to use as Google's not working for me) not providing any data for future days.

Thirdly, when viewing the images (in any view other than Flat) it keeps going wierd and showing empty place holders before the actual images. Sometimes it will be fine and show just the actual 8 or so images and other times it shows 30-40 empty place holders before them. I guess this might be a skin issue but thought I'd check here first.

MP-WorldWeatherHome.png

MP-WorldWeatherImages.png

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Micropolis I can't find the Plugin in the Extension Installer and can't update it with the Extension Installer. Aren't you been able fo fix this problem.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear doveman, IchBinsShort.

@doveman:
    ... Google still isn't working for me. I've had it on Yahoo but switched back to Google today to see if it would fix my other issues but then after a while I got an error Popup about Google....
    do you have tried the troubleshooting step for your location, which are described in the appropriate manual? If no, please do this before, if nothing of this helps, please post your WorldWeather profile here. After my holidays I can analyse this personally.
    For the other topics, please discuss these problems with catavolt, I'm sure he will be able to help you perfectly.

@IchBinsShort:
    ... I can't find the Plugin in the Extension Installer and can't update it with the Extension Installer...
    I can't count, how often I hear this question from you or other users in the last time. And again my same answer: My development environment (and also my HTPC environment itself) gives me a reproducible exception each time, when I want to create the update.xml. This file is required to support the extension installer. I have discuss my issue with team members and support was promised. Please let me find and fix the root cause, reminders doesn't help here.

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    @doveman:
    do you have tried the troubleshooting step for your location, which are described in the appropriate manual? If no, please do this before, if nothing of this helps, please post your WorldWeather profile here. After my holidays I can analyse this personally.
    For the other topics, please discuss these problems with catavolt, I'm sure he will be able to help you perfectly.

Thanks Micropolis, I thought the other issues might be skin-related and I'll try that troubleshooting step from the manual.

Have a good holiday :)

Last edited:

RobertinoM

Portal Pro
    March 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, since the last days I also have problems with google... and I followed the troubleshooting guide ;-)

When I am starting occassionally "weather" is empty in StreamedMP, then I have to go to the plugin and follow these steps:

I have two locations, when I am entering the plugin, for the first "munich" the weather data is empty, the second one shows data! now when I am switching back to location "munich" it reloads data.

Even after that, it happens that a pop-up comes up during a movie that it couldn't retrieve data from Google.

Regs Robertino

jimbeam128

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

I´m also using WorldWeather right now. Looks very good so far, but I´ve got two problems:

1) When I´m watching TV sometimes there comes up the message that there´s no internet connection. Can I suppress the message? Is it possible to configure a "retry" interval, if the first grab does not succeed?

2) I try to use the standard pre-configured satellite picture which is downloaded from zdf.de. On the config menu I can see the picture when pressing the button. But when I try to get the satellite-picture in MediaPortal I get no image.... Does anybody know what´s wrong there?

I´m using PureVisionHD Blue Skin with WorldWeather 0.6.

jimbeam128

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello again,

just had a closer look on the config and I could see the setting "show notification dialogs". Does this setting suppress the messages?

Furthermore I enabled the default wide skin. There the satellite images work. - I copied the worldweather xml-files from the default wide skin to my PureVisionHD Blue Skin folder. Then it works.... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom