xbmc (Frodo) with pvr functions (2 Viewers)

matejdro

Portal Pro
May 28, 2010
Home Country
Slovenia Slovenia
Is it possible to enable timeshifting with multi seat?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Is it possible to enable timeshifting with multi seat?
    If the used Tv Backend supports Timeshift then it's usable in XBMC. E.g. if you use MediaPortal TV Server, MythTV or Argus TV (formerly known as 4theRecord) than you have Timeshift. With e.g. TVHeadend you did not (now) have Timeshift...

matejdro

Portal Pro
    May 28, 2010
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    I'm using mediaportal backend, but apparently it does not support timeshifting in multi seat mode (when XBMC is on different PC than TV Server).

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    This is simply impossible as you can't use MP TV Server without timeshifting. Maybe you've got problems with Streaming support or firewall or something like that.

Sadly the MediaPortal support is most buggy thing in Frodo Beta1. I had hard times to get it working at all. But as I finally had it working I had timeshift instantly. If you use XBMC as Main- Client I would recommend using ArgusTV (if on Windows). The implementation of ArgusTV is a lot less buggy than recent MP implementation.

For me, I won't change. If I ever change my TV Server I change OS too (to Linux) so I need something completely different then.

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Works fine here across home wifi network, not as smooth and quick as MP clients. Mousewheel is the only rudimentry way to move through the timeshift buffer (although from buffer start only each time) with the XBMC clients as the normal video playback arrow keys are mapped to change channels with PVR plugin.
    Pause and fwd/rwd work fine.

Using the latest 12.0 beta2 with ATI CATS 12.11 b11 (fixes missing rendered text in XBMC)

Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    With Beta2 now I have the Problem too. But it's not timshift is disabed (as I say before it's impossible) but the timeshift- file is not accessible by tsreader. This is an annoying bug in MP PVR Addon. To get TV working you need to use ffmpeg instead of tsreader on Multiseat. Then Pause and other buttons are greyed out...
    PVR Support, especially MP related is really "Beta" in Frodo right now...

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Still no problems here. Standard MP XBMC plugin in both.
    XBMC clients.JPG

Have two clients connected via wifi to MP1.3 server streaming two differnet streams to XBMC 12.0b2 and XBMC 11.0 eden; tsreader set in both. BOTH these clients can pause rwd/fwd via gui or mouse/mouse wheel (absolute +skip from start of buffer)

matejdro

Portal Pro
    May 28, 2010
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    How can you use TSReader over wifi? Isn't whole point of TSReader that it reads timeshift files directly from server folder?

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    How can you use TSReader over wifi? Isn't whole point of TSReader that it reads timeshift files directly from server folder?

The XBMC MP plugins handle all this.

The server records/timeshifts localy and then the clients read these files over the network, the same as MPclients do.

Those having problems, could it be firewall problems?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom