WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (6 Viewers)

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Thank you sir...that did the trick.

One thing I have noticed though, is that when using the "VClouds" icon set I have distorted images?
    Regards.[/quote]

That is "normal" due to the different icon aspect ratios.
    I have posted it here already: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...l-v1-2-0-or-higher.102775/page-80#post-844131

OK...I've reworked the "VClouds" icon set to be central and in proportion.

Capture1.PNG

Maybe these could replace the set on page 1?

Regards.

Attachments

• VClouds.zip
      1.4 MB

FillR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 16, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Micropolis,

Please find a slighty corrected/improved french translation for WorldWeather 6.4. This is a replacement for the previous one.

Also, as a remark, the item 119 "Clear/Sunny" appears also at night when the moon is shining, I imagine, the english description should be updated.

Attachments

• WorldWeather 0.6.4 french 1.2 - translation.rar.rar
      2.9 KB
    Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    it's time to present you the new stable version v0.6.5 of WorldWeather. See the summary below for included additions, enhancements and fixes.

Plugin changes
    • add weather provider support for AccuWeather, WeatherBug, Weather Underground and Foreca
    • remove weather provider support for Google
    • add weather map provider support for Open Weather Map and Google
    • configuration/expert settings and context menu enhancements
    • add pressure unit “Inch” and appropriate conversion routines
    • add new properties (TodayTemperatureFeelsLike, ForecastDayLowFeelsLike, ForecastDayHighFeelsLike, LocationStation)
    • change of display logic for different location related properties
    • notifications/confirmations will be suppressed now in case of full screen is visible
    • fix for possible exceptions, if configuration is corrupt or doesn’t match to plugin version
    • fix for weather map URL preview
    • fix for season calculation
    • enhancements to allow local map URL files (e.g. "file://c:\worldweather.html")
    • changes to included skin files
    Skin changes
    • skin changes are not required
    For more information about the plugin, configuration settings, comparison of weather providers or useful hints please consult the manual, which can be found at the first post of this thread.

Finally let me say thank you for suggestions, bug reports and support in different things.

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    Dear community,
    it's time to present you the new stable version v0.6.5 of WorldWeather. See the summary below for included additions, enhancements and fixes.

Plugin changes
    • enhancements to allow local map URL files (e.g. "file://c:\worldweather.html")
    Skin changes

Cheers, Micropolis

Absolutely fan...bloody...tastic, ...opens up so many other possibilities! Can't wait to give it a try!

Many, many thanks sir.

Regards.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    for all of those members, who can't wait for new features and/or the final release, I would invite you to test the new nightly build v0.6.7. This version contains a important development milestone and can be found at the well known place.

Plugin changes
    • add history condition support for “Weather Underground” (please be aware, that you need a valid API key for this)
    • appropriate configuration/expert settings and context menu enhancements
    • add history related properties, add basic chart routines (see chapter 6 for more information)
    • rework of language files to support the new functionality
    Skin changes
    • add condition view "History"
    • add history condition related skin files (@catavolt: The default skin contains my generic skin file WorldWeatherHistoryCondition.xml, please take it and build a maintainable (and better) skin file for the final version. Thank you!)
    Important: it is highly recommended to update language files and extend the skin files with changes, which are described above. Also I would suggest to disable the weather history condition functionaility by default, if you do not have register for a Weather Underground API key until now.

Now some answers to last questions and remarks:

@mamachan:
    ... Where i can found "City Code" for my city? = RECANATI (MC) - Postal Code 62019 - ITALY ...
    You can use two methods, please enter the Yahoo specific Where On Earth ID "*12676450" or the international city code "ITXX0139" (for Potenza) into the city code field.

@serak:
    ... Hmmm. I have opened configuration and without any change saved. Restart MP and now it works...
    Maybe the website has not generate or publish the appropriate file at the given time?

@FillR:
    ... Also, as a remark, the item 119 "Clear/Sunny" appears also at night when the moon is shining, I imagine, the english description should be updated.
    World Weather Online and other providers does not separate between day and night, means "Clear/Sunny" can be the same condition for day or night. The parser of WorldWeather cannot differentiate between both states, as a result we need this ambiguous condition text.

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    Dear community,

Plugin changes
    Skin changes

Cheers, Micropolis

Absolutely fan...bloody...tastic, ...opens up so many other possibilities! Can't wait to give it a try!

Many, many thanks sir.

Regards.

Edit: Just read the manual... never thought I would get so excited about seeing the weather! Herzlichen Dank.

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    Does anybody know what the "WorldWeather.xml" file in the "Base" folder is for?

Capture.PNG

Regards.

EDIT: Worked it out for myself!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom