Zapping, RTSP improvements ( test plz ). (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cressari

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2008
    Konstanz
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hoi Ambass

Thanks for your patches and your work. Results of my test: Faster Channel change, no stuttering after channel changes anymore (Vista32/EVR). Especially channel change on scrambled pay-tv channels is much faster (i use Giga Blue Cam to look my payed Abonnement on HTPC). Patches are very promising!

I returned the original files cause:

Since using the Giga Blue i had rarely black screen or error message (Couldnt build graph or so) especially changing from unscrambled to scrambled. After installing patches the blackscreens became more often but this you announced in your above post when i understand it right. I can not really indicate what you mean with "- Video Pin connection lost ( definitly black screen after channel change )" ... do you mean that this will come with your patches cause of test state or that you mean that patches will prevent this. Sorry perhaps i am a little stupid but i dont really understand what you mean :)

Thank you and keep on // Cress

CieNeSDi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 18, 2007
    Oetwil a.d. Limmat
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Channel change much faster.

Vista 64bit, single seat.

:D

Edit:

Just saw something:
    After Channel changing there is a half second of "slowmotion"

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ambass
    could you release sourcecode diff file? I would like to test it also but i can't cause i need my modified version. Thanks!

Cressari

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2008
    Konstanz
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hoi, i tested once more.

When zapping and message "Couldnt build graph" comes, following error log is generated:

--------------------------------
    2009-02-20 20:39:55.802125 [ERROR][TvClient-Radio: HeartBeat transmitter thread]: TVHome: Error occured in constructor: TvPlugin and TvServer don't have the same version.
    Please update the older component to the same version as the newer one.
    TvServer Version: 1.0.0.0
    TvPlugin Version: 1.0.0.21720
    --------------------------------

I swear, i have newest SVN 21720. For being sure i reinstalled TV Server SVN 21720. Now i deactivate built in radio-part in TV-Card (i have 5 Radios here, dont need it on HTPC) and keep on testing. Any ideas why this error could be??

Thanks // Cress

tanstaafl

Portal Member
    December 19, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    @ambass
    could you release sourcecode diff file? I would like to test it also but i can't cause i need my modified version. Thanks!

+1
    (Have latest SVN checked out. Compiling it and installing, then installing this patch, I get AssemblyInfo version mismatch. Don't feel like manually changing 1.0.0.0 to 1.0.0.21720 in all assemblyInfo.cs. If I'm missing something, suggestions welcome!)

Edit: Version mismatch is between MP and TvPlugin (1.0.0.0 vs 1.0.0.21720). Using VS2008, I'm aware there's no support for home-compiles.

Ambass

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    Cressari

The "Video Pin connection lost" happens for some users. I've quite never experienced it. When it happens ( if I'm ight ) the screen is black without any message but audio is working.

CieNeSDi

The "slow motion" is a normal behaviour. On DVB there is always 0.5~2secs delay between audio and video. So the choices are :
    1) wait this extra delay on channel change .....
    2) display frozen picture during this delay...( Actually this solution is not always working, black screen or old channel is sometimes displayed.... )
    3) display video slowly until "lip sync" is reached.

Pesonally I prefer the 3rd option because it's not always visible, and channel change appears faster.

I attach the TvPlugin diff file because changes are few and I know there is release problem info. Just keep in mind using use partial changes will not work properly.

I do not attach diff files for other modules because there are really too many changes( and not cleaned yet !;).

Attachments

• tvhome.patch
      30.6 KB

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ambass
    thanks for the patch - but without the rest it is not possible to do a real test :-( even if there are many changes - who cares? For people who would like to use or have a look at your patch - they can have a look and the other ones haven't to do this?

Or perhaps you can send me the whole patch per PM?

sdf

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2006
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Ambass
    Core 2Duo 8200, 4G RAM, Vista64, Hauppauge HVR-1300 and Terratec Cinergy DVB-S2 Hd CI:
    Little speed improvement in channel change, no more stuttering after channel change, previous radio station bug is gone, but only for dvb (dvb-t and dvb-s).
    The analog part is now broken (both tv and radio, single seat and multiseat).
    If I change channel from dvb to analog (both tv and radio), I can view and listen the station.
    But if I then change to another analog station (radio and tv) the screen is blank and there's silence.
    So only the for time I switch to an analog tv and radio station tsreader works.
    Tell me if you need logs.
    P.S.:it's not an hybrid problem because the same happens switching from dvb-s to analog (different cards).
    Thak you,
    sdf

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom