WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (11 Viewers)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Release Candidate of WorldWeather plugin v0.3.5 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Hi rsbrux,
sometimes you make me nervous ;-)

As previously mentioned, I would find being able to add locations from the MP GUI far more useful.

Ok, I have added this to the latest build. Please be aware, that's only possible to create a small location stub, it's really horrible to mirror all configuration settings to GUI.
In the last time you give me good test results, please do it in the same way for the add location feature.

P.S. There seems to be a problem with the caching, as most of my recent changes to the configuration are not being respected. Perhaps this is due to my running Configuration under a different (administrator) account than the (normal) one I use to run MP. I performed a complete shutdown and restart after changing the configuration.

Yes, the configuration and caching routines are designed per user.

Attached in the first post you can find the latest build and reworked translation files. I promise that this will be the last version before the final release, except there are showstopper bugs.

Cheers, Micropolis

felixbbb031

Portal Pro
October 24, 2011
..tu iza čoška
Home Country
Croatia Croatia
Re: AW: WorldWeather plugin v0.2.5 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Hi,

I just adjusted the Skin Files for StreamedMP. Just copy the xml files to %allusersprofile%\MediaPortal\skin\StreamedMP.

You can add the WorldWeather Plugin to the Basic Home Screen with the BasicHome Editor (See screenshot).

This are just the files for the plugin. I am not sure if it is possible to change the StreamedMP BasicHome Skin files to use the Information from the WorldWeather Plugin to display that in the top right. Or are there already adjustments for StreamedMP?

i am sorry,maybe this will sound stupid,but I can not found %allusersprofile%\MediaPortal\skin\StreamedMP . Please help.

:confused:

Marduk65

Portal Pro
November 28, 2011
Home Country
Italy Italy
Re: AW: WorldWeather plugin v0.2.5 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Hi,

I just adjusted the Skin Files for StreamedMP. Just copy the xml files to %allusersprofile%\MediaPortal\skin\StreamedMP.

You can add the WorldWeather Plugin to the Basic Home Screen with the BasicHome Editor (See screenshot).

This are just the files for the plugin. I am not sure if it is possible to change the StreamedMP BasicHome Skin files to use the Information from the WorldWeather Plugin to display that in the top right. Or are there already adjustments for StreamedMP?

i am sorry,maybe this will sound stupid,but I can not found %allusersprofile%\MediaPortal\skin\StreamedMP . Please help.

:confused:

..last revision of streamedMP is already updated to use WorldWeather plugin (last stable 0.3.0 release) instead of the old Mediaportal weather service, so download and install last SMP skin release and you don't have to do nothing more.
If you want to use last revision of WorldWeather (0.3.5RC), you can find related updated skin for StreamedMP here -> https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/827087-post34.html

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Re: Release Candidate of WorldWeather plugin v0.3.5 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Hi rsbrux,
    sometimes you make me nervous ;-)

As previously mentioned, I would find being able to add locations from the MP GUI far more useful.

Ok, I have added this to the latest build. Please be aware, that's only possible to create a small location stub, it's really horrible to mirror all configuration settings to GUI.
    In the last time you give me good test results, please do it in the same way for the add location feature.
    Sorry, didn't mean to put you under pressure. I didn't expect this in the current release, but just wanted to put my other comments in perspective concerning priority. As you say, it would be too complex (also from the user's perspective) to have all of the configuration options in the GUI. Just being able to search for a city and then get the 5-day forecast on the opening screen is plenty. Unfortunately, I don't even find the add location feature in the GUI. Perhaps it is a skinning (or caching) issue, as I also still don't see the "self-defined" image (although I took the precaution of emptying the MP cache directory and restarting MP. IAC, there is no need to rush; I would be happy to see this in 4.0
    P.S. There seems to be a problem with the caching, as most of my recent changes to the configuration are not being respected. Perhaps this is due to my running Configuration under a different (administrator) account than the (normal) one I use to run MP. I performed a complete shutdown and restart after changing the configuration.

Yes, the configuration and caching routines are designed per user.
    It does seem to work better now. I am generally getting the images I expect, except for the "self-defined" ones mentioned above.
    Attached in the first post you can find the latest build and reworked translation files. I promise that this will be the last version before the final release, except there are showstopper bugs.

Cheers, Micropolis

I found only two minor annoyances:
    1. If I didn't define a satellite image for a location, the images page is blank until I scroll down to the first image I provided. It would be nice if the plugin would automatically just display the first available image.
    2. All of my Swiss locations (Basel, Geneva, Lucerne, Zug & Zurich) are missing the icon and text for the "Current" display on the opening page. The 4 forecast days display normally, and other European locations (Amsterdam, Vienna) also have content for "Current".

Neither of these are show stoppers IMHO, so please make the next release whenever you feel comfortable to.

Thanks again for your great work!

larsbln

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2010
    Germany
    Re: WorldWeather plugin v0.3.0 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

I was trying to add Berlin, Germany (even with dot) but it's not working. Longtitude and Latitude are not working either.

I'm giving up .. No error message or any helpful information. This plugin is frustrating

StarWup

Portal Pro
    April 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I was trying to add Berlin, Germany (even with dot) but it's not working. Longtitude and Latitude are not working either. I'm giving up .. No error message or any helpful information. This plugin is frustrating

Look at my screenshot below. Do your settings match the entries, except for the other city of course? Try my settings and then carefully search for your localization and enter the correct details.

Attachments

• 2012-01-03_17-44.jpg
      2012-01-03_17-44.jpg
      56.4 KB

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: Release Candidate of WorldWeather plugin v0.3.5 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Hi rsbrux,
    Unfortunately, I don't even find the add location feature in the GUI. Perhaps it is a skinning (or caching) issue, as I also still don't see the "self-defined" image (although I took the precaution of emptying the MP cache directory and restarting MP.

Sorry, maybe it's better to describe this feature a little bit more. It's not a skin issue, please open the default context menu (F9), here you can find the functionalities to add the weather location and the (future oriented) weather provider switch.

If I didn't define a satellite image for a location, the images page is blank until I scroll down to the first image I provided. It would be nice if the plugin would automatically just display the first available image.

This depends on your skin settings, I couldn't control this in any way.

All of my Swiss locations (Basel, Geneva, Lucerne, Zug & Zurich) are missing the icon and text for the "Current" display on the opening page. The 4 forecast days display normally, and other European locations (Amsterdam, Vienna) also have content for "Current".

Please give me more information about your localization settings, I will test the output directly in browser mode.

@larsbln:
    I'm giving up .. No error message or any helpful information. This plugin is frustrating

It is always quite interesting to read such disrespectful and arrogant comments like this. Without giving further information (e.g. which WorldWeather version, do you see errors in your log files, your current worldweather profile) nobody can and will help to solve this problem. In addition, this plugin cannot decrease a thinking or a reading to you.

Cheers, Micropolis

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Hi Micropolis,

I want to say thanks for this awesome plugin.. Nice to see that you are making so much progress on it.. It's getting better and better.. A lot of nice features are added since the first release!

I have one problem with the rss feed.. Some feeds are working and some are not.. The one I like to use is: Buienradar.nl - Weerbericht But it doesn't work.. Do I have to add some characters to the URL? One of the feeds that works is: KNMI: Weersverwachting but didn't like that one..

Hope you can help me!

PS: Also thanks for adding a nice manual to each release.. That's very usefull!

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Hi Micropolis,

I haven't posted in this thread before but just wanted to say thanks for all your work! :D

Also thanks for professional way you approach the development process!

Cheers,

Mick

larsbln

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2010
    Germany

Look at my screenshot below. Do your settings match the entries, except for the other city of course? Try my settings and then carefully search for your localization and enter the correct details.

Now it works. But why is there a Detect button if it just resets the information I entered? There's no check
    or any hint if the information i've entered are correct or found in the database.

this plugin really needs a new gui with a more intiutive handling

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom