xmltv plug-in loads utc not localized time zone ... on SOME machines (1 Viewer)

Reggie Schaffnit

Portal Member
September 16, 2015
United States of America United States of America
I have several installations of Media Portal 2.+, one 'real' one and one or more playpens. Fortunately I can get the real one to work.

HOWEVER, on several machines loading the schedule, whether it comes from xmltv.com or SchedulesDirect, the times in the tv guide are off by 6 hours, not incidentally the offset for my timezone, CST US. I have tried changing the +0000 time adjustment to -0600 in the xml file before loading it with the xmltv plug-in. That works on the real machine, but on some machines it does not work.

Checking the "Apply time compensation when loading tvguide.xml" and specifying -06 hours appears to do nothing.

I saw in one post that one problem was not having the clock update automatically update, but that's checked.

I have also fiddled the tz environment variable. That seems to make life worse.

Any clues are welcome.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads
OP Title Forum Replies Date
Z EPG-Buddy / xmltv-plugin - zwei Quellen, selber Sender Elektronischer Programmführer (EPG) 2
R Help with DST conversion XMLTV General 0
framug No color in TVGuide when XMLTV without DVB EPG MediaPortal 1 Talk 59
B xmltv - cannot import tvguide.xml australia Installation, configuration support 0
geotwticher TV Guide EPG Grabber for Australia 2020 RIP freepg.tv General 4
P Timeshifting in XMLTV General 20
C Can the XmlTv Plugin handle 600+ channels? General 3
JJDoherty 1.22.0 XMLTV not raising the following OnImportEpgPrograms event... 1.22 0
lacanox XMLTV not writing the tv schedule Electronic Program Guide 3
A [solved] XmlTv not importing programs General 8
dcapslock TV Server xmltv IWakeupHandler Bug Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 6
T No data available using xmltv and mc2xml xmlTV 2
rsbrux Extensions Manager has outdated version info for the Extensions plug-in Installation, configuration support 7
Megane How to install the same plug-in twice? MediaPortal 1 Plugins 5
D Problem getting Schedules Direct EPG to load data Installation, configuration support 4
B loading input devices hang General Support 3
sve1 Invalid DateTime when loading configuration tool Trakt 5
B [solved] [MP2-772-773] improve busy cursor and settings loading Testing Area 10