WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (8 Viewers)

Ballermann

Portal Pro
April 22, 2011
Im Norden :)
Home Country
Germany Germany
issues & question :)

At first I have to say: Great work!!

I am sad I have to say that I have some issues with WorldWeather:

- when adjusting the location (in my case Oldenburg, Germany, GMXX0101) and using "detect" it switches to Munich automatically.

- if I remember in a right way, the "original" weather-plugin showed up the Location next to the temp in Homescreen, like "Oldenburg, 10°C", now it´s just showing the temp.

- I am using an external display, connected via MPDisplay2-Plugin, this is using InfoService-Plugin for showing temp and the specific icon while running
Code:
	<section name="Control50">
		<entry name="Type">Image</entry>
		<entry name="Description">weather icon</entry>
		<entry name="PosX">1093</entry>
		<entry name="PosY">360</entry>
		<entry name="Width">150</entry>
		<entry name="Height">150</entry>
		[B]<entry name="Image-WinID-Global">#infoservice.weather.today.img.small.fullpath</entry>[/B]
		<entry name="Visible">True</entry>
	</section>
	<section name="Control51">
		<entry name="Type">Label</entry>
		<entry name="Description">Temp</entry>
		<entry name="PosX">1064</entry>
		<entry name="PosY">520</entry>
		<entry name="Width">208</entry>
		<entry name="Height">55</entry>
		<entry name="FontSize">50</entry>
		<entry name="TextAlign">Center</entry>
		[B]<entry name="Label-WinID-Global">#infoservice.weather.today.temp</entry>[/B]
		<entry name="Visible">True</entry>
	</section>

Now the "connection" in between is gone - is there a chance of connecting this great plug-in with the MPDisplay-Plugin to see icon and temp again?

diskeeper

Portal Pro
January 5, 2007
Dortmund
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: WorldWeather plugin v0.3.0 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Thank you for making this happen! =)
Too bad I can't test it until next week.. nobody else is interested in this?! You can have more backdrops for one weather condition.. =)

funktioniert.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: WorldWeather plugin v0.3.0 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Could you make a quick example for that? Never heard that this works before..
    Thanks!

Code:
    <control>
          <type>multiimage</type>
          <id>1</id>
          <posX>0</posX>
          <posY>0</posY>
          <width>1280</width>
          <height>720</height>
          <imagepath>linkedweather\#WorldWeather.TodayIconNumber</imagepath>
          <timeperimage>10000</timeperimage>
          <fadetime>2000</fadetime>
          <loop>yes</loop>
          <randomize>yes</randomize>
    </control>

So with this example you can have multiple backgrounds for the same weather condition.

To setup this you will obviously need to create a linkedweather folder in the skins Media\Animations folder e.g.

Code:
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\StreamedMP\Media\Animations\linkedweather\

And then create a sub-directory for each weather condition e.g.

Code:
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\StreamedMP\Media\Animations\linkedweather\0\
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\StreamedMP\Media\Animations\linkedweather\1\
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\StreamedMP\Media\Animations\linkedweather\2\
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\StreamedMP\Media\Animations\linkedweather\47\

You can then copy the images you think best fit each weather condition into each folder. When you enter WorldWeather it will fade nicely between each background image.

Simple! No plugin changes required.

Well, I guess with this code example the weather images will be switched after 10secs (<timeperimage>10000</timeperimage>). So this is kinda like Fanart Handler works?!
    I would like to have no switching, only one image as long as I'm in weather screen. Is this possible with <loop>no</loop> ?

Thank you!

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: AW: WorldWeather plugin v0.3.0 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Could you make a quick example for that? Never heard that this works before..
    Thanks!

Code:
    <control>
          <type>multiimage</type>
          <id>1</id>
          <posX>0</posX>
          <posY>0</posY>
          <width>1280</width>
          <height>720</height>
          <imagepath>linkedweather\#WorldWeather.TodayIconNumber</imagepath>
          <timeperimage>10000</timeperimage>
          <fadetime>2000</fadetime>
          <loop>yes</loop>
          <randomize>yes</randomize>
    </control>

So with this example you can have multiple backgrounds for the same weather condition.

To setup this you will obviously need to create a linkedweather folder in the skins Media\Animations folder e.g.

Code:
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\StreamedMP\Media\Animations\linkedweather\

And then create a sub-directory for each weather condition e.g.

Code:
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\StreamedMP\Media\Animations\linkedweather\0\
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\StreamedMP\Media\Animations\linkedweather\1\
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\StreamedMP\Media\Animations\linkedweather\2\
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\StreamedMP\Media\Animations\linkedweather\47\

You can then copy the images you think best fit each weather condition into each folder. When you enter WorldWeather it will fade nicely between each background image.

Simple! No plugin changes required.

With the way Holzi want to have, everything work great, but you are limited to 5 pictures

ltfearme's way is working too, but it is not working correct when you change the location inside the plugin. The picture folder is not changing, so that the linked condition pictures stay linked to the "old" location. And there is a problem with the first picture. It is always the standard weather picture: the one with snow and hills.

But you have a unlimited picture number and a automatic background change

Hopefully this feature will stay in the plugin. I'm loving it. :D

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: WorldWeather plugin v0.3.0 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

I would like this feature too with the additional #WorldWeather.TodayRandomNumber property. =)
    And if enough people like it maybe Micropolis could add random numbers going from 0-9. I guess 10 pictures for one condition should be enough. =)

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: AW: WorldWeather plugin v0.3.0 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

I would like this feature too with the additional #WorldWeather.TodayRandomNumber property. =)
    And if enough people like it maybe Micropolis could add random numbers going from 0-9. I guess 10 pictures for one condition should be enough. =)

But then you are fixed to 10, what if you only have 5 images? Then you have half the time a black screen.

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Re: WorldWeather plugin v0.3.0 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Hi Micropolis, great work once again and thank you for adding metric units! :D

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: WorldWeather plugin v0.3.0 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

But then you are fixed to 10, what if you only have 5 images? Then you have half the time a black screen.

I thought there is an automatic detection which numbers are available.

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: WorldWeather plugin v0.3.0 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

#WorldWeather.TodayRandomNumber (values between 0-4) is a temporariliy toy for Holzi.

Here stands nothing of auto-detect for the number of elements. :confused:

Edit: I tested it. It is always 0-4, no auto-detection of the number of the elements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom