XMLTV and MP 1.0.1 (1 Viewer)

Griffo

Portal Member
April 13, 2009
Hi,
Is anyone else having problems with XMLTV import going askew in MP 1.0.1?
I use a commercial XMLTV provider (IceTV) and all was working well in 1.0.0.

Since the upgrade, the guide data is all askew, the times of the shows all appear to be out of whack. However playing with the "Time Compensation" setting appears to have no effect.

I have re-set up xmltv from scratch, checked all the channel mappings etc, however the problem re-occurs every time.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Attachments

• guidedata.xml
    30.6 KB

eeknz

Portal Member
February 19, 2009
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I have similar issues. The day after the upgrade, EPG was 12 hours out. I flushed the cache and re-ran the update and did a force update from the TV Server. All I get now is the default data not available message.
This is with XMLTVNZ V3 RC3.

sebimuxx

Portal Pro
May 24, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
How to fix time correction

I had the same issues with xmltv after upgrade to 1.0.1, there was a time shift of 4h. I played around with the time zone compensation in xmltv config, it has an effect! However, you MUST first change the time correction, close tvserver config, then open again, and then reimport the xml-file. If you change the time correction and press the "force import" button immediately the changed time correction is ignored.

I had to change the setting from -2h to +2h. No idea whether this is just a change of the sign, of a shift of 4h (which should be a strange effect).

Hope that helps.

vvulture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2006
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi,
    Is anyone else having problems with XMLTV import going askew in MP 1.0.1?
    I use a commercial XMLTV provider (IceTV) and all was working well in 1.0.0.

Since the upgrade, the guide data is all askew, the times of the shows all appear to be out of whack. However playing with the "Time Compensation" setting appears to have no effect.

I have re-set up xmltv from scratch, checked all the channel mappings etc, however the problem re-occurs every time.

Any ideas?

Thanks

I use Ice Tv as well and from what i can tell the problem is caused by the XML file supplied by ICETV .

Open the file and you will see that the times are out even before it is touched by the XMLTV plugin .

Im going to ring ICETV later today to find out whats going on .

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    I use epgstream as well and my epg is empty; even the station /channel names are missing except for the top line which as "SBS". Very strange. Will try mucking around but hopefully someone will find the answer here shortly.

dir

vvulture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2006
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Ok.

Spoke to ICETV tech support and they assured me that the problem is with MP.. They have received no reports from other members regarding this issue.

Now, how do we fix this ? Can we replace XmlTvImport.dll from 1.0.0 ?

EDIT: Never mind... i just apply a time offset in XMLTV plugin and it works fine...

Griffo

Portal Member
    April 13, 2009
    I'm seeing some other weirdness now.

I'm currently using the DVB EPG only. I've just got home... and it's all screwed up. I've just forced a refresh to get the guide data again, but with the xmltv plugin disabled, it managed to screw up the guide data again.

Strange.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom