XMLTV MC2XML w legacy Guide problems (1 Viewer)

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    can you add an 3rd option for schedule, grab it every "x" days once per day when TV start or resume ? ( default set to 7 days)
    can be usefull for not overcharge free xmltv server.
    How about instead of a third option:
    View attachment 154124
    Fine for me. I like your proposition.

Hummm, i see few issue with low power system (my case), when pc start or resume and try to grabb epg (or maybe many other stuff by MP ) , i 'have few block of system, because many stuff running at the same time.
    Can you add delay between start/resume and grabb epg.
    Sure, if this thing dont take you many time, i can live without it, since 4 years now lol.

pünktchen

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @mm1352000
    While you're overhauling this plugin, hopefully you can make it possible to read also the other tags of a xmltv-file
    like "actors" and make a display-definition-page like it is for DVB-EPG:
    uploadfromtaptalk1408125054943.jpg

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    While you're overhauling this plugin, hopefully you can make it possible to read also the other tags of a xmltv-file like "actors"
    Credits are already read. Done by @gibman. :)
    Any other tags you're thinking of?

and make a display-definition-page like it is for DVB-EPG
    Hmmm, not so sure about that. Let's tease this idea out a bit...

I'm reluctant because I want to avoid a situation where each EPG source (XMLTV, DVB EPG, WebEPG, SchedulesDirect etc.) has to implement the same functions. In other words, I don't really want to have a separate display-definition page for XMLTV and DVB EPG... and then somebody will surely ask for the same for WebEPG etc.

Would it be enough to have a common display-definition for all EPG sources, or do you feel a separate one is necessary for XMLTV?
    If you want a separate one, please explain why.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay, I'll implement that. :)

Hummm, i see few issue with low power system (my case), when pc start or resume and try to grabb epg (or maybe many other stuff by MP ) , i 'have few block of system, because many stuff running at the same time.
    Can you add delay between start/resume and grabb epg.
    Sure, if this thing dont take you many time, i can live without it, since 4 years now lol.
    Sorry, I prefer not to add this. Too many options => overwhelming complexity. I want it to be as simple as possible.

pünktchen

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    While you're overhauling this plugin, hopefully you can make it possible to read also the other tags of a xmltv-file like "actors"
    Credits are already read. Done by @gibman. :)
    Any other tags you're thinking of?
    "country" and "date" in any case! Maybe "video" and "audio", so we can use it for mediathumbs in the future. I know date should already be read in TVE3, but where can i use/see it? Does it work for you?

Would it be enough to have a common display-definition for all EPG sources, or do you feel a separate one is necessary for XMLTV?
    If you want a separate one, please explain why.
    No, one for all would be fine! But then we need a seperate page in configuration, not under DVB-EPG.
    This is irritating i think.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sorry in advance for all the questions. Just trying to understand... :)

"country" and "date" in any case!
    Does your guide data really include that information, and do you really want to see that info in the guide?
    To be really honest I don't see the value in having it. With "credits" you could say that you want to record all movies starring Robin Williams (RIP :( ); however I don't see the same purpose/use for country and date.

Maybe "video" and "audio", so we can use it for mediathumbs in the future.
    Again, does your guide data include that information... and what do you mean by mediathumbs?
    Most channels have the same video and audio all the time, so I don't understand how this information would add anything. A specific example would help... :)

I know date should already be read in TVE3, but where can i use/see it? Does it work for you?
    The value is parsed (read) but then never used or stored. Same in TVE 3.5.

No, one for all would be fine! But then we need a seperate page in configuration, not under DVB-EPG.
    This is irritating i think.
    Well, consider that you could also move language preference and genre/category configuration into the same section. Technically the genre/category stuff is already used for all EPG sources (not just DVB), so we could say it should never have been put there in the first place. ;)

pünktchen

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry in advance for all the questions. Just trying to understand... :)

"country" and "date" in any case!
    Does your guide data really include that information, and do you really want to see that info in the guide?
    To be really honest I don't see the value in having it. With "credits" you could say that you want to record all movies starring Robin Williams (RIP :( ); however I don't see the same purpose/use for country and date.
    Yes, all is there. I really like old Hollywood movies from 30s, 40s and 50s to record. But how do i know about them without info?
    Another example is a tvshow (not tvseries). Without year i don't know is it new or from last year.

Maybe "video" and "audio", so we can use it for mediathumbs in the future.
    Again, does your guide data include that information... and what do you mean by mediathumbs?
    Most channels have the same video and audio all the time, so I don't understand how this information would add anything. A specific example would help... :)
    Yes again, all is there. But it is only nice to have, not that important...
    By mediathumbs i mean those little images you can see in MovingPictures. 2.0 for stereo audio, 5.1 for dolby digital and so on.

Btw. "rating" also isn't correct imported. It imports the complete line "<value>FSK 12</value>", not the pure value "FSK 12" :eek:

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yes, all is there. I really like old Hollywood movies from 30s, 40s and 50s to record. But how do i know about them without info?
    Okay. I can't implement this now (requires DB changes to store those details) but I'll keep it in mind for the future.

Yes again, all is there. But it is only nice to have, not that important...
    I checked my own XMLTV source. Looks like it uses the video element to specify when the source is really HD:
    <programme start="20140816000000 +1200" stop="20140816010000 +1200" channel="1300">
    <title>Touch</title>
    <desc>New Episode. Guillermo continues his hunt for the 36 Righteous Ones; and Jake helps Lucy locate a woman who may be linked to Amelia. S2 Ep4</desc>
    <rating>
    <value>AO</value>
    </rating>
    <video>
    <quality>HDTV</quality>
    </video>
    <audio>
    <stereo>dolby digital</stereo>
    </audio>
    <episode-num system="xmltv_ns">42846 . 487365 . </episode-num>
    </programme>

That could be useful if you want to only record HD broadcasts... but again I'll have to put this on the shelf until it is possible to make DB changes.

Btw. "rating" also isn't correct imported. It imports the complete line "<value>FSK 12</value>", not the pure value "FSK 12" :eek:
    Fixed. Thanks for reporting! :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay this is what it looks like now:

upload_2014-8-16_16-29-14.png

Note I changed "...the above action(s)..." to hours instead of days. That makes it possible for people to run the update more often (opposite to what you asked for) as well as less often (what you asked for). :)

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    ok, if you think it's better, it's OK for me,
    but please add dialog on mouse over text, for explain, " this hours should be 24 default, but can be increased for more delay on base 24 hours : 3 days = 24 x 3 = 72h, or decreased, but verify the XMLTV server for not overcharge it "
    i know this can be a little child explanation, but few time is better to do it ...

Question : this setting work also if PC is shutdown ?
    example : i have set 7 days between grabbing
    Monday : Grabbing XML
    Tue : PC OFF
    Wed : PC OFf
    Thur : PC Off
    Friday : PC On
    Saturday ; PC ON
    Sunday : PC On

the grabb restart the next monday ?
    the schedule store the previous days in DB ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom