Xtreme is hanging on launch (1 Viewer)

TeMorituri

Portal Member
April 19, 2009
Hi my HTPC shut down improperly and now I cannot launch Mediaportal using the Xtreme skin. It gets through "starting plugins" then shows a half screen saying that fanart is loading.I can direct it to change to "classic" home screen but in any case mptv series and moving pictures plug ins wont run citing " incorrect skin".
I have tried uninstalling Xtreme and reinstalling and I have updated to 1.26 pre release. Mediaportal will run using Titan and PureVision...just not with Xtreme

Is there an easy answer in my logs to this ? Something I just need to delete in the Xtreme skins folder to reset it ?

Oops ..dammit I have posted in the wrong area of the forum..sorry

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_23_09_20__20_02.zip
    1.7 MB
Last edited:

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Unfortunately Xtreme skin is really outdated, and there is no support to adapt the relevant skin files for e.g. MovingPictures or TVSeries to the latest changes of these plugins.

Gesendet von meinem CMR-W09 mit Tapatalk

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Is there an easy answer in my logs to this ?
    In log i see:
    Code:
    [2020-09-23 20:02:22,055] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [DEBUG] - GUIFontManager: SafeDispose()
    [2020-09-23 20:02:22,055] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [DEBUG] - TextureManager: Dispose()
    [2020-09-23 20:02:22,055] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [INFO ] - TexturePacker:Dispose()
    [2020-09-23 20:02:22,071] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [DEBUG] - GraphicContext: init volume handler
    [2020-09-23 20:02:22,071] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [DEBUG] - GUIFontManager SetDeviceNull()
    [2020-09-23 20:02:22,055] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [INFO ] - Main: MediaPortal SetProcessDPIAware 1
    [2020-09-23 20:02:22,071] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [WARN ] - Main: MediaPortal is already running
    It looks like at this point the Media Portal is already running and therefore does not let the second entity run. :whistle:
    Something I just need to delete in the Xtreme skins folder to reset it ?
    You need to see in Task Manager if Mediaportal is running. If you have to remove it from the processes. Delete all log files and cache skins. Run Mediaportal and wait, then close Mediaportal and check if it is still in the processes if you have to delete and collect the first batch of logs. :coffee:
    Reboot the computer, if Mediaportal starts automatically at startup, then wait for the boot, if there is an error again, close Mediaportal , check if it is not left in the processes, if it remains to delete and build the second batch of logs. :coffee:
    Both stacks of logs are attached to the message here. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom