XMLTV.org and Atlas Grabber - help! (1 Viewer)

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

I have got an API key to access the new(ish) Atlas EPG data, here:

atlas - the global video & audio index

The only XMLTV software that seems to have an Atlas grabber at the moment is xmltv.org, but I can't get it to work, or find any way of asking for help on xmltv.org. I have always used XMLTV GUI before, so it must be me not being familiar with this technique that is the problem.

I am following the instructions and accessing via a command prompt. I can enter my API Key and choose my channel line up okay, and create the.conf file, but then when I enter this instruction to grab the xmltv data:

xmltv tv_grab_uk_atlas --config-file C:\users\lisa\downloads\.xmltv/tv_grab_uk_atlas.conf

It reports this error message:

Can't open tv_grab_uk_atlas: No such file or directory at /PerlApp/grab/uk_atlas/tv_grab_uk_atlas line 69

I have no idea what's going on :confused:

JJDoherty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2013
    Dublin
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Hi liag, just wondering if you got anywhere with this?

Just to provide a bit of background on why I'm asking I'll explain that my MP setup is using Freesat and Saorview, the DTT offering here in the Republic of Ireland. The problem is that the EPG data feed from Saorview does not provide genre data so I can't take advantage of the genre colouring in the MP TV guide for these channels. I decided, as a result, to try and get the EPG data through WebEPG which does work well if the source data is good and this is the issue. I cannot find a good source that provides genre information as well as a good program description except for the Radio Guide feed, now Atlas.

I would really appreciate any help you might be able to offer me on this.

As a side note for those that are interested, I contacted Saorview and the body responsible for managing the broadcasting infrastructure 2RN and I was told that there are no plans to include genre data in the EPG data feed now or in the future!

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Hello, I am afraid I got no further with this at all :(

JJDoherty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2013
    Dublin
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Hi lisag, thanks for getting back to me. Maybe you could provide me with details of what you've managed so far and maybe together we can make some progress?

Thanks again...[DOUBLEPOST=1396601701][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh I see you've been looking at getting help using WebEPG with the new JSON parser addition here. This is something I've read briefly about but haven't pursued further. Perhaps I'll join in on that thread...

Last edited:

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Okay!

I used xmltv.org with the Atlas grabber here:

http://wiki.xmltv.org/index.php/Main_Page

I followed the instructions exactly but kept getting lots of error messages. However, I did find that if I just ignored these errors and ploughed on I did eventually manage to produce an xml file, which looked promising when I looked at it in Wordpad / Notepad / IE. But when I then tried to import that into a test version of MediaPortal that I had installed on my non-HTPC desktop, I got an error message with MediaPortal saying that it wasn't a valid file format.

That's when I gave up o_O

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom