WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (9 Viewers)

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: WorldWeather plugin v0.3.0 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Thank you for the glance into the future. =)

bkv

Portal Member
    February 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Re: WorldWeather plugin v0.3.0 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

It's hard to reproduce this issue on my development machine. I suspect some codepage issues here. I made some changes to the weather provider wrapper, please test the output with latest build. If this doesn't work again, I suggest to use the properties #WorldWeather.TodayWindSpeed and #WorldWeather.TodayWindDirection instead of #WorldWeather.TodayWind. Regarding weather coding description you can use #WorldWeather.TodayIconDescription or #WorldWeather.ForecastDay<digit>IconDescription alternatively. Please see the included manual for more information.

Hi Micropolis
    I tried the current version, unfortunately, no change in coding. Follow the signs I estimate that the data in the encoding ISO-8859-2 are shown in encoding windows-1250.
    My opinion is that if the input is (www page http://www.google.com/ig/api?weather=Stribro&hl=cs) in UTF-8 and the output (file WorldWeather.xml) in UTF-8 is not needed use a different encoding than UTF-8

Thanks for the work they do spend.

Attachments

• ScreenShot550.jpg
      ScreenShot550.jpg
      98.4 KB

Pedernal74

Portal Pro
    September 19, 2007
    Burgos
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

Hi Micropolis

Thanks for your work.
    I have done the spanish translation of the plugin. Attached you will find the file.

Regards and Merry Christmas to all the members of the forum.

Attachments

• strings_es.xml
      4.2 KB

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hello!
    I got a question/suggestion.. would it be possible to show "random" backdrops for specific weather conditions?

For example.. lets say weather condition is Rain which indicates backdrop 6.png. Now I want to make a weather folder named 6 with five weather images which show rain in there. If the condition is Rain I want to randomly show one of these five images.
    For now all is static right?
    Thanks!

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    WorldWeather plugin v0.3.0 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Dear community,
    a new nightly build v0.3.4 was uploaded for testing purposes only, please use it at your own risk.

List of plugin related changes:
    • weather feed functionality added
    • new properties (#WorldWeather.Feed, #WorldWeather.FeedEnabled)

After some changes and enhancements, it was possible to merge some "hidden" code parts to the main trunk. Most of my automated regression tests are completed, the next release candidate is on the way.

@Holzi:
    ... would it be possible to show "random" backdrops for specific weather conditions?

What do you expect here or is it only a skin issue?

Cheers, Micropolis

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hello!
    At the moment you can have only one specific backrop for one condition. Is it possible to make this more configurable? E.g. have one folder with several rain images and the plugin chooses randomly one picture out of that folder while the condition shows rain.

I think this will be hard to achieve if ever possible?
    Thank you!

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: AW: WorldWeather plugin v0.3.0 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Hello Holzi,

Is it possible to make this more configurable? E.g. have one folder with several rain images and the plugin chooses randomly one picture out of that folder while the condition shows rain.

the only possible solution is to give you a new property, which contains a random number.
    With this you have the chance to build a image link in your skin file like "c:\program data\team mediaportal\mediaportal\backdrops\#WorldWeather.TodayIconNumber\#WorldWeather.RandomNumber.png" (#WorldWeather.RandomNumber is the random number).

Cheers, Micropolis

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

This sounds really perfect! Would be great if you could make this! =)

But how do I find out the #WorldWeather.TodayIconNumber for backdrops? Is there a list somewhere? Condition icon number and backdrop icon number are not the same, are they?

Would it also be possible to use "c:\program data\team mediaportal\mediaportal\backdrops\#WorldWeather.TodayCondition\#WorldWeather.RandomNumber.png"

So one of your backdrop folder is for example:
    C:\program data\team mediaportal\mediaportal\backdrops\Rain\ with rain images in there named 1.png, 2.png, 3.png etc..

But I think there will be problems with the translations..

Link for several nice weather backdrops you can find here: http://transparency-xbmc.googlecode.com/files/Weather-Fanart.rar

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hello Holzi,
    no, let me explain this.

#WorldWeather.TodayIconNumber is a unique number for current condition and can be, if you want, controlled using icon mapping file. Means, you need a directory structure like "c:\program data\team mediaportal\mediaportal\backdrops\<unique>\<random>.png.
    The <unique> number for rain (day) is 10. If you want to display the second backdrop for condition "Rain", <random> must be set to 1 (zero based). Means, the skin engine search for the image "c:\program data\team mediaportal\mediaportal\backdrops\10\1.png.

The directory structure is only a quick example.

Hope, you can follow my thoughts. Otherwise, let's discuss this via PM or later via IRC.

Cheers, Micropolis

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I'll think I understand and this is exactly what I would like to see. Hope this is possible!
    Great work you do and already did! =)

Addition:
    So the <unique> number is the same for backdrop and condition icon?! And there starts the problem for rain.. 10.png doesn't show rain condition in my opinion by default.
    Attached is 10.png.. looks more like ice to me. =)

Thank you!

Attachments

• 10.jpg
      10.jpg
      401.9 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom