WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (8 Viewers)

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Der_Bub, toricred, uxDesign,

@Der_Bub:

... weather breaks my TV if enabled with messsage "Abspielen nicht möglich live2-0.ts.tsbuffer"! ...

I'm not able to reproduce this problem. If you take a look into the error log file, you can see this:

As long I had an error Popup because of conection Problem with "Yr. No", TV was brokem. After switching to wetter.com for hourly condition, it wasn't/ TV runs fine again!

Maybe related to the popup?!

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    attached at the first post of this thread you can find a nightly build of WorldWeather v0.4.8. Please use at at your own risk.
    • hidden configuration items for refresh startup/resume delay added (for users having refresh problems after starting or resuming HTPC; add the line <entry name="RefreshStartupDelay">value</entry> and/or <entry name="RefreshResumeDelay">value</entry> to section "World Weather" in mediaportal.xml and replace "value" with count of seconds, default value is 0)
    Could you add these options to configuration please?

THANKS!

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Alfred, Der_Bub,

... As it becomes more and more difficult to find beautiful gifs for example for satellite views, but very easy to find satellite pics: Would it be possible for your plugin to download and save a picture lets say evey 15 or 30 Minutes, keep lets say up to 10 or 20 of the last pictures (FIFO) and display them like a diashow in an endless loop? ...
    At the upcoming weekend I can offer you a possible solution for this. It's more simpler to code it, but you have the possibility to build image slideshows for the same weather image type. A better explananation follows.

... Could you add these options to configuration please?
    These configuration options are part of the expert settings. You can see and change it, when you select WorldWeather plugin in the configuration dialog, hold down the SHIFT-key when pressing the appropriate "Config" button and by opening the tab "Expert Settings". Hint: read the manual carefully, all of this is documented...

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I've got a problem using 0.5.8 nightly. I have a Media Portal startup delay for 3 minutes. It stalls on "loading windows plugins". if I switch back to 0.5.6 all is normal again.... 100& reproducible. If you need something (logs or so), tell me and I will create some.

BTW I'm using 1.3 Alpha...

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Lehmden,
    ... I've got a problem using 0.5.8 nightly. I have a Media Portal startup delay for 3 minutes. It stalls on "loading windows plugins"...
    What do you mean with "MediaPortal startup delay" exactly?
    For a quick solution: please try to reset WorldWeather related GUI settings (see expert settings in configuration) and check, if the problem persists. If yes, please post your worldweather configuration file and mediaportal.log here, thank you.

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have a problem with version 0.5.6, as they are now in English. Before that I had a German language has since changed?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    What do you mean with "MediaPortal startup delay" exactly?
    When I start MP there are some messages on the splash screen. The message " Lade Anzeigeplugins" ("loading windows plugins" in English) stays there for about 3 Minutes until the starting procedure of MP continues. If I disable World Weather or using older Version this message is there for some seconds only. So the start of Media Portal lasts about 4 Minutes in total if I use 0.5.8 instead of less than one minute else.

The test I will do later tonite.

Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello IchBinsShort,
    I have a problem with version 0.5.6, as they are now in English. Before that I had a German language has since changed?
    it's helpful if you describe the problem exactly. Language files changes doesn't come with this version.

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom