WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (4 Viewers)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Re: WorldWeather plugin v0.3.0 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Hello powermarcel10,
I have one problem with the rss feed.. Some feeds are working and some are not.. The one I like to use is: Buienradar.nl - Weerbericht But it doesn't work.. Do I have to add some characters to the URL? One of the feeds that works is: KNMI: Weersverwachting but didn't like that one..

I make some changes to the RSS feed routines, now it should work as expected. Please be aware, that RDF mode can't be supported in any way.
The appropriate release candidate build you can find in the first post.

Cheers, Micropolis

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Hello powermarcel10,
    I have one problem with the rss feed.. Some feeds are working and some are not.. The one I like to use is: Buienradar.nl - Weerbericht But it doesn't work.. Do I have to add some characters to the URL? One of the feeds that works is: KNMI: Weersverwachting but didn't like that one..

I make some changes to the RSS feed routines, now it should work as expected. Please be aware, that RDF mode can't be supported in any way.
    The appropriate release candidate build you can find in the first post.

Cheers, Micropolis

Thanks for your reply Micropolis,

I have tested the new version, but the rss feed: Buienradar.nl - Weerbericht still doesn't work.. Do you know why? Is for that feed the "RDF" mode for needed? Have no idea what that is.. Hope you can help me..

larsbln

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2010
    Germany
    Re: Release Candidate of WorldWeather plugin v0.3.5 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

@larsbln:
    I'm giving up .. No error message or any helpful information. This plugin is frustrating

It is always quite interesting to read such disrespectful and arrogant comments like this. Without giving further information (e.g. which WorldWeather version, do you see errors in your log files, your current worldweather profile) nobody can and will help to solve this problem. In addition, this plugin cannot decrease a thinking or a reading to you.

Cheers, Micropolis

Thank you for your honest reply. Well of course its allways easier to blame others for own failure.
    Do you provide a weather service with own stations all around the world? No? You are just writing
    a GUI and an API scraper and obviously you can't take recommendations to your work because
    you know better. I'm impressed

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: WorldWeather plugin v0.3.0 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

@larsbn
    If you can do better, no one prevents you from writing your own weather plugin with a better GUI.

I think the work of Micropolis is impressive and I guess I'm not the only with that opinion. (he made a lot of other very helpful and great plugins)

Hawkeye

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2005
    Halle (Saale)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Release Candidate of WorldWeather plugin v0.3.5 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or hig

You are just writing a GUI and an API scraper...
    If it's that easy, why don't you write a plugin and amaze us with your work?
    ...and obviously you can't take recommendations to your work because
    you know better.
    Maybe I'm blind but where exactly did you give a recommendation? All I read is: bla bla bla ... this doesn't work (of course you do NOT deliver log files or any other helpful information) ... bla bla bla ... this has to be better (without saying how or what exactly you would like) ... bla bla bla ... everyone could do this better (as stated above: prove it!) ...

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: WorldWeather plugin v0.3.0 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Look at my screenshot below. Do your settings match the entries, except for the other city of course? Try my settings and then carefully search for your localization and enter the correct details.

Now it works. But why is there a Detect button if it just resets the information I entered? There's no check
    or any hint if the information i've entered are correct or found in the database.

this plugin really needs a new gui with a more intiutive handling

Did you take a look at the documentation?
    There it is stated what this button does exactly (Tries to detect your location based on your WAN IP address).

If you think anything is not intuitive you are invited to help improving it.
    And if you are not a developer how about reviewing and enhancing the documentation.
    Add a description for everything you think is not intuitive and I'm sure you will earn consolation and respect for your contribution to this great piece of community driven development.

Cheers.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

I think the author of the plugin is now aware of the problem.

Yeah, but this is not the right way to report it.. Come on, and be a litle more friendly.. Without the author there was no weather plugin at all, so be happy..

Micropolis is doing a great job and has spent a lot of time to this plugin.. So don't be so contemptuously.. :)

Marduk65

Portal Pro
    November 28, 2011
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

Hi Micropolis,
    please can you tell me what is the property name to refer to translated string with Id 30 ?

Thanks

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Dear community,

@powermarcel10:
    ... I have tested the new version, but the rss feed: Buienradar.nl - Weerbericht still doesn't work.. Do you know why? Is for that feed the "RDF" mode for needed? Have no idea what that is.. Hope you can help me..

It's very simple, please enter the URL "http://rss.buienradar.nl" according to the ISO specification, means without a slash at the end. I have made double checks and no problem here. Thanks for testing.

@Marduk65:
    ... please can you tell me what is the property name to refer to translated string with Id 30 ?

The translation string ID 30 (and the whole block 30-32) doesn't have translation properties, these are in use as context menu headers. Do you need one of this?

Cheers, Micropolis

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom