[fixed] Wrong dialog when manual record stopping [Jira MP1-3401] (1 Viewer)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Moved thread to 1.7.0 Pre Release, since we need people to confirm the following:

Start a recording using the 'Record Now' button on TV Home. Choose either 'Record Current Programme' or 'Until Manual Stop'.

Wait a couple of minutes. Then go to recorded TV and delete the in progress recording. Do you get a warning that you are about to delete a recording that is running?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I will try, i don't use EPG until recently lol, so when i record and stop, i didn't message to delete recording (form memory) but i will try on EPG :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Moved thread to 1.7.0 Pre Release, since we need people to confirm the following:

Start a recording using the 'Record Now' button on TV Home. Choose either 'Record Current Programme' or 'Until Manual Stop'.

Wait a couple of minutes. Then go to recorded TV and delete the in progress recording. Do you get a warning that you are about to delete a recording that is running?

I get a warning to delete recording (the same message as when i stop a progress recording) and if i accept the record stop and the files is deleted.
    If i start recording and stop it (i have the delete message like above) only record is stopped and .ts stay in recorded TV.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country

I get a warning to delete recording (the same message as when i stop a progress recording) and if i accept the record stop and the files is deleted.
    If i start recording and stop it (i have the delete message like above) only record is stopped and .ts stay in recorded TV.

That is with this branch included?

Strange, because you say you get a warning to delete recording, same as when you stop a recording in progress, but now when you stop a recording in progress you should get a warning to stop, not to delete.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Nope, i tested current master :) i tought you want confirmation on master lol

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Tested the branch, i didn't get a warning and get an error about can't delete the files.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Looking at the second commit, it makes two changes

https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1/commit/938935ad65e867c1997667d84477c906fc9cce84

The first is to do the same for manual and non-manual recordings.

The second seems to be to remove the 'delete' behaviour.

I suspect if we put this back, but remove the check for IsManual, we will be okay.

Edit: maybe not. Looking at the logic, what @regeszter has done is okay.

I will do full testing with current master, and then if we can be sure this branch causes regression, we can debug it.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I am lost. Can you give me the steps and the accepted (good) behaviour.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    I am lost. Can you give me the steps and the accepted (good) behaviour.

Everything is fine for cancelling a recording with 'stop record' and 'active recordings'.

BUT

when you try to delete the recording from recorded TV, you don't get a warning if it is a recording set with 'record now'. Need to check whether this depends on whether it is 'until manual stop' or 'current program'.

Also, I am not sure whether your branch is the cause of this, or whether it happens with current master.

Let me do the testing and I will report back in a little while.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Okay, with 1.7.0 Pre Release, if I set a recording using 'record now' and do either 'current program', or 'until manual stop', and then I go to recorded TV and select the recording and delete it, I get the warning that I am about to delete a running recording.

When I try my test build, including the 3401 fix, if I try both types of manual recording, I get the following:

Current program -> no delete confirmation dialog.

Until manual stop -> correctly warns that I am about to delete a recording that is in progress.

So, I don't have anything else in my build that could cause this, so I suspect there is this one regression caused by this fix, but everything else is fine. In fact, everything else is perfect!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom