Would Like to Start Working on USBUIRT Fix: Where Do I Start (1 Viewer)

lcddream

July 5, 2006
if i remember correctly there is a file created when you enter codes for your set top box remote. this file has the remote codes for 0 thru 9 and enter.

there would need to be a separate file defined for each set top box.

then the end user would go into the file and prefix each remote code with z1 z2 or z3 depending on which zone is controlled.

each tuner of course would also be associated with a particular set top box remote file

off hand i know meedio and gbpvr support this type of configuration.

there is also an explanation here at the usbuirt forum as to how this works.

http://65.36.202.170/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=266&highlight=zones&sid=1c012c45f25ef311c24a4b1270de18cd

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Boston, Massachusetts USA
    Sorry, should have been more specific. What I meant is that MP does not currently have a way to assocate an stb to a specific tuner. So while adding this support to the usbuirt plugin would be fairly easy, the design changes to allow MP to support this would be fairly extensive.

Steve

lcddream

July 5, 2006
    damn :(

alright well thanks for taking the time to explain.

i'm suprised more people aren't asking for this feature. i guess a majority of people using mp aren't multiple set top box folk.

thanks again.

-Chris

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello,
    I use a irtrans IR integrated to X15E with A/V remote for controling MP.
    I use also USB-UIRT for controlling a freebox and all works fine, great :)
    As I have 4 tuners in my HTPC, I'm also interested by the possibility of controlling other boxes (VCR, for example).
    You explained controlling two or more box is expensive because MP has no way to associate differents comands in the multi-record engine, right ? OK, I can understand that. ;)
    But, I have another feature request :
    I have configured HTPC audio out in AC3 5.1 channels with ffdshow (transformed in 7.1 by A/V amplifier) .
    Is there a possibility that MP send differents commands (events) to USB-UIRT when going in my music, my DVD, my TV, etc.. ?
    So, in addition to control freebox, USB-UIRT could send other commands to A/V amplifier (ie, switching amplifier to THX when going to my DVD, switching to all stereo when going to my music, and so on...).
    Is it possible to do that or not ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom