Yatse 2 : Media Centers Remote optimized for Touch Screen (2 Viewers)

Tolriq

Portal Pro
September 13, 2010
Home Country
France France
Can you please upload the log file that is created in the same dir as the installer ?

Server is up and running. PErhaps a proxy error

Tolriq

Portal Pro
September 13, 2010
Home Country
France France
In a more or less far future yes :)

But as said i wait for XBMC to handle it to find the more generic way to handle that.

petrov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 22, 2010
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Hi All (especially Torliq),

Not sure what's the future of this software is, since the last post dates from few months ago... but no matter what, I'd like to share few points.

First and foremost, conceptually it is a brilliant idea but when it comes to its practical use I think there are constraints which are preventing its broader user acceptance.

From my prospective, the software can be used in 3 scenarios:
    1. Co-located with the HTPC, either built-in or externally connected touch screen
    2. Installed on a remote PC or Laptop
    3. Installed on a portable device i.e. touch screen tablet

In terms of functionality and affordability following is the further view on each of the above scenarios:
    1. Perfectly suitable scenario but not really a remote... rather add-on nice to have feature.
    2. This one works, but I don't think it is a winner simply because it doesn't seem practical. I used it to test the software and that is where it end.
    3. This one should be the main winner but unfortunately cannot take off because of few constraints:
    a. Locked in to be used on fully featured Windows (.NET framework). It cannot work on CE and soon XP will be dropped off when moving from 3.5 to 4.0 .NET.
    b. Fully featured Windows tablets are far to expensive to be justified as remotes. Some may argue this, but my idea is to have a dedicated feature-rich HTPC remote rather than a tablet for every day use and this software on it... It simply doesn't fulfill its primary purpose ... which is being a remote.
    c. Another point would be the tabled size. In my view 7" would be ideal which additionally makes Windows tablet less affordable if not impossible to find. I don't think that anything larger than that can be classified as "remote".

Now here comes the conclusion and possible options moving forward:
    1. Win CE support. - This may not have the longevity since I'm not sure what the future of this OS is.
    2. Android portability. - This would be a winner since 7" Android tablets can be sourced for under $100 and the prices will only go down.

Not sure if it is possible, how difficult and how much work is involved to port the Yatse on Android but to me this looks like the only option that can potentially take off. I even think if ported with the same functionality as it is, none would complain paying few bucks to download the app and that may be much better option financially instead of relying on donations.

Sorry about the huge post but I felt like sharing this after failing to find an affordable and suitable device.
    If nothing gets changed, either 7" Win7 tablets hit the sub $100 price range or Yatse gets ported to Android, in my view this will be just a good software with really high potential.

Best of luck.

Cheers

soundman33

Portal Member
    January 20, 2011
    München
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Tolriq,

thank you for this great program!!! ;-)

But i´m trying since two days to get the library refresh running. The problem is that yatse starts refreshing and if it starts to refresh the music database MediaPortal crashes and I cant sync with it. But the video database refreshes without any error. So far I understand the MP Logs there is a problem at the mysqul and MP isnt able to connect again. Sounds like a problem with user rights. Is this a known error? I read the thread but i couldnt finde any infos to fix this. Tonight im goning to post some logs MP and YATSE.

Hopefull anybody can help!!!!

Best regards soundman33

coolfire

October 4, 2011
    Hi volks.
    At first: Thanks for this great Tool. I was running it for a long time very stable. But now i want to upgrade my system.

And there I have a small Problem running Yatse 2 on my HTPC. I want to run it on a 8" touchscreen, built in my DIY case. So I connect to localhost.

When starting Mediaportal, everything looks OK. But when I start Yatse2 and it beginns syncing --> MP crashes.

My Versions:
    - Mediaportal 1.2.0.0 Final (But was the same with 1.2.1)
    - Fanart Handler 2.3.0.522
    - iPiMP 5.2.0.821 for MP 1.2.0 Beta
    - latest Yatse 2

Everything was installed on a fresh Windows 7 Ultimate x86.

Does anyone know how to solve that problem? I hope this is the right topic for my question.

Sorry for my bad English. :oops:

yudicuba

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 16, 2010
    Home Country
    Re : Yatse 2 : Media Centers Remote optimized for Touch Screen

bonjour Tolriq,
    same problem here after update of Mepo
    when Yatse is running and you start Mepo it crashes at the library update (the error from windows is )

Description :mediaportal has Stopped working

Signature du problème*:
    Nom d’événement de problème: CLR20r3
    Signature du problème 01: mediaportal.exe
    Signature du problème 02: 1.2.1.0
    Signature du problème 03: 4e7d7278
    Signature du problème 04: MPClientController
    Signature du problème 05: 5.2.0.804
    Signature du problème 06: 4dc4f246
    Signature du problème 07: 50
    Signature du problème 08: c78
    Signature du problème 09: System.MethodAccessException
    Version du système: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Identificateur de paramètres régionaux: 1036

(it seems to be a net frame error (mine is up2date)

and if you close yatse mepo runs just fine
    here's the log from yatse

merci et bonne journée

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hm - found this while searching for an external Display for xmbc - and happy to see that it was working (not anymore) with MP too and how slim an lightweight it is. No I wonder if there is any interest in pushing it as slim alternative to mpdisplay? As I can't programm at all - well - maybe a dev sees it and likes it :)

yatse2 was put to open source

http://yatse.leetzone.org/redmine/projects/yatse2

and need to work with MP the ipimp plugin

http://code.google.com/p/ipimp/

which is also out of date.

What I see it's missing now comapletele the feature to display TV information - with Movies and Series it displays teh playing now content. As I can't make it work on MP I tried it on xmbc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom