Wrong movie cover art shown in WebMediaPortal and aMPdroid (1 Viewer)

Lum

Portal Member
November 17, 2008
South Wales
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I've just set up a new install of Mediaportal 1.3 with the Moving Pictures plugin, TV series plugin, MPExtended and WebMediaPortal.

The TV stuff works fine, but when browsing movies, either through the web interface or from aMPdroid, the wrong cover art is shown, even though the correct cover art is shown in MediaPortal itself.

There doesn't seem to be any pattern to the errors, e.g. Aladdin gets the correct cover, Avatar is now Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, John Carter is correct, but RED also has the cover from John Carter.

I've not been able to find much via google or searching these forums, but it's certainly a weird one. Anyone got any ideas?

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I've just set up a new install of Mediaportal 1.3 with the Moving Pictures plugin, TV series plugin, MPExtended and WebMediaPortal.

The TV stuff works fine, but when browsing movies, either through the web interface or from aMPdroid, the wrong cover art is shown, even though the correct cover art is shown in MediaPortal itself.

There doesn't seem to be any pattern to the errors, e.g. Aladdin gets the correct cover, Avatar is now Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, John Carter is correct, but RED also has the cover from John Carter.

I've not been able to find much via google or searching these forums, but it's certainly a weird one. Anyone got any ideas?
    Try to delete the cached thumbs, probably still there from an old install... Configurator -> troubleshooting tab (I think)

Lum

Portal Member
    November 17, 2008
    South Wales
    Home Country
    That hasn't worked.

It got an access denied error trying to delete the cache, so I manually deleted c:\programdata\mpextended\cache\*.*, restarted the service and it's repopulated it with the same incorrect images.

Also there is no old install. This is a freshly wiped and re-installed system. I've actually been away from the whole HTPC thing for a couple of years.

Last edited:

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Have you configured MyVideos or MovingPictures as movie source in WebMP?

Lum

Portal Member
    November 17, 2008
    South Wales
    Home Country
    Movie Database source is set to MovingPictures.

Also, I've just added a new movie, Macross Frontier: The False Songstress, and it got the cover art for Scott Pilgrim.
    Again the cover art is correct in the Movie Manager and within Media Portal itself.

How can I just wipe the databases/cache/etc. for both MpExtended and Moving Pictures and start again? That's probably easiest.

Last edited:

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    If you are using ampdroid, don't forget to clean the local cache too (in the settings)...

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Any chance you changed the prefered artwork in MovingPictures (i.e. you didn't use the default picture)? MPExtended still has problems with that.

In any case, it's probably a bug in MPExtended and rebuilding your database won't help. If you can upload your MovingPictures database and MPExtended log files somewhere (send me the link in private if you want), I might be able to fix it.

Lum

Portal Member
    November 17, 2008
    South Wales
    Home Country
    PM sent, and I'm getting the bug in both ampdroid and webmediaportal so I doubt it's the ampdroid cache.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hmm, I can't reproduce the problem. MPExtended gets the correct thumbnail path out of the database for me. There's also nothing strange in your logs. Can you verify that the source images in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\MovingPictures are correct?

Lum

Portal Member
    November 17, 2008
    South Wales
    Home Country
    Well, I feel stupid now. It looks like caching was the issue. Problem is the only way to get Firefox to refresh the cover posters, is to right click, view image, then shift+refresh the image. A shift+refresh on the page didn't work for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom