Zalman HD135 VFD (VlSys Mplay) (2 Viewers)

jaylemur

Portal Member
January 2, 2007
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Hi.

I have exactly the same problem as LoDeNo.

I tried also to compare log output from a serial port sniffer when playing with the fan control of MHC.

I couldn't detect any difference.

Did somebody tried to contact VLSystem if they could help giving some hint ?

Herr R aus B

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 22, 2007
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi!

I contacted them in 2007 when CybrMate and I did all the port sniffing and testing - they never replied, which wasn't unexpected :)

Regards

Axel

giantpopples

Portal Member
    January 16, 2008
    Hi !
    I'm the owner of a 202 Plus R2 VFD with IR which works very well within mediaportal (through the minidisplay plugin) but i'd like to use my remote outside mp and not use MHC...

i didn't see any compatible software (girder, eventghost, Intelliremote, winlirc..), only Lirc seems to work but only under Linux..

Manfred, i see that you wrote a little program which is able to use the integrated IR, how did you do this??

And if anyone know of a program i can run to use my IR receiver within Windows...
    Thank you very much !!!!!

eggi

Portal Member
    May 29, 2009
    Hi !
    I'm the owner of a 202 Plus R2 VFD with IR which works very well within mediaportal (through the minidisplay plugin) but i'd like to use my remote outside mp and not use MHC...

i didn't see any compatible software (girder, eventghost, Intelliremote, winlirc..), only Lirc seems to work but only under Linux..

Manfred, i see that you wrote a little program which is able to use the integrated IR, how did you do this??

And if anyone know of a program i can run to use my IR receiver within Windows...
    Thank you very much !!!!!

i am still waiting on the same answer :) would like to avoid using MHC at all costs, but the only thing i've found that works outside of mediaportal is manfred's little program (which is good enough to launch mediaportal). Unfortunately, I'm not smart enough to figure out how manfred put together his program in order to expand on it.

it seems as though ppl have gotten the remote to work in linux using lirc, but it doesnt work in windows which is what I am running.

Thus far, either I've done without the remote functioning outside of mediaportal, or i've been forced to use MHC :(

Herr R aus B

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 22, 2007
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    EQ crashes 1.0.2.0

Hi!

I finally migrated to 1.0.2.0 und hat to realize that using CybrDisplay's EQ crashes MP completely. I am using the BASS engine. Is this a known issue? If yes - is there any soluiton? If not, I'll post log files.

Regards

Axel

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: EQ crashes 1.0.2.0

I finally migrated to 1.0.2.0 und hat to realize that using CybrDisplay's EQ crashes MP completely. I am using the BASS engine. Is this a known issue? If yes - is there any soluiton? Regards
    Yes. Continue migrating to 1.1.0 RC2. In 1.1.0 the display functionality is now directly built in as a plugin. CybrDisplay is no longer supported by the programmer and therefore does not reflect the latest MP changes that started with 1.0.2.

By the way: although it is still a release candidate only, it's by far more stable than 1.0.2 and has hundreds of bugs fixed.

Regards, HTPC_Sourcer

Herr R aus B

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 22, 2007
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: AW: EQ crashes 1.0.2.0

CybrMage retired? Sad to here :) I did so much testing then in 2008 ;-) OK - I'd better migrated to 1.1 instead of 1.02 it seems - but I always find everything with "alpha", "beta" or "RC" suspicious ;-) Thanks for the reply anyways :)

Regards

Axel

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: EQ crashes 1.0.2.0

I didn't say that CybrMage "retired" but simply that there is no longer a need for the CybrDispplay plugin. MP now contains the so-called "Minidisplay" plugin as a standard feature, which allows accessing the various displays. Hence no need fur further programming efforts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom