Zalman 160XT + LCD in Clone Mode and different resolution problem - my solution. (2 Viewers)

xisio

Portal Member
June 1, 2007
Limerick
Home Country
Poland Poland
Hi

As everybody know, is impossible to set different resolution in clone mode in windows. but after few month :) i set everything fine, and lcd touch display working well.

First we have to download new lcd zalman's driver for lcd with multimonitor support mode.

next follow this picture if you have radeon graphic card:

74870185bz3.png

set max resolution for LCD/projector/plasma etc.

78812880eh3.png

set max resolution for ZALMAN LCD (1024x768)

46949087ot9.png

Turn on clone mode

16799316si1.png

55182098ez8.png

91435796ph9.png

set zalman lcd (screen in windows after rebooting is allways centered so you have to add extra pixel for external display and zalman lcd)

35627630lz0.png

calibration

81078606zp8.png

32224144mx5.png

10qv6.png

Media portal user interface setting (convert 1280 to 1024 and 720 to 720 and move MP to center of monitor)

and enjoy.

impossible is nothing !!! now you can use two diferent resolution in clone mode, movies are crop on zalman lcd, but on external lcd can be any resoulution for they set, but user interface is fine on both and music/picture and other thing what dont need full screen mode can work fine on both display.

Xisio :D

NewMPUser

November 18, 2007
Hi, Thanks for your support. I was looking for this solution since few month... But the problem I have is how you can get "monitor properties 0" and "monitor properties 1"??
I mean in my Catalyst window, I have only "monitor properties 0". I updated with the latest catalyst pakages.
I'm using ATI Radeon HD2600XT.

Thanks

xisio

Portal Member
June 1, 2007
Limerick
Home Country
Poland Poland
First you have to connect both of them, next set clone mode.

What kind of cable type you using ? (dvi & vga or dvi i component ?)

NewMPUser

November 18, 2007
Hello,
Both are connected as I'm using the Zalman (160XT Plus) LCD as secondary display (extended mode) in VGA (DVI->VGA).
The primary display is my LCD TV, connected by DVI-HDMI (using the DVI-HDMI adapter provided with the graphic card).

My config:

case: Zalman 160XT PLUS
MB: ASUS P5K-E Wifi-AP
CPU: Intel Core duo E6750
GC: Sapphire Radeon HD2600XT

the graphic card has two DVI out. One is connected with DVI-VGA adapter to the Zalman LCD, and the second is connected to the LCD TV with DVI-HDMI adapter (provided with the graphic card).

I missed to mention that when i set in clone mode, I still have only "monitor properties 0" in the Catalyst configuration window.

Quincy

June 12, 2008
Home Country
Canada Canada
Interesting idea, but can you tell me if there's anyway to force the second smaller screen to go into stanby mode and/or shut off if it hasn't been touched after while?

I also had an idea on how to do somethign similar. I need to try this when i get home, but I want to use powerstrip to add a custom resoloution for the econd smaller LCD screen that matches the big 1920x1080 TV. I'm hoping there is a way it will go into "pan" mode on the small LCD. I guess it's pretty close to your idea.

If only there was an easy way to get the video card to clone and scale at the same time...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom