WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (9 Viewers)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: WorldWeather plugin v0.3.5 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Here are the skin files for 0.3.6 Nightly for PureVision 4:3, PureVisionHD and PureVisionHD Blue and some relevant screenshots ;)
    I will release the skin files for Default and Default Wide in the afternoon ;)

Attachments

• 01.jpg
      01.jpg
      85.4 KB
    • 02.jpg
      02.jpg
      132.2 KB
    • 03.jpg
      03.jpg
      84.7 KB
    • 04.jpg
      04.jpg
      121.8 KB
    • 05.jpg
      05.jpg
      135.1 KB
    • WorldWeather for PureVisionHD.zip
      379.7 KB
    • WorldWeather for PureVisionHDBlue.zip
      379.3 KB
    • WorldWeather for PureVision.zip
      358.9 KB

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

...and here are the skin files for Default Wide and Default.
    Alex, pls use these in your next nightly ;)

Attachments

• 13-43-28.jpg
      13-43-28.jpg
      133.5 KB
    • 13-41-16.jpg
      13-41-16.jpg
      88.7 KB
    • 13-42-55.jpg
      13-42-55.jpg
      106 KB
    • WorldWeather for DefaultWide.zip
      12.5 KB
    • World Weather for Default.zip
      12.7 KB

AlfredENeuma

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

the precipitation radar is not moving
    Hi,
    what is your link to the "precipitation radar"? You should try this link in your webbrowser; if it is "alive" there, its a problem of MP. But I suppose it will not be alive there also (for example *.jpg).

Alfred

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Nightly Build of WorldWeather plugin v0.3.8 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Dear community,
    the latest nightly build v0.3.8 costs my a lot of headaches, coffee and, more than expected, my rare free time, anyway.

This build comes with the following changes, please use it at your own risk. Not all parts are hardened enough to use it in all variations.

• The facade routines for weather images must be reworked completely, because i had seen many problems to restore the facade after you leave the plugin page. Because of this, I had remove the facade and introduce a separate filmstrip and coverflow control.
    • Yahoo is now fully implemented as 2nd weather provider. The condition granularity is better, also more information like pressure and barometric pressure is supported. Bad news here is, it supports only 1 forecast day.
    • Because of this restrictions I have decide to introduce a mixed-mode for current/forecast provider, means you can get current condition from Yahoo, forecast condition from Google, vice versa or only from one provider. This can be controlled by the configuration dialog or by using the main context menu of this plugin.

As you can see, these are heavy changes. See the included manual for more and detailed information about last changes.
    In my opinion it is a good idea, to implement a 3rd provider with one of the future versions. The next nightly build comes not before the next weekend, my "real life" starts now with a lot of challenges.

catavolt: sorry to say, but your last Default and PureVision skins must be reworked due to the described changes. Generic skin files are included, sorry for any circumstances.

Cheers and best regards, Micropolis

rogerleifert

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2009
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Nightly Build of WorldWeather plugin v0.3.8 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Hi micropolis,

a little thing for the wish list:

Could wind-speed also be shown in Beaufort ?

The calculation could be based either on a table as in the above Wikipedia-link or with the exact formula as given in the German Wikipedia entry.

Kind regards

Roger

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Dear community,
    as announced yesterday, I want to present you the next milestone for this plugin. Let me summarize all changes for version v0.3.5 since the last official release:

Hello nice Plugin but I din't noticed that there is an update. Because I dinn't get an update Info in mediapüortal withe the Extension Plugin. The Extension Installer show me this screen. Please can you updated and fix this. I think it should work for all Plugins, meaybe you can have a look in your other Plugins, so it will work. Can you do this ?

Attachments

• Unbenannt.png
      Unbenannt.png
      139.8 KB

AlfredENeuma

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

but I din't noticed that there is an update
    Hi, if you use "Themen Optionen - Thema abonnieren" (Thread Tools - Subscribe to this Thread), you will get a mail whenever there is a new entry (and update).

And as Micropolis did a lot of updates during the last weeks (nearly every day), I think it is quite clear that he cares about the plugin functions first, and that the administration has lower priority.

Most of the updates are "nightly builds", which in fact should not go to an official update administration.
    Cheers Alfred

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Thanks for all the work!
    Hopefully you can add a weather provider with 5 day forecast! =)

EDIT:
    I tested your latest nightly and it works fine so far. The Random weather images are working like a charm! (one thing tho: I wasn't able to get them showing if I put the path with weather images into the skin\media folder. Maybe it has something to do with caching? Anyway, this don't need any rework.. just let it like it is now =))

2nd thing:
    I tried to get filmstrip view working but somehow I don't have any clue how to skin that.
    If I use a button with ID 50 I get this error:

Code:
    [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: GUIWindow:OnWindowLoaded 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\StreamedMP\worldweather.xml' control id:50 ex:Das Objekt mit dem Typ "MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIButtonControl" kann nicht in den Typ "MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIFilmstripControl" konvertiert werden.    bei System.RuntimeType.CheckValue(Object value, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture, BindingFlags invokeAttr)
       bei System.Reflection.RtFieldInfo.InternalSetValue(Object obj, Object value, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture, Boolean doVisibilityCheck, Boolean doCheckConsistency)
       bei System.Reflection.RtFieldInfo.InternalSetValue(Object obj, Object value, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture, Boolean doVisibilityCheck)
       bei System.Reflection.RtFieldInfo.SetValue(Object obj, Object value, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture)
       bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnWindowLoaded() WorldWeatherPlugin.WorldWeather

Maybe catavolt could help here too. =)

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: WorldWeather plugin v0.3.5 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Novice needs some help! :confused:

Have installed latest zip version (v0.3.8) but have distorted/out of alignment text/out of vision text and varying results for different skins (Maya, Black Glass, Avalon).

Am running on a PC monitor @ 1440x900 and UI/screen display settings within MP seem to be fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance. :D

pmwolf

Portal Pro
    July 30, 2010
    Re: WorldWeather plugin v0.3.5 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Hi
    Great plugin I just got two questions for you

1: What is a good site to use to get starry sky. I tried entering my own URL but it still uses the ones set in the WorldWeatherStarrySky.xml

2: How do I take advantage of the Self-defined weather image. It does not show up under images

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom