WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (4 Viewers)

guytpetj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2005
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I can confirm this problem. Started one or two days ago. started with the same "Error while loading geoclock image" message and is not updating the weather info.
    When I went into the configuration for this plugin I got the same message about WorldWeather not detecting a valid location, even though the location provided in my configuration has been successfully in use for a long time.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Would be nice to know which weather provider you are using ;) And ofc logs ;)

*** EDIT*** Forgot to mention that I do have problems as well since two days with AccuWeather - provider does not respond. Maybe new API or something else is broken ;)

Last edited:

Remoteglen

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi guys

I have the same problem here as well:( Worldweather.png Worldweather02.png

The only thing that has changed was a windows update!

I have tried re-installing the plugin but no change.

I have MP installed on two computers and its the same story on both.

Any ideas(n)

Regards

Glen

Last edited:

homer.web

Portal Member
    December 7, 2014
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    I am having the same problem on two computers, started two days ago, different OS. W8.1 and W10TP. The plugin (regardless the Lite or Full) is not able to find any location (Berlin, Prague, Paris to name some), which easily found before, and the weather is not updating even if I provide correct Yahoo City code.

quake2rambo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I guess the reason is an api-change on forcea-weather. So we have to wait for an update of WorlfWeather. I remember the change of the origin weather-plugin of MP years ago. I think the problem is similar ...

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    I can confirm this problem. Started one or two days ago. started with the same "Error while loading geoclock image" message and is not updating the weather info.
    When I went into the configuration for this plugin I got the same message about WorldWeather not detecting a valid location, even though the location provided in my configuration has been successfully in use for a long time.

I have also this problem now (1 week ago weather apps was running fine) on 2 HTPCs (one with win 7 x64, one withwin 8.1 x64). It happens in both weather apps - standard and lite. It also happens with all weather forecast providers (not only with Foreca). I did not change anything in HTCP, no updates etc. No idea what is going wrong with weather apps:(

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi community,
    the reason for weather related issues reported in the last few days comes from provider changes (API, changed URL etc.) and has been fixed now.
    Currently I'm a little bit "angry" to publish newest fixes, because also all enhancements described in the post here should be included and I do not have any feedback or test results from any WorldWeather user about regressions or any other problems.
    Today in the evening I'll plan to start a test, but support from the community is also needed. In case I don't get any feedback until tomorrow evening, I expect all is ok and no regressions has been found.

Cheers, Micropolis

xavier

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2004
    Venice
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Dear community,
    based on the request of @xavier please find attached a test version of WorldWeather v1.6.3.
    This version adds the ability to play videos from within the weather media section.

Hi Micropolis,

I'm back, sorry for my disappearance.

And now, the debug news: your test version work fine in preview mode. Don't play the media file from MediaPortal interface.

For test purpose, I attach my small program (executable and source) that downloads a .mp4 video of italian weather forecast,

The original .mp4 video are shown with wrong aspect ratio (4:3 instead of 16:9). But after a re-encode of mp4 to xvid, the preview is ok.

From MediaPortal, no play.

Tested with Default and DefaultWide skins, with and without your DirectX support dll.

My codec pack is LAV filters 0.62.0, the DirectX version is 11 and the Operating System is 2012 Server.

If you need, I can repeat the test on a 8.1 Windows pc.

Regards,
    xavier.

Attachments

• LastMeteo.zip
      4.7 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom