WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (5 Viewers)

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: WorldWeather plugin v0.3.0 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

thnks, that did the trick! :)

Marduk65

Portal Pro
    November 28, 2011
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

The translation string ID 30 (and the whole block 30-32) doesn't have translation properties, these are in use as context menu headers. Do you need one of this

...yes, I think it could be useful to have a translation string for "weather provided by"; maybe ID 30 could be used for this

many thanks :D

AlfredENeuma

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: WorldWeather plugin v0.3.0 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Hi micropolis,

:D for the great plugin.

Found a small mistake in your "WorldWeatherWebsites.xml": The entry for Wind0 is wrong (the same link as for Precipitation0). Attached is a corrected (or at least changed) version.

Little hint: Maybe you could add the explanation where to put WorldWeatherWebsites.xml and WorldWeatherIconMapping.xml; its easy to find, but then the documentation would be complete ;)

Alfred

Attachments

• WorldWeatherWebsites.xml
      7 KB

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Dear Marduk65, AlfredENeuma,

...yes, I think it could be useful to have a translation string for "weather provided by"...

I have added the translation string #WorldWeather.TranslationProvider (ID 600).

Little hint: Maybe you could add the explanation where to put WorldWeatherWebsites.xml and WorldWeatherIconMapping.xml; its easy to find, but then the documentation would be complete ;)

Done, see the new chapter "Expert Configuration" for details.

I have upload the final release candidate today, publish date for the whole community is planned for tomorrow. Thank you all for great ideas, enhancement request and support, now we can go the next step in the direction "2nd weather provider" and "filmstrip/coverflow view for images".

Best regards and cheers, Micropolis

StarWup

Portal Pro
    April 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

For me as a user of the StreamedMP skin it is always difficult to run updates on the weather plugin because in most cases the StreamedMP mod für World Weather loses funcionality afterwards. Are you in steady contact with Marduk65 to make sure that all your improvements are considered by him as well for his mod?

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: WorldWeather plugin v0.3.0 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Are you in steady contact with Marduk65 to make sure that all your improvements are considered by him as well for his mod?
    Well, I think you are very wrong here.... It is just vice-versa: The skinner has to look for new functions and make sure those are implemented in his skin - for a plugin designer it would cost lots of extra work to communicate with all skin designers to inform them about new features/functions - that´s what this thread is for ;)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    WorldWeather plugin v0.3.5 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Dear community,
    as announced yesterday, I want to present you the next milestone for this plugin. Let me summarize all changes for version v0.3.5 since the last official release:

List of plugin related changes:

• support for up to 10 locations
    • humidity, world, webcam and self-defined images and weather maps added
    • context menu and configuration options for opening a weather map added
    • configuration option to override the localization detection routines added
    • configuration option to load weather images on startup added
    • configuration option for optional weather feed added
    • location detection for configuration dialog added
    • support for more temperature and wind units
    • remove hardcoded predefined weather suggestions and introduce of a new optional control file for this
    • add holiday and season properties
    • weather feed functionality added
    • functionality to add a weather location within GUI
    • bugfixes

List of skin related changes:

• add a lot of optional properties (see chapter 6 for more information)
    • change button ID for “Refresh” from 4 to 9, add button ID 4 “Browser map”

Thank you again for great ideas, enhancement request and amazing skin and translation support.

Best regards and cheers, Micropolis

StarWup

Portal Pro
    April 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: WorldWeather plugin v0.3.5 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

I'm still in the office now and can't wait for getting home and trying out the new version. :D I have one question in advance: Is it possible to change and/or add season and public holidays? I'm missing some for my federal state.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Re: WorldWeather plugin v0.3.5 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Is there a need of new translations, or will you switch out the button ID without changing the language files?

Emph

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: AW: WorldWeather plugin v0.3.5 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Dear StarWup, emphatic,
    I'm still in the office now and can't wait for getting home and trying out the new version. :D I have one question in advance: Is it possible to change and/or add season and public holidays? I'm missing some for my federal state.

Nice to hear. This functionality isn't part of this release, but maybe with the next one ;-)

Is there a need of new translations, or will you switch out the button ID without changing the language files?

No, I have made the last changes to language file using a translation tool. Maybe you can double check the swedish translation.

Cheers, Micropolis

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom