WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (7 Viewers)

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Marduk65

Portal Pro
    November 28, 2011
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    My new skin Xtreme has been pubblished today and, of course, WorldWeather is the main weather supported plugin.
    Below you can see some screenshots related to worldweather plugin in Xtreme.
    The skin can be found here.

Cheers

Basichome_1.jpg ConditionView_w_Feed.jpg ConditionView_wo_Feed.jpg ConditionHourlyView.jpg ConditionGraphicView.jpg SatelliteImages_StandardFlatView.jpg SatelliteImages_FilmstripView.jpg SatelliteImages_ThumbnailsView.jpg SatelliteImages_CoverflowView.jpg GeoclockView.jpg Zodiac_StarrySkyView.jpg CalendarView.jpg

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    attached at the first post of this thread you can find the newest nightly build for testing purposes.
    This version contains the following improvements and enhacements:
    • Image MIME detection now works for web and local/network locations correctly, supported image types are jpg, gif, bmp, png and tiff. Please post your request here, if some of your personal or used image types are not supported yet.
    • Due to a personal request, the plugin supports now a background mode (in the same way as other plugins of mine). Using this option, you can hide the menu entry of this plugin permanently. This can be useful, if you want include some specific properties into your existing skin files only.
    At least, a important thing again: the main library Micropolis.Core.dll is always upward compatible. If you overwrite a newer version (e.g. from nightly builds or release candidate versions), the execution of a plugin can fail. In this case, please replace the older library version with the last published version rmanually.

Cheers, Micropolis

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

weather breaks my TV if enabled with messsage "Abspielen nicht möglich live2-0.ts.tsbuffer"! :(

If weather plugin is disabled, TV is fine!

Any idea what went wrong?!?

Attachments

• 08-10-45.png
      08-10-45.png
      284.9 KB
    Last edited:

toricred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Dear community,
    attached at the first post of this thread you can find the newest nightly build for testing purposes.
    This version contains the following improvements and enhacements:
    • Image MIME detection now works for web and local/network locations correctly, supported image types are jpg, gif, bmp, png and tiff. Please post your request here, if some of your personal or used image types are not supported yet.
    • Due to a personal request, the plugin supports now a background mode (in the same way as other plugins of mine). Using this option, you can hide the menu entry of this plugin permanently. This can be useful, if you want include some specific properties into your existing skin files only.
    At least, a important thing again: the main library Micropolis.Core.dll is alwaysupward compatible. If you overwrite a newer version (e.g. from nightly builds or release candidate versions), the execution of a plugin can fail. In this case, please replace the older library version with the last published version rmanually.

Cheers, Micropolis

So I can't get images from weather.com to work. In addition I manually added the urls to the websites.xml file and they still aren't listed in the dropdown. I'm using 0.57 with MP 1.3a. Thanks for any tips you can provide.

uxDesign

Portal Pro
    December 10, 2011
    near Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here's a part of the log with 0.5.7. The images fail to load. I went back to 0.5.5 and this works again.

2012-07-28 14:00:48.056546 [ERROR][(10)]: World Weather: Error loading starry sky image. Status code: (Error Code: System.Net.WebException: Der Remotename konnte nicht aufgelöst werden: 'www.astronomie.de'
    bei System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(Uri address, String fileName)
    bei System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(String address, String fileName)
    bei WorldWeatherPlugin.WorldWeather.GetImage(String imageLocation, String imageFile)
    bei WorldWeatherPlugin.WorldWeather.RefreshAstronomyStarrySkyImageDataStart(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e), Der Remotename konnte nicht aufgelöst werden: 'www.astronomie.de')
    2012-07-28 14:14:58.780359 [ERROR][(3)]: World Weather: Error reading location feed information. (Error Code: System.Net.WebException: Der Remotename konnte nicht aufgelöst werden: 'wetter.com'
    bei System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
    bei System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetNonFileStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials)
    bei System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials)
    bei System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity(Uri absoluteUri, String role, Type ofObjectToReturn)
    bei System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrlDelegate(Object xmlResolver)
    bei System.Threading.CompressedStack.runTryCode(Object userData)
    bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
    bei System.Threading.CompressedStack.Run(CompressedStack compressedStack, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    bei System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrl()
    bei System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
    bei System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
    bei System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
    bei WorldWeather.Core.Feed.RSSFeedReader.Retrieve(String url)
    bei WorldWeatherPlugin.WorldWeather.GetWeatherFeedData(), Der Remotename konnte nicht aufgelöst werden: 'wetter.com')
    2012-07-28 14:15:03.832648 [ERROR][(19)]: World Weather: Error loading starry sky image. Status code: (Error Code: System.Net.WebException: Der Remotename konnte nicht aufgelöst werden: 'www.astronomie.de'
    bei System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(Uri address, String fileName)
    bei System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(String address, String fileName)
    bei WorldWeatherPlugin.WorldWeather.GetImage(String imageLocation, String imageFile)
    bei WorldWeatherPlugin.WorldWeather.RefreshAstronomyStarrySkyImageDataStart(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e), Der Remotename konnte nicht aufgelöst werden: 'www.astronomie.de')

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Der_Bub, toricred, uxDesign,

@Der_Bub:

... weather breaks my TV if enabled with messsage "Abspielen nicht möglich live2-0.ts.tsbuffer"! ...

I'm not able to reproduce this problem. If you take a look into the error log file, you can see this:

Code:
    2012-07-27 08:15:25.055400 [ERROR][(15)]: DirectshowUtil. Failed to add filter:Default DirectSound Device to graph :Ein COM-Objekt, das vom zugrunde liegenden RCW getrennt wurde, kann nicht verwendet werden. DirectShowLib    bei DirectShowLib.IGraphBuilder.EnumFilters(IEnumFilters& ppEnum)
      bei DShowNET.Helper.DirectShowUtil.AddAudioRendererToGraph(IGraphBuilder graphBuilder, String strFilterName, Boolean setAsReferenceClock)
    2012-07-27 08:15:25.067400 [ERROR][(15)]: TSReaderPlayer: Exception while creating DShow graph Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
    2012-07-27 08:15:25.067400 [ERROR][(15)]: TSReaderPlayer:GetInterfaces() failed

The plugin does not manipulate any settings for TSReaderPlayer, so the root cause must be located elsewhere.

@toricred:

... So I can't get images from weather.com to work. In addition I manually added the urls to the websites.xml file and they still aren't listed in the dropdown...

sorry to say, but I'm tired about unspecific problem reports. With your statement I don't have any chance to locate the issue or to make any suggestions. So I would ask you to write posts including examples, log files or configuration files like WorldWeatherWebsites.xml.

@uxDesign:

... The images fail to load....

is it correct, that you do not have entered URL prefixes like "http://"? This error is reproducible under this condition. If you have entered this, please post examples or other helpful information, which can be used to reproduce it.

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

toricred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    No problem. I wasn't sure which logs since it is happening when trying to configure the URLs in configuration so if I'm missing a log just let me know where to get it.

The first picture is intended to show that the URL I manually entered is not showing up on the list. It also should show that it doesn't match what is in the .xml file.

The next image is intended to show The URL I manually typed in (well actually copied and pasted) and that actually works directly in a web browser.

The final image is what happens when I select Preview for the top image. If there is anything more you need, please let me know and I can get it for you.
    dropdown.jpg
    manually input.jpg
    preview attempt.jpg

Attachments

• WorldWeatherWebsites.xml
      7.5 KB

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello toriced,

... The first picture is intended to show that the URL I manually entered is not showing up on the list. It also should show that it doesn't match what is in the .xml file.

Where do you have saved the WorldWeatherWebsites.xml? By default, the configuration routines filters invalid URLs and does not display them.

... The next image is intended to show The URL I manually typed in (well actually copied and pasted) and that actually works directly in a web browser.

If you take a deep look to the syntax of your web locations from imwx.com, each entered URL from this site isn't correct (e.g. http://i.imwx.com//web/maps/satellite/regions/southwest_sat_720x486.jpg). Please correct your URLs (no double slashes after the domain name) and I'm sure, the plugin does not have problems to display the picture inside the MediaPortal GUI or in Configuration preview mode anymore..

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom