YouTube.fm (YouTube music videos) (Updated 11-09-2012) (2 Viewers)

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    Hi dukus,

tried your plugin yesterday night.

Everything with the video part worked fine.

Problem:
    Scrobbling did not work. Scrobbling from music part works. Watched videos did not appear on my last.fm account. No playlist was built . Always stopped after first song.
    Did not look into the logs. Would you need any?

Questions:

When setting up youtube video plugin there is a checkbox "Download online data" I checked it, but every time I reopen the plugin config it is unchecked again.
    Doesn´t it save the setting? And what does this setting do at all?

When setting up youtube.fm there is a checkbox "use time span" (or such). I did not check this one. What is it for?

I have RC4, plugin 0.1.1.
    I set up a youtube account. account name is not the same as last.fm account name, but that should not matter, Iguess.

Improvements:
    Maybe have a screen like the tv screen where the video is in preview size as an alternative to fullscreen playback (Don´t know if this is technically possible). Not all videos are in good quality for fullscreen

Very good work so far

tomtom

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Forget what I said earlier about it braking Last.FM, this was a skinning problem...

Any way, suggestions...and or questions...

1... Why do some videos load using the internal mediaportal player (this is good as it uses by ffdshow upscaling and deblocking filters) and others seem to use an external youtube one...

2... Why not make the last.fm section of the plugin more obvious... For instance the initually launched feature... Otherwise I do like, though rather incombatable with blue two wide (which I do understand is now becoming an obsolete skin) ashaim as I've modded mine so much...

Thanks for a great plugin none the less and would love to see this continued...

dukus

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2006
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    Problem:
    Scrobbling did not work. Scrobbling from music part works. Watched videos did not appear on my last.fm account. No playlist was built . Always stopped after first song.
    Did not look into the logs. Would you need any?
    Do you enabled the Youtube Video Player? A log file would be helpful ...

When setting up youtube video plugin there is a checkbox "Download online data" I checked it, but every time I reopen the plugin config it is unchecked again.
    Doesn´t it save the setting? And what does this setting do at all?
    This option not used ...

Improvements:
    Maybe have a screen like the tv screen where the video is in preview size as an alternative to fullscreen playback (Don´t know if this is technically possible). Not all videos are in good quality for fullscreen
    I try to mek something in next release..

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    Hi dukus,

tried it once again. Please find 2 logs attached:

what I did:
    go to youtube.fm plugin
    use search history "ABBA"
    choose "Fernando" ->return
    play full video
    video stops after play. No new song no song scrobbled.

Interestingly I found 2 logs Mediaportal1.log was named mediaportal.bak originally.
    If you look at the time stamps, the missing time (4:20 min) is probably exactly the duration of the video.

As you see in the logs installation of MP on this PC is F:\ , don't think this could have any effect.

tomtom

P.S. youtube video player was enabled

dukus

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2006
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    Maybe a forget but to use scrobbler, you need make a playlist an play the playlist ....

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    Maybe a forget but to use scrobbler, you need make a playlist an play the playlist ....

That was it. Now it works.
    I am used to press p in music which is configured to jump to "now playing" which creates a (one song) playlist automatically and starts adding songs via audioscrobbler.
    So I did not think about this.

tomtom

dukus

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2006
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    Another update, see first page

The scrobbling should produce better results, i tested about 40 videos, 5 was something crap, 3 sideshow but with good sound quality. 7 no link with initial video but usable.
    Not embeddable videos still not handled correctly, all the time.

I am curios about other user experience ....

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Is there any chance of a Bluetwo skin for this... Would really like to integrate it but am waiting for Blue3 to support more of my other plugins.... Would be so appreciated. Thanks

alexchini

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 30, 2006
    Venice
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    great plugin

Another update, see first page

The scrobbling should produce better results, i tested about 40 videos, 5 was something crap, 3 sideshow but with good sound quality. 7 no link with initial video but usable.
    Not embeddable videos still not handled correctly, all the time.

I am curios about other user experience ....

work fine to me in rc4

userjan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 14, 2008
    USA, Greeneville, TN
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Great plugin Dukus, got some troubles with the videos opening in the Youtube player itself, and havent really figured out yet what the scrobbling should do, but other then that great plugin...

ThX :)

(RC4 in Blue3 skin)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom