X10 remote (mapping question) (1 Viewer)

NLS

Portal Pro
April 26, 2006
Home Country
Greece Greece
I have attached my report, hopping it can help mPod (or anybody) make things right with this remote.

I include a numbered picture of the remote, some log clips (merged in a single file) and a text file describing what is what (or should be) - use the log clips to cross-reference what I write.

Please let me know if this helps in anything.

http://www.ilogic.gr/various/MARMITEK.zip

NLS

Portal Pro
April 26, 2006
Home Country
Greece Greece
I could try rewriting the XML if I knew how.

How do I find that "code" that goes after a button?
Or just changing "button name" could help? (I dount that)

thomas.wiktor

Portal Pro
October 30, 2005
ATI x10 Remote

Hi

I have a problem vith my ATI x10 remote.
All the mapping works nice but some buttons allready have som ather funktions.

• For exampel:
    DVD-button makes "windows media player" start
    WEB-button makes "internet explorer" start

Is there any way that I can turn thoes funktions of and just make those buttons work with the mapping I have done in mp-setup?[/code][/list]

marshall

Portal Pro
February 10, 2006
Portland, OR
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Would you mind providing a list of buttons of your remote, along with X10 commands that it sends (plus a good picture, if possible)? I'd love to get such. Then we'd have out of the box support in MP for it and everyone can use it without having to adjust anything. Please do so. :roll: (I'm also keen on this for the FireFly remotes...)

Did you ever get this for the large FireFly? I'm working on a "more complete" mapping for it that could be included, or let me know what you still need. Having more out-of-box remote support would be good.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    thomas.wiktor:
    My tip: Uninstall all software that came with the remote and use the one that you is recommended in MP setup.

mPod

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2005
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    thomas.wiktor:
    My tip: Uninstall all software that came with the remote and use the one that you is recommended in MP setup.
    See the date of the post... :D

Concerning mappings, I'll get back to you, we're planning to work on the remote parts anyway. X10 mappings got a bit out of my focus lately, sorry for that.

diehard2

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Home Country
    Hi,

I'm working on this part of the code as we speak. Its probably going to be another couple of weeks before I finish it up. If you have a firefly, native support has been added for that in the svn.

diehard2

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Home Country
    Hi, I have an app around here somewhere that will give you the code. Its a bit more efficient than the mediaportal logs. PM me your email and I will send it to you.

~Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom