WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (4 Viewers)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi @xavier,
... Don't play the media file from MediaPortal interface ...
I've tried your tool and downloaded a video called "last_meteo.mp4" locally, add it to the media section in WorldWeather and start MediaPortal itself.
After changing to the media section, I can see the video placeholder as expected and pressed the "Enter" key (on my keyboard) or the "Ok" key (on my remote). Both actions starts the video player in fullscreen mode, the key "B" is also usable to stop the playback. So from my point of view, all is working fine for the moment. Do you see any unexpected errors in your log files?

Thanks, Micropolis

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Dear community,
the official version 1.6.4 of WorldWeather has been published now and contains the following enhancements and fixes:
  • ability to define and play videos as weather media added, therefore the media preview dialog has been enhanced
  • station code support for Weather Underground added
  • longitude/latitude conversion calculator to configuration added
  • fixes for Foreca and AccuWeather API/URL changes
  • support for MediaPortal v1.10.0
Under some circumstances (e.g. missing codecs), the media preview functionality does not working correctly on your HTPC. To fix this issue, try to install a codec pack and/or copy the attached DirectX libraries into the plugin directory.

Is it possible to inlcude netatmo for getting your own infos?
I'm not an owner of such a hardware device and don't have the money to buy it for development only. To get the station info anyway, try to use the XML file functionality described in the official manual.

EDIT: Attachment deleted, there is no need anymore to install managed DirectX libraries manually.

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

xavier

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2004
    Venice
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    So from my point of view, all is working fine for the moment.

I want to change my previous post: my initial tests with the Default skin were completely wrong.

I tried again your final version 1.6.4 with the skin StreamedMP and everything works perfectly.

The buttons "space" to pause and "B" to stop the play are ok.

The weather forecast movie now is played always with the correct aspect ratio and so the .mp4 file downloaded from my utility in post #2040# does not require any conversion.

Once again congratulations for this great plugin.

Regards,
    xavier.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Unfortunately I´ve got a problem with the latest 1.6.4: Satellite images are no longer loaded :cry: Any ideas?
    *** EDIT *** In the 5 days preview of Accuweather the temperatures are missing :cry:

Error message in log:

Code:
    [2014-12-16 09:10:19,300] [Error  ] [40       ] [ERROR] - World Weather: Error creating chart ForecastTemperature. (Error Code: System.OverflowException: Überlauffehler.
       bei System.Drawing.Graphics.CheckErrorStatus(Int32 status)
       bei System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawLine(Pen pen, Single x1, Single y1, Single x2, Single y2)
       bei WorldWeather.Core.Chart.Chart.(Array )
       bei WorldWeather.Core.Chart.Chart. ()
       bei WorldWeather.Core.Chart.Chart.DrawChart()
       bei WorldWeather.Core.Chart.Chart.DrawChartToBitmap(String filename, ImageFormat format)
       bei WorldWeather.Plugin.(Array , ChartType ), Überlauffehler.)
    [2014-12-16 09:11:58,638] [Error  ] [9        ] [ERROR] - World Weather: Error creating chart ForecastTemperature. (Error Code: System.OverflowException: Überlauffehler.
       bei System.Drawing.Graphics.CheckErrorStatus(Int32 status)
       bei System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawLine(Pen pen, Single x1, Single y1, Single x2, Single y2)
       bei WorldWeather.Core.Chart.Chart.(Array )
       bei WorldWeather.Core.Chart.Chart. ()
       bei WorldWeather.Core.Chart.Chart.DrawChart()
       bei WorldWeather.Core.Chart.Chart.DrawChartToBitmap(String filename, ImageFormat format)
       bei WorldWeather.Plugin.(Array , ChartType ), Überlauffehler.)

Last edited:

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hmm, now everything is broken - I only get "Missing file" when trying to open WW, and on BasicHome only the properties are shown :cry:

10-41-47.jpg

Reverted to 1.6.2 - this works here w/o problems (well, sometimes I have to manually actualize AccuWether from menu, but it works correct then (including satellite images (all from ZDF) ;)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    unfortunately some regression bugs has been introduced with the latest version, accordingly a hotfix release 1.6.5 of WorldWeather has been published some minutes ago.
    Thanks to catavolt for his support to identify the issues and sorry for any inconveniences.

Cheers, Micropolis

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Is it possible to inlcude netatmo for getting your own infos?
    I'm not an owner of such a hardware device and don't have the money to buy it for development only. To get the station info anyway, try to use the XML file functionality described in the official manual.

Cheers, Micropolis

Hm - I understood that you don't need to have a unit to access the public data using the public api. But I will look at the xml if I can help myself.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    an updated version of WorldWeather is available at the well known places.
    In case you have installed other plugins of my plugin collection, I suggest to update the respective plugins also to prevent rare side effects or incompatibility issues.

Regards, Micropolis

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom