WTV files (1 Viewer)

garay

May 5, 2020
Home Country
Australia Australia
I've just installed MP2 on a spare WIN10 PC to test as a replacement for WMC. I've put 3 mp4 movies and 8 wtv recorded TV files on a local HDD. Live TV working OK with dual tuner, EPG OK, Movies play OK, but only 5 of the 8 wtv files show in MP, the ones that show play OK, program description showing, but fast forward doesn't work, essential for skipping commercials. Had a browse through forum but couldn't find anything to help.

garay

May 5, 2020
Home Country
Australia Australia
Update: Of the 8 wtv files, if I go to home screen there are now only 3 showing under recordings, but if i got to TV/Recordings, all 8 are there. There were definitely only 4 previously. Also, when playing recorded TV I realised that the the fast forward and back buttons don't work work either. It then occured to me that the skip forward button is not there at all. While trying to get the FF/FB buttons to show some response, the skip forward button appeared briefly. Also the words 15 seconds flashed briefly on the screen.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    It may be worthwhile checking the button definitions for your remote control. Don't assume that MP2's button definitions are the same as WMC's button definitions. I think that there is a menu and dialogue somewhere that allows you to customise the button definitions in MP2. (I use MP1, so I cannot be more specific on how to do this in MP2.)

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

garay

May 5, 2020
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks CiberSimian, tried MC remote this morning and got skip to work. I was just using mouse and OSD of MP previously. There is a problem with MP OSD when playing WTV files, only pause, play and stop work, and skip button is not showing, not a problem when using remote. Tried OSD with mouse when playing movie files, all OK. So far so good. Not sure why only 5 out of 8 WTV files show in home screen/recordings, still not a problem as WTV files will be accessed through TV/Recordings.

garay

May 5, 2020
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Maybe, I'll have to add more movie files and see if they stop displaying at the same number, it sorta makes sense when you think about it. Why would you display all movie/tv files in the home screen when you have a dedicated screen for movies/tv/pictures etc. I noticed though you can play the displayed files from the home screen.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Why would you display all movie/tv files in the home screen when you have a dedicated screen for movies/tv/pictures etc. I noticed though you can play the displayed files from the home screen.
    I dont know :) i dont use MP2, i use MP1 :)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Maybe this item displays only the last N items?
    Indeed. The home screen displays the last five items of each category, or less if there aren't that many.

Why would you display all movie/tv files in the home screen when you have a dedicated screen for movies/tv/pictures etc. I noticed though you can play the displayed files from the home screen.
    The purpose of this screen is to allow fast and easy access to the most recent elements of each category.

I dont know :) i dont use MP2, i use MP1
    And last not least - don't take it as an offense please - what's the point in replying in MP2 threads if you don't know MP2?

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    And last not least - don't take it as an offense please - what's the point in replying in MP2 threads if you don't know MP2?
    Maybe I don’t know MP2, but the approach in all media centers is similar, this applies to MP1, Kodi, MP2 etc. The home/main screen most often displays the latest, new, etc. elements and they are limited in quantity. And as it turned out, not knowing MP2, I gave the correct answer.
    But since you are opposed, I will no longer give answers in topics relating to MP2. Sorry. :coffee:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom