XML Error on Series Import - Teen Titans (1 Viewer)

Evadman

January 24, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hiya everyone. Been playing with MP for a few days now, and ran across an issue that a few other peeps reported. I am importing my Series' and hit a snag. I was importing series' one at a time so that I could playa round with the system. At some point after I had imported about 20 series' the program stopped downloading banners.

I did a bunch (a few hours) of research and found that others were having the same issue, and that the issue seemed to be around the XML file. I tossed the file into jedit and figured out that there were 2 root elements, which isn't allowed obviously. I turned the log mode to debug, and sure enough, the duplicate root element was listed in the error log.

I did some more research, and found that the newest test version did not have that XML issue. So I updated to the newest version, and the problem went away, except for 1 title, which was Teen Titans. The other 80 or so series' loaded just fine.

While I was researching, I swear I saw some threads about this actually being a thedvdb issue, and that a notification should be posted. Unfortunately, I lost the thread where that notice was, and my google/search skills apparently stink today. So I'm posting it here in the hopes that this is the right place. If it isn't, please point me in the right direction.

Thanks folks.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi Evadman, the only thing that the latest SVN does compared to the old version with respect to the XML handling is that is doesnt stop importing data into the database if it encounters badly formatting XML.

It also logs an error in the log as well which you have obviously noticed.

There is a few posts with respect to this problem at Online TV Database - An open directory of television shows for HTPC software

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom