WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (3 Viewers)

ilfesto

Portal Member
May 10, 2010
Hi Micropolis,

I have a problem with this rain radar picture: http://www.niederschlagsradar.de/im...=&lightning=0&bliksem=0&voor=&srt=loop1stunde

It is displayed in the preview of the plugin config but not in MP.

BTW this one works: http://www.wettergefahren.de/wundk/radar/Radarfilm_WEB_DL.gif. But from this one no zoom to a region is possible.

I'm using 0.5.5

Thanks,
uxDesign
Hi,

I have the exact problem. preview is shown just fine, but nothing happens inside MP.

Anyone?

Thanks

Morten

ojessie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2008
    Innsbruck
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi Micropolis,

I have a problem with this rain radar picture: http://www.niederschlagsradar.de/im...=&lightning=0&bliksem=0&voor=&srt=loop1stunde

It is displayed in the preview of the plugin config but not in MP.

BTW this one works: http://www.wettergefahren.de/wundk/radar/Radarfilm_WEB_DL.gif. But from this one no zoom to a region is possible.

I'm using 0.5.5

Thanks,
    uxDesign
    Hi,

I have the exact problem. preview is shown just fine, but nothing happens inside MP.

Anyone?

Thanks

Morten

Hi,

the same with me. I can see all images in preview but none of them inside MP. I'm using Avalon as GUI. If anybody could point us in the right direction would be highly appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

EDIT: Found the problem: The file WorldWeatherWebsites.xml is not updating ... but I've no solution how to fix it.

Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear uxDesign, ilfesto, ojessie,
    sorry for my late reply, but at the moment I'm totally busy due to some upcoming product launches in the next few weeks.
    Today I've found a free slot to rework the weather image related display and caching routines. Please find the latest nightly build at the first post of this thread.

@uxDesign: as stated often before, WorldWeather versions prior to this nightly build does not support image location URLs, which doesn't have a valid extension (like jpg, bmp, gif, png). The new routines can detect now, if the URL is an image file, but can't detect, if it's a animated weather image. For this I don't have a solution yet, currently you can only see the last static image.

@ilfesto, ojessie: In your case it's helpful to post the non-working URL/image location, your statements cannot help me to locate or fix the issue.

@ojessie: please copy the WorldWeatherWebsites.xml into the mediaportal program data directory, by default "c:\programdata\team mediaportal\mediaportal" (Windows7).

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

ojessie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2008
    Innsbruck
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    [/quote]
    @ojessie: please copy the WorldWeatherWebsites.xml into the mediaportal program data directory, by default "c:\programdata\team mediaportal\mediaportal" (Windows7).

Cheers, Micropolis[/quote]

Hi Micropolis,

thanks for your immediate response. Unfortunately it didn't solve the problem. The WorldWeatherWebsites.xml was already in the mentioned directory. In the beginning it was my mistake I didn't read that I had to go into the export mode (wasn't even aware of it) Now I read it went into export mode added my sides and still the same. Would you recommend to do a clean installation and if so which files and where should be deleted? I manually installed your new version .. still the same problem. Attached are my wwwsites.xml as well as the sites in a txt file.

Thanks, ojessie

Attachments

• WorldWeatherWebsites.xml
      7.8 KB
    • links.txt
      469 bytes

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear ojessie,
    I've checked your links with the nightly build from this evening, from my point of view it's working now as expected. Please download th version v0.5.7 from the first post of this thread and test it. If you had the same problems again, please reinstall the whole plugin, please consult the manual to find different library/language/configuration locations.

@uxDesign: the image routines are improved again, animated images can be detected now and displayed correctly.

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

Pat Clark

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Call me blind (or stupid), but I cannot find any copy of worldweatherwebsites.xml in the .zip files on page 1 or anywhere else in this thread, except for the one attached by ojessie above. It it supposed to be generated from worldweatherimages.xls by any chance?

I have downloaded ojessie's version and will try it.

ojessie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2008
    Innsbruck
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Call me blind (or stupid), but I cannot find any copy of worldweatherwebsites.xml in the .zip files on page 1 or anywhere else in this thread, except for the one attached by ojessie above. It it supposed to be generated from worldweatherimages.xls by any chance?

It's in the folder "documents"

regards

ojessie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2008
    Innsbruck
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi Micropolis,

once again thanks for your support and sorry for bothering you again.
    I followed your instructions and the good thing is that its working in default wide perfect.
    But it doesn't work Avalon. So obviously, although otherwise stated, your plugin is not supported by Avalon, respectively not working in my set-up. What I deleted the whole Avalon folder including cache and still the same. Any idea? Or could someone guide me how to fix it or could someone send me working xml files?

Thanks and regards,

Pat Clark

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

It's in the folder "documents"

regards

It appears to be missing from all but the "nightly." But, it's found now and works.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just wondering: Why is this plugin still not in the "Populair plugin" section?

I think it should be??

Great plugin, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom