Wrong language (1 Viewer)

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Hey, I am running 3.5.1.2032 and suddenly on one of my clients the language of the gui is switched to english, although german is configured in online data->language.
    I also already deleted and updated DB, but still same problem. Any hints for me?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Depends what you mean, do you mean all the meta data for shows and episodes are in english or do you mean the GUI components like buttons and labels?

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Thanks @ltfearme for looking into this. Its buttons and labels. The date for the shows is correct in german. What log(s) do you need to check this? Is this in Mediaportal.log?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    It sounds like your MediaPortal language is not set to 'German'. If you still have problems, then check it's not skin related.

And the answer to the logs question is all logs of course ;) There is a convenient tool to generate that for you as part of the MediaPortal package installation.

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Thanks for your answer. Here are the research results:
    - MP is set to German (everything else is german too)
    - TVSeries is set to German
    - GUI is (partly) english. Context menu too. See screenshot (same error on default skin):

upload_2013-12-10_15-44-33.png

Full logs attached now (I did one startup of MP and entered TVSeries). Hope you find something.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Simple solution, re-install the tvseries package. For some reason your languages have been wiped out:

Code:
    Cannot find translation file C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Language\MP-TVSeries\de.xml. Falling back to English

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom