xml egp from SD not loading programs, only channels (1 Viewer)

Reggie Burnett

October 23, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have a setup with Ceton card (4 tuners). Have 528 channels from the scan. Pulled own data from my schedules direct account and tried to improt it. It said it imported 491 channels but zero programs. Why is this? Is it not matching my channel names correctly?\
I have tuning channel names like WKRN 0002 WKRN SD $$$$

How to get this to map automatically?

Reggie Burnett

October 23, 2015
Home Country
The channel id in my tvguide.xml looks like this: I1107.64549.schedulesdirect.org that would match channel 1107 on my tuner. You see the I1107 at the start of that.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Reggie, the XMLTV plugin does not map based on the IDs. It attempts to match based on the names only.

Reggie Burnett

October 23, 2015
    Home Country
    Here is an example channel for my channel 4

<channel id="I4.11847.schedulesdirect.org">
    <display-name>WSMV</display-name>
    <display-name>4 WSMV</display-name>
    <display-name>4</display-name>
    <display-name>4 WSMV fcc</display-name>
    <display-name>NBC Affiliate</display-name>
    </channel>

Should that "auto map" to a tuner channel that has the name WSMV 0004 WSMV SD $$$$[DOUBLEPOST=1446069455][/DOUBLEPOST]Also any experience with schedules direct? I seem to be getting all my listings in -7 timezone when they should be -5. Do I have to use the time offset function in xmltv plugin?[DOUBLEPOST=1446070257][/DOUBLEPOST]nevermind about the tz issues wiht EPG. Found that problem. now if I can just get the xml tv plugin to automap my channels I'd be in business :)

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Should that "auto map" to a tuner channel that has the name WSMV 0004 WSMV SD $$$$
    Reggie, please just use the mappings tab as previously directed.

The XMLTV plugin does not "auto-map" everything for you without interaction. You must use the mappings tab to configure and save mappings. Within the mappings tab, the XMLTV plugin will attempt to match tuner channels with the closest match guide channel based on the channel names when you select a channel group and click "load". You can tick "partial match" to enable looser matching.

Also any experience with schedules direct? I seem to be getting all my listings in -7 timezone when they should be -5. Do I have to use the time offset function in xmltv plugin?
    Are you pulling the SchedulesDirect data using mc2xml?
    If yes, the times should all be correct (assuming you have configured Windows with the correct time zone details).
    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/944-time-zone-change.html

Reggie Burnett

October 23, 2015
    Home Country
    I'm sorry if I'm being difficult. Your guide online clearly indicates that the mapping _should_ happen automatically for most channels. The fact that it can't seem to match a tuner channel with WSMV in the name with a giude channel that _also_ has WSMV as one of it's display names makes me think I'm doing something wrong. Going through 528 chanels and manually mapping them one by one is _very_ time consuming and something I'd like to avoid if possible. I keep hoping there is a different mc2xml option that will generate the data in a way that the xml tv plugin likes and can map.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Your guide online clearly indicates that the mapping _should_ happen automatically for most channels.
    To be clear, I didn't write the guide. That statement is correct if (and only if!) the tuner channel names _closely_ match the guide channel names.

The fact that it can't seem to match a tuner channel with WSMV in the name with a giude channel that _also_ has WSMV as one of it's display names makes me think I'm doing something wrong.
    What exactly are you doing?
    ...and have you ticked "partial match"?

Going through 528 chanels and manually mapping them one by one is _very_ time consuming and something I'd like to avoid if possible.
    Yes, I understand.

I keep hoping there is a different mc2xml option that will generate the data in a way that the xml tv plugin likes and can map.
    There's no such option. Unfortunately the mismatch between broadcast (tuner) channel names/callsigns and guide channel names/details is a common issue. For now there's no solution.

Reggie Burnett

October 23, 2015
    Home Country
    I wrote some sql to "massage" the tuner name and got many of them mapped. Enough to move on. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom