WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (1 Viewer)

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hi weather freaks,
    as promised here the xmls for the Default and PureVision skins (including the 4x3 versions).
    Changes:
    • New order of buttons (change view is now second button)
    • Complete list of satellite images including humidity and selfdefined
    • New visibilities of buttons in the different screens
    Wow, that was quick! The images look much better now, thanks.
    There are still a few points which might be improved:
    1. I miss the "Location" button that used to be on the "Images" page. Now if I am already on images and want to change the location, I have to back out to the "Condition" page to do so.
    2. This is really minor, but some wide images, like the Suntime and Temperature images I have for Swiss locations, are still getting clipped at the right edge of the skin. Is it possible to scale them?
    3. If I don't specify a satellite image (e.g. for Amsterdam in the attached config file), the "Images" page displays no image at all when entered. Why not just put the "Self-defined" image first? That way users can decide for themselves which image to display by default, without breaking the labeling or having to hand-edit the skin file(s).
    I have attached my config file in hope of making it easier for you to see what I mean.
    Many thanks for your great skinning work!

Attachments

• WorldWeather.xml
      36.9 KB

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi rsbrux, I had to disable the location and actualize buttons in images to have space for all the image buttons.
    The images are scaled with keeping the aspect ratio, so don´t know why they are cropped.
    Maybe I change the first image to selfdefined ;)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I thought they are for 48. BTW there is a little glitch. See screenshot

Attachments

• wetter.jpg
      wetter.jpg
      273.9 KB

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Claus, if you are using full HD resolution, then you will encounter a bug in skin engine not positioning grouped items correctly. The team is working on that.
    To override, just comment out the separator lines groups.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello!
    Is this a plugin bug or a skin engine bug? (see screenshot)
    weather_hourly.jpg

I tried to skin the hourly forecast view but not all things were displayed correctly. I can't add more than two days to atmosphere row 3 else every text item won't show up anymore (only for one sec after a refresh) and you only see the condition icons + dividers. It will kinda look like in this screenshot from post 882. -> https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/attachments/19-57-03-png.100006/

I tried it with and without grouped items (stacklayout). Same result. The reason why I think it could be a plugin bug is that v048 and v0.49 behaved differently in my opinion. In v.48 I can't even get the wind row 3 to show up which works fine now (v0.49)...

Thanks!

Cruzer

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    First of all, I am running version 0.45 of the plugin. Last weekend, we in the US switched to daylight savings time. Now, my sunrise and sunset times are off by two hours. Looks like one hour was added instead of subtracted. Currently, it says sunrise is at 9:30 and sunset is 9:15. Of course, they should be 7:30 and 7:15.

Sorry if this has already been reported or fixed, but I could not find any mention of this anomaly. And Thanks for an awesome plugin that only keeps getting better.

ay129

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just installed the plugin - and it works really well well done!

Just a small issue - it looks like the plugin overwrites the menu options in MP TV Server - something's gone wrong here?

ANy ideas?

tv.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom