XMLTV Australia Guide (1 Viewer)

xclocked

Portal Pro
August 8, 2005
Sydney, Australia
Is there any guides out there on how to get XMLTV in Australia working. I know i've asked on other threads, I'm sorry about that. But i just heard that BRP came out and it can work on MP. If anyone knows how to do this in Australia, can you please create a guide or help me out on how to do this?

Thanks, xclocked.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    PM me your email address and I'll send you the app that I use. It's slow, but it supports descriptions and Genres. Speed doesn't really matter that much if you run it in the background, anyway.

Otherwise, WebEPG is very easy to configure but I haven't been able to get descriptions and genres to work with it.

J

jjdynamite

There is probably better ones but I have used tvxb.
    Go to http://www.tvxb.com/ and download this tool (html screen scrapping) to create an xmltv for your capital city in australia. They have sample configuration files for both Sydney and Adelaide but are easy to change to work for you capital city (I changed one of these files to Perth).

Hope that helps.

JJDynamite.

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Bladerunner pro seems by far the best now for grabbing. Can do 7 days with full description data in under a minute. File produced isnt 100% compatible but tvxb can be used to clean it up. (this grabber and tvxb use both ninemsn, but tvxb does take up to half an hour to do the same thing).

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Callifo, can you link to BladeRunner Pro?

I've Googled and found some mention of it on the XPMediaCentre site but no actual download page...

NormM

August 21, 2005
    Callifo said:
    Bladerunner pro seems by far the best now for grabbing. Can do 7 days with full description data in under a minute. File produced isnt 100% compatible but tvxb can be used to clean it up. (this grabber and tvxb use both ninemsn, but tvxb does take up to half an hour to do the same thing).
    How do you use tvxb to clean up the Bladerunner output?
    I've had a go, Bladerunner grabs the info, but I'm not sure how to get it into the format for tvguide.xml.

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Well....necessity really is the mother or invention !

Here's another great EPG grabber...by James.

WebEPG

It works by parsing tvguides layed out in html format, much like other tv guide grabbers work.

This program is a stand-alone app at the moment...however it is being written in C# and will be implimented into MP's setup app :)

For now..give it a try .... the D1.com.au grabber is the most *complete* and extremely quick...

To get things rolling...

1. Open MP's setup app...go to "Television"....click on "BACKUP" to make a channellist.xml file...which contains your current channels....then....
    2. Run WebEPG-conf.exe.....it will ask for your channellist.xml...enter it ....
    3. NOTE : You may want to remove some channels...like SBS EPG, 7 Digital 3..etc
    4. Select a channel on the list on the left...then select a grabber for it on the right...by clicking on the "..." ......then expand "Channels", expand "AU" then find your channel
    5. Repeat this process for all your channels
    6. Increase the Guide Days to 7(days)
    Once your config is in order....."Save" it

From now on simply run WebEPG.exe and your new tvguide.xml should pop up in a few seconds.

Enjoy !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom