XML thetvdb.com parsing error for Farscape (1 Viewer)

murkyl

Portal Member
February 16, 2009
I've noticed that the 2.1.3331 release is not parsing the XML correctly for Farscape.

I'm including a screen shot of the series listing in the tree view. I am also including the XML that is returned by thetvdb.com. I've gone over the XML by hand for this particular series and the information in the XML is correct. MPtvseries is just interpreting it incorrectly.

There should be 1 special called Farscape: Undressed and 2 episodes in season 5 for the Peacekeeper Wars.

Instead, the second part of the Peacekeeper Wars is being interpreted as the special episode.

I haven't attached any logs. If someone can tell me which logs to upload and what debug level I would be happy to assist.

Thanks,

Andy

Attachments

• Farscape.png
    Farscape.png
    5.2 KB
  • 70522.zip
    30.6 KB

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    What does your parsing test say for Season and Episode for files in question?

pgjensen

Portal Pro
    May 1, 2008
    all of my series are importing now (30000 eps) and are downloading episode thumbs, so i'll let you know if it does it for me too, since i have Farscape and the specials.

murkyl

Portal Member
    February 16, 2009
    Damien,

Could you be a little more specific about what you mean the parsing test? Is there a log that I can generate to help figure this out?

I just start the import process and the screen shot above is what I get when I have all the episodes except the Farscape special itself. So I do not have a file named "Farscape - S00E01 - Farscape Undressed". I do have the two specials and the file is named: "Farscape - S05E01-02 - Peacekeeper Wars.ISO"

The funny thing is that I remember this importing correctly before. But either due to the upgrade or something else the series started only getting the first episode correctly.

When I go into the actual UI and look at the series, it only shows part 1 in the listing as well.

mcbelly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 29, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    A not so unknown error considering file types: Have you tried entering .ISO (in capitals!) in MP's file type list ?

mcbelly

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    The parsing test is located in the configuration window where you set your import paths. Check here to see if TVSeries parses your files correctly by looking at the columns for Season ID and Episode ID.

Does it get the EpisodeIndex2 correct for season 5?

Also are you choosing Aired or DVD order, perhaps DVD order is not correct online.

Here is my result with a test file: Farscape - S05E01-02 - Peacekeeper Wars.avi (I used Aired Order)

I suspect you used DVDOrder, I checked online and episode 5x02 doesnt have DVD information.

You should also know that there is some problems with DVD Order that still need to be resolved, so fixing online may or may not fix your problem.

Attachments

• farscape.jpg
      farscape.jpg
      15.8 KB

murkyl

Portal Member
    February 16, 2009
    So for the import path parsing test this is the entry I get:

Filename: Farscape - S05E01-02 - The Peacekeeper Wars.ISO
    Parsed Series name: farscape
    Season ID: 05
    Episode ID: 01
    Episode Title: the peacekeeper wars
    ext: iso
    Removable: 0
    EpisodeIndex2: 02

I have other multi-episode ISO files and they parse fine.

I don't remember if I set it for aired or dvd order. Let me save the DB and try and re-import using aired and see what happens.

Ok. I must have select DVD order for Farscape. When I re-imported everything again using Aired order it comes out correctly. I'm going to have to go through and manually check all the file name sto make sure they match up with what are on the DVDs. Which I know are not the same as the aired order. At least I can soft link them!

I did check thetvdb.com ordering for the Farscape DVD ordering and it is not quite correct. They do show the second part of the Peacekeeper wars as season 5 episode 2, but their display shows it as a special. Not sure what's going on there. I'll try and file a bug report with thetvdb.com later in the evening.

Thank you to everyone who helped out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom