WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (1 Viewer)

blair_haynes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    How did you install? Did you do a manual install, or use the installer? I too got this result when I used the manual install instructions.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    attached at the first post of this thread you can find the first release candidate version of WorldWeather v0.5.0.
    Please support me with personal regression tests to find and fix latest bugs or glitches of this release. Some words about requested future enhancements:
    • Last weekend I made some proof of concepts to get more information about the feasibility of weather profiles including specific provider settings. The results are a lot of "spaghetti" code, which can't be maintained over a longer period. If this request is REALLY favoured, I must change some big parts of plugin architecture before.
    • The idea to change the order of displayed weather images depends on skin specific settings and cannot be changed by the plugin itself. It's possible to include this feature in a future version, but costs deep skin changes, e.g. changed property names etc.
    • Unfortunately I didn't hear nothing about the previous discussions and activities regarding Weather Underground. @BigB42078: can you give us the latest information about your conversation with the responsible persons of this weather provider?
    I'd like to invite you to discuss the points before, your feedback about your personal opinion is welcome. Based on this I want to decide later about the implementation.

@Holzi:
    ... Is this a plugin bug or a skin engine bug?
    From my point of view this is a skin engine bug, because I can reproduce the same behaviour with other plugins (e.g. HTPCInfo) too.
    If you have a page with a lot (and unreproducible count) of properties, the skin engine stops displaying the property values. Try for yourself: comment out the complete first row and the missed values can be seen now.

@ay129, blair_haynes:
    ... Just a small issue - it looks like the plugin overwrites the menu options in MP TV Server - something's gone wrong here? ...
    I'm not able to reproduce this issue. The displayed values for zodiac signs are properties only, the plugin never overwrite existing buttons or other things. Could you please explain, which version do you use, installation steps and hints, what do you mean with "I too got this result when I used the manual install instructions..."

Cheers and thank you for your cooperation, Micropolis

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    To give some feedback.. =)

• Last weekend I made some proof of concepts to get more information about the feasibility of weather profiles including specific provider settings. The results are a lot of "spaghetti" code, which can't be maintained over a longer period. If this request is REALLY favoured, I must change some big parts of plugin architecture before.
    • For me, not needed!
    • The idea to change the order of displayed weather images depends on skin specific settings and cannot be changed by the plugin itself. It's possible to include this feature in a future version, but costs deep skin changes, e.g. changed property names etc.
    • This could be easily changed in the WorldWeatherImage.xml but I do understand if people don't want to change things in xmls. Personally not needed. But this is only my opinion!

@Holzi:
    ... Is this a plugin bug or a skin engine bug?
    From my point of view this is a skin engine bug, because I can reproduce the same behaviour with other plugins (e.g. HTPCInfo) too.
    If you have a page with a lot (and unreproducible count) of properties, the skin engine stops displaying the property values. Try for yourself: comment out the complete first row and the missed values can be seen now.

So you think this happens because there is too much stuff on the screen? Maybe I need to catch a skin engine dev then. =)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Holzi,

So you think this happens because there is too much stuff on the screen? Maybe I need to catch a skin engine dev then. =)
    I don't really know the root cause of this, but in my opinion it depends on the count of properties and length of appropriate values.

Cheers, Micropolis

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Alex, thx for the new release candidate.
    For me the weather profile 1 together with the provider settings in config are sufficient as a standard profile.
    Concerning the image order - well, I think I will set the selfdefined image as #1 in the list - if not defined, the list starts with the satallite image.
    I do have two suggestions though: a property for the calender week and a property for the day of the year, e.g. today is 14.03.2012, so day of the year is 74 and calendar week is 11. I think this would complete the calendar part of the plugin ;)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Holzi: Try to set your properties without shadows - then all properties should be shown correctly ;)
    (as you may know there is still a skin engine bug regarding shadowed text)

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Holzi,

I don't really know the root cause of this, but in my opinion it depends on the count of properties and length of appropriate values.

Cheers, Micropolis

So this can't be related to plugins? (maybe Micropolis.MPCore.dll)
    If not then I will post a bugreport in the related subforum.
    Thanks!

catavolt: I don't use any shadows. =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom