WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (13 Viewers)

schrej

Portal Pro
January 31, 2007
AW: WorldWeather plugin v0.3.0 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Micropolis
Thank you for this great plugin.
I would recommend to accept "." and "," in the longitude/lattitude fields as most sites offer you the data with a dot.
I also failed at the beginning as it is not mentioned in your documentation.
Should't be a huge problem, or?
Thanks Joerg

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Test of RC 035 of 28-DEC-2011

Hi rsbrux,

Some PNG images ... appear very distorted.

The plugin only loads the images from the given URL, there are no image effect routines implemented. That's the job of our skin engine. Maybe with a next release some routines to clip/resize images will be introduced.

My "self-defined" images ... don't appear at all (no menu entry to select them).

This was a bug, the status flag wasn't set correctly.

The webcam pictures don't seem to load properly. Sometimes I get the webcam picture for the previously viewed location, sometimes I get nothing.

I had analyzed this and yes, this problem can occur under some circumstances. The plugin use a internal caching mechanism. If I use the same image identifier for each location, the MediaPortal skin engine "means", it is the same image again. Because of this, each image for each location has a additional GUID now, this solves the problem.

Update: As a result of my last performance test, I've identified two possible race condition issues. To prevent this, I made small changes to the existing button handling routines. In addition to this, the weather feed routines are hardend now to eliminate exception failures (for a example see error.log from rsbrux).

A new release candidate was attached to first post, please test again.

Cheers and thanks for your findings, Micropolis

Happy New Year!

The new version is a substantial improvement. The webcam cache problem seems to be fixed, except that I still can't get my webcam image for Geneva to display at all.
    I also can't get the "Self-defined" image, browser maps or RSS feeds to work. I guess I don't really understand what was intended here. In the dropdown list labelled "Browser" on the Configuration "Settings" tab, I expected to see choices like Firefox & MSIE. Are additional plugins needed for gecko, Opera, et al.?

If I had one free wish for this plugin, it would be the ability to add new locations from the MP GUI instead of having to use Configuration. IIRC, this was implemented in the "official" MP Weather plugin for 1.2.x, just before it stopped working. To me this would be more useful than all of the other features discussed in this post.

Once again, many thanks for all of your efforts! Keep up the good work!

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Release Candidate of WorldWeather plugin v0.3.5 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Dear community,
    due to some potential problems I want to publish a new release candidate for the upcoming version v0.3.5. The latest build can be found in the first post of this thread.

This fixes the following things:
    • incorrect time zone calculation for countries with more than one rule
    • incorrect button handling under some circumstances
    • incorrect URL validation for IP based web pages (thx to rsbrux)

Additionally some requested properties were added, see chapter 5 for more information.

@schrej:
    I would recommend to accept "." and "," in the longitude/lattitude fields as most sites offer you the data with a dot. I also failed at the beginning as it is not mentioned in your documentation.

Sorry, not yet. This costs a lot of time for expected regression tests. If you take a look into the documentation from latest release candidate, you can find the appropriate hint on page 3.

@rsbrux:
    ...except that I still can't get my webcam image for Geneva to display at all...

fixed with latest release candidate.

...browser maps or RSS feeds to work...

Please enter a valid RSS web adress here, see latest WorldWeatherWebsites.xml for an example.

...In the dropdown list labelled "Browser" on the Configuration "Settings" tab, I expected to see choices like Firefox & MSIE. Are additional plugins needed for gecko, Opera, et al.?...

Sure, please install one of the supported plugins, e.g. BrowseTheWeb, GeckoBrowser etc. and select it in the configuration dialog.

Cheers, Micropolis

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: WorldWeather plugin v0.3.0 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Thank you!
    Gonna test everything tomorrow! =)

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Re: Release Candidate of WorldWeather plugin v0.3.5 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

@rsbrux:
    ...except that I still can't get my webcam image for Geneva to display at all...

fixed with latest release candidate.
    Confirmed, thanks!

...browser maps or RSS feeds to work...

Please enter a valid RSS web adress here, see latest WorldWeatherWebsites.xml for an example.
    Isn't this a valid RSS address?

I'm not really surprised that this satellite image doesn't work, but I was hoping to get something from this radar animation.

:D again for all of your work!

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: Release Candidate of WorldWeather plugin v0.3.5 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Hi rsbrux,

I'm not really surprised that this satellite image doesn't work, but I was hoping to get something from this radar animation.

we have discussed this issue before here.
    I want enhance this with the next release, but not yet. Sorry to say, but for this I must refactor the whole image and caching feature of this plugin. The main goal for the next days is publishing a final version v0.3.5.

Cheers, Micropolis

-ltb-

Portal Pro
    April 10, 2006
    Home Country
    France France
    Re : WorldWeather plugin v0.3.0 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Hi,

Just a little update of the french's translation.

Attachments

• strings_fr2.xml
      5.1 KB

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland

Hi rsbrux,

we have discussed this issue before here.
    I want enhance this with the next release, but not yet. Sorry to say, but for this I must refactor the whole image and caching feature of this plugin. The main goal for the next days is publishing a final version v0.3.5.

Cheers, Micropolis

Sorry, I had forgotten that post. Sorry to hear that it's so much work. For me this isn't so important. As previously mentioned, I would find being able to add locations from the MP GUI far more useful.

Thanks again for your great contribution!

P.S. There seems to be a problem with the caching, as most of my recent changes to the configuration are not being respected.
    Perhaps this is due to my running Configuration under a different (administrator) account than the (normal) one I use to run MP.
    I performed a complete shutdown and restart after changing the configuration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom