Yahoo7 Australia Grabber Broken (1 Viewer)

Boony

Portal Member
October 29, 2009
Townsville
Home Country
Hi All, is anyone else having problems with the Australia Yahoo7 EPG grabber file? Looks like Yahoo7 have changed their TV guide web location and structure so the grabber is not getting any data. Must have happened on Thursday or Friday last week :(

benjerry

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi All, is anyone else having problems with the Australia Yahoo7 EPG grabber file? Looks like Yahoo7 have changed their TV guide web location and structure so the grabber is not getting any data. Must have happened on Thursday or Friday last week :(

If it's this site: TV and Australian TV Guide Yahoo!7 TV
    then I can confirm that the grabber script is totally different from what is expected.

Looks like they moved from a simple html table to a javascript script grid system.

Prospect of getting good data from this new guide doesn't look well.

SteveR

Portal Member
    March 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Hmm, a little unfortunate if you are stuck out in the scrub at Newman and it's mostly analog channels :)

whatisk

Portal Pro
    May 21, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    After this happened the other week I've configured mediaportal to grab the epg data over the air. It's grabbing a week or two worth of data is working well at the moment.

I think I've configued mediaportal to grab the epg data over the air, however, I never seem to get anything for 7 Two.
    Are you getting info for that okay? If so, are you able to give me a quick rundown of settings to check?
    Should I clear the current EPG data and if so, how do I do that?

I'm currently running MP 1.0.2

Thanks.

Edit: I was originally using angussman's epg grabber, but noticed the same issue with that - i wouldn't get info for 7 Two

loc

Portal Pro
    May 22, 2010
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    i've been using over the air grabber in brisbane for about a year now and have never had issues with 7two...

predakanga

August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    It's very possible to pull data from the new Javascript site, but I'm not sure it's within the scope of WebEPG.

I've written my own scraper for it (which I'll provide if people want it), and it generates a nightly listing of NSW channels at http://predakanga-aus.dyndns.org/xmltv.xml - it's regenerated at 3AM each day.

If anyone wants a copy of the scraper, so that they can modify it or whatever, just ask - it's written in Python, using the urlgrabber, xmltv and pytz modules.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom