Would Like to Start Working on USBUIRT Fix: Where Do I Start (2 Viewers)

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Boston, Massachusetts USA
    Hi akke,

Are you seeing a long delay from the time you first press a key on the remote until "something" happens? Or is it the repeat speed such as when you hold the "Up" button to scroll a list that's slow?

In the case of a long initial delay, do all buttons behave the same way?

akke

Portal Member
    January 6, 2006
    Maybe it's long initial delay, for me it feels like the key must be held down a bit to long before the action response. But a fast keypress will not register at all, so I was thinking there was a setting for adjusting the shortest accepted keypress.

Added: I'm using the orginal xbox remote.

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    I just tested the latest CVS and it seems to work great. When I hit exit I still have my small video screen.. and I can hit stop anywhere it it closes the video... Great work Steve!

Thanks again!

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    akke,

How long would you estimate you have to press the remote button before you see an action (.5 seconds, 1 second, 2 seconds, more)? Also, what kind of remote are you using? And lastly, does this delay happen will all remote buttons on only specific ones?

ASiDiE,

Great news--glad it's working.

akke

Portal Member
    January 6, 2006
    SteveV said:
    akke,

How long would you estimate you have to press the remote button before you see an action (.5 seconds, 1 second, 2 seconds, more)? Also, what kind of remote are you using? And lastly, does this delay happen will all remote buttons on only specific ones?

Steve,

About .5 sec i think, same on all buttons. The USB-UIRT diode flash on the fast keypress that MP don't pick up. The remote is a microsoft for xbox 1.

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    akke said:
    Steve,

About .5 sec i think, same on all buttons. The USB-UIRT diode flash on the fast keypress that MP don't pick up. The remote is a microsoft for xbox 1.

Maybe some other users can chime in but .5 secs sounds pretty normal to me. I would imagine the USBUIRT samples some number of IR code repeats before it decides it has a good code. The MP plugin does a very quick look up so I doubt the lag is related to the plugin.

The plugin *does* however, have an anti-repeat time of 300ms. IR signals that are spaced less than 300ms apart are ignored. It's doubtful that this is causing an issue as the first keypress shouldn't be affected by this delay. Unless, that is, the problem you're seeing is when you press and hold a key. In which case, yes, the response is purposefully slowed down.

Steve

cedriclocqueneux

Portal Pro
    March 14, 2005
    Chalons en Champagne (France)
    Hello Steve !

I have a problem with a clean install and the last CVS 02-17-2006-16-24: i want to control my settopbox. I learn commands, and when i test, all is ok. But when i'm in MyTV, the Usbuirt don't blink, and i can't change channel.
    What can be the problem ? With CVS of 15 January, i didn't have the problem.

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    cedriclocqueneux said:
    Hello Steve !

I have a problem with a clean install and the last CVS 02-17-2006-16-24: i want to control my settopbox. I learn commands, and when i test, all is ok. But when i'm in MyTV, the Usbuirt don't blink, and i can't change channel.
    What can be the problem ? With CVS of 15 January, i didn't have the problem.

What does the mp log look like after a My TV channel change? It should look something like this:

Code:
    2/18/2006 8:06:22 AM USBUIRT: NewChannel=123 LastChannel=301
    2/18/2006 8:06:22 AM USBUIRT: send:1
    2/18/2006 8:06:22 AM USBUIRT: send:2
    2/18/2006 8:06:22 AM USBUIRT: send:3
    2/18/2006 8:06:23 AM USBUIRT: send enter

lcddream

July 5, 2006
    any plans for adding support for the zoning feature of usbuirt, to tune 2 separate settopboxes?

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    lcddream said:
    any plans for adding support for the zoning feature of usbuirt, to tune 2 separate settopboxes?

Adding second zone support would be pretty easy. But how would MP determine which zone to use when switching stb channels?

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom