X-Factor Skin (Released) for president!! Or for hot skins! (1 Viewer)

X-factor in Hot skins

• Yes!!

Votes: 42 91.3%
  • No, why?

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • don't care

Votes: 3 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    when is a skin complete? it's compatible with many modules/plug ins. and it's downlaoded a lot.
    and what's a lot?

From memory example, Aeon Wide was hitting about 500 downloads per week peak when it became a hot skin, and that was without the updates on forum or getting from svn, Xface has had 163558 downloads :eek: and is the top Hot skin.

Skins are monitored for all the above criteria's, when reached for a period of time, then the skin is promoted.

I'm sure cul8er will make it :)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    From memory example, Aeon Wide was hitting about 500 downloads per week peak when it became a hot skin, and that was without the updates on forum or getting from svn, Xface has had 163558 downloads :eek: and is the top Hot skin.

Maybe if someone wrote an article on this skin and put it up on the Main page, the downloads could be compared with those of Xface. :rolleyes:

Emph

Harley

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Maybe if someone wrote an article on this skin and put it up on the Main page, the downloads could be compared with those of Xface. :rolleyes:

Emph

..after sharing the skin on homepage, it have become lot of downloads (5000) you right.
    But after that he has become now nearly 164.000 Downloads. So i think the 159.000 Downloads more have nothing todo with Homepage anouncement.
    It´s more in the way that users like it ( i hope) and that the skin is for long time there for download. ;)

But back to the topic, i think that Xfactor skin will also become Hotskin, because it is a very nice skin. Give it some time.

Some Words because the hotskin section, i think it was not the best idea to add this section there (Hotskins / greyyards).
    With the normal skinsection in forum it was a good thing, because if a skin was active it was automaticly seen on first places on first page there. If a skin was not active it was going self outside the first page. So all was doing for self there. No need for judges or else.
    We ( main skinners) have vote against that changes in skinforum, by the day the changes was going in, but noone of the mods has revert it. The reason for the "no" vote by us skinners was exactly the problems we have now.

First solution would be to get rid of that hotskinsection and rewert all to normal skinsection.

Second solution will be, if it is not possible to revert the changes, because of the thread tree ´s, we can rename the section to uptodate Skins or anything else, so we can add there all skins that uptodate with current MP Version. The skins that are not uptodate are in the greyyard section.

I would prefer the first solution, because all is working self without need to do anything there. But i don´t know if it is possible, because the threads tree´s.

Greetings Harley :)

explodedk

Portal Pro
    December 27, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    i like the hotskins section of one single reasons... every skin has its own skin, so that there can be a thread for bug fixes, one for mods, one for other stuff etc... as xfactor is atm it is many pages long, and if you haven't read all replies you get lost in translation :D

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    i like the hotskins section of one single reasons... every skin has its own "forum", so that there can be a thread for bug fixes, one for mods, one for other stuff etc... as xfactor is atm it is many pages long, and if you haven't read all replies you get lost in translation :D

Fixed. :D And also, I couldn't agree more. I have some modifications that I'd like to share, but I don't want to clutter the main thread thus giving cul8er a hard time with his EXCELLENT bugfixing efforts.

Emph

Harley

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ..yes, you right that a big + point of the section. So let it´s call only with a other name, not "Hot skins".

Harley

happy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2009
    Explorer :D
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    popular sounds good to me, its subtle and allows users to see what the "popular" skins are

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi all,

I wanted to stay out of this debate, but I really like Harleys idea (as allways). When we try to attract new users to MediaPortal it is really important how the GUI looks and this is where the skin is important. Many competitors to MP have the release of skins as first page news to attract new users and to inform existing users of updates/new releases. This is perhaps a little to much but if we can have a section where all skin can have its own area for news/bug reports/mods... this would be so great. For community skins feedback, bug reports and mods are so vital driving us and our skins forward. So if possible try to avoid things like HOT, MOST DOWNLOADED, POPULAR or anythine else that limits what skins can be added to the section.

best regards
    cul8er

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom