WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (13 Viewers)

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: WorldWeather plugin v0.3.5 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

And as Micropolis did a lot of updates during the last weeks (nearly every day), I think it is quite clear that he cares about the plugin functions first, and that the administration has lower priority.

Most of the updates are "nightly builds", which in fact should not go to an official update administration.
Cheers Alfred

Yes I know this function, but it would be nice if a new stable realease would be available in the Extension Installer. Not all the nightly builds. Because he had add this Version to Download Repository on 6. January but maybe forgotten to add this to the Extension Installer. I think this takes only a few minutes..

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi, here are the new skinfiles for all PureVision and all Default skins for latest nightly build worldweather-v0.3.8-nightly-build-2012-01-08.
    No screenshots to save space on MP-Server ;)
    Alex, pls use the Default skins in your next nightly.

Attachments

• World Weather for Default.zip
      407.3 KB
    • WorldWeather for DefaultWide.zip
      407.3 KB
    • WorldWeather for PureVision.zip
      407.3 KB
    • WorldWeather for PureVisionHD.zip
      428.2 KB
    • WorldWeather for PureVisionHDBlue.zip
      427.7 KB

Caudron13

Portal Member
    May 10, 2006
    Australia
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Re: WorldWeather plugin v0.3.5 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Hi Micropolis

Thank you for an excellent replacement plug-in for Weather. I am using this plug-in with 1.2.2.0 running on Windows 7 Pro 64. I do have a question though. How do I configure World-Weather to accurately show the Sunrise/Sunset times for the southern hemisphere. My coordinates approx 115.00 East and 31.5 South.

Once again thank you for the effort you have put in to provide us with this needed plug-in.

Cheers Caudron

Pog

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland

How do I configure World-Weather to accurately show the Sunrise/Sunset times for the southern hemisphere. My coordinates approx 115.00 East and 31.5 South.
    Cheers Caudron

Set your Latitude to -31.5 and Longitude to 115.00. (Latitude needs to be negative for south coordinates)

Cojun

Portal Pro
    March 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi,

got a problem while trying to install World Weather in MP 1.2.2.
    If i try to configure the plugin and click on button "DETECT", World weather returns me everytime the same error: World Weather could not detect a valid location for your WAN IP address.

How can i fix this? I am actually not using a standard DSL connection. Its an LTE connection with actual WAN IP 2.174.215.11.

Can someone help me please?

Cojun

AlfredENeuma

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

World Weather could not detect a valid location for your WAN IP address.
    How can i fix this? I am actually not using a standard DSL connection. Its an LTE connection with actual WAN IP 2.174.215.11.
    Cojun
    Hi,
    this just means that your provider does not provide any information about your location (which could be normal on an LTE connection).
    Solution: Just do not use this function, but enter your City, City code, Postal code, Longitude and Latitude manually.

Alfred

Cojun

Portal Pro
    March 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hello Alfred,

thanks alot. I found it out by myself the last minutes :)
    We missed the weather function of MP alot and the Womans Acceptance Factor in my family was decreased drastic, the last monthes. Now i hope, i can make my girls happy again :)

Thanks

Daniel

uxDesign

Portal Pro
    December 10, 2011
    near Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: AW: WorldWeather plugin v0.3.5 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Hi catavolt, I had a strange effect with the Google logo and default wide skin. I have a 1920x1080 resolution and the logo's position isn't scaled like the rest of the skin. The skin's dimension is 1280x720 but I had to set the coordinates to <posX>1090</posX> <posY>1015</posY> to see the logo right to the text 'Weather data provided by'. I played a little bit around and found out that the missing hight for image causes the bug. The keep aspect ratio tag scaled the image correctly but without a hight the image's position is wrong. Seems to me like a bug in the skin engine. Maybe you can fix this for the next versions by setting the size to <width>100</width> <height>36</height>.

Regards, uxDesign

uxDesign

Portal Pro
    December 10, 2011
    near Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi Micropolis, I like your WorldWeather plugin very much and especially the geo clock. On TV the images with 716x358 looks quite fuzzy on 1920x1080 so I looked for a higher resolution and found NASA's night image here Earth night lights from NASA satellite and the day image here NASA Visible Earth (world.topo.bathy.200407.3x5400x2700.jpg, 2 MB, 2700x5400) and scaled them to 1920 width. The PNG for night has 8bit colors and is ~ 300kB large but the day is 24bit and has nearly 3MB.

Thanks for your great work!

Regards,
    uxDesign

Attachments

• day-night.zip
      3.1 MB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom