Zapping, RTSP improvements ( test plz ). (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

grubi

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
The "slow motion" is a normal behaviour. On DVB there is always 0.5~2secs delay between audio and video. So the choices are :
1) wait this extra delay on channel change .....
2) display frozen picture during this delay...( Actually this solution is not always working, black screen or old channel is sometimes displayed.... )
3) display video slowly until "lip sync" is reached.

Pesonally I prefer the 3rd option because it's not always visible, and channel change appears faster.

Agree. Zapping with this option appears much faster.

grubi

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Thumbs up again.
Zapping radio channels is fixed (you no longer hear some samples from the previous channel after switchin).
It is really a pleasure to use MP with these imporvements.
Hopefully they find their fast way into official branch.

Keep up the good work.

Ambass

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    sdf,

I was afraid of analog issues because I've nothing to test them;)
    Could you attach logs, and also send an analog ts recording.

thx.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The "slow motion" is a normal behaviour. On DVB there is always 0.5~2secs delay between audio and video. So the choices are :
    2) display frozen picture during this delay...( Actually this solution is not always working, black screen or old channel is sometimes displayed.... )

Pesonally I prefer the 3rd option because it's not always visible, and channel change appears faster.

Hi Ambass,

The mods do seem to have made the channel-changing and general TV experience faster and smoother - thanks for all the hard work :)

However, I'm still seeing a problem with loss of A/V sync after channel changes (quite often) - it can be more than a second out of sync sometimes (audio lags behind video), and some TV channels are worse than others.

When I first start/restart TV there is no problem (other than occasional stutters or slow-mo while it pulls A/V into sync), and if I skip around the timeshift buffer there is no problem - it only happens after a channel change.

(My workaround fix is just to skip back in the timeshift buffer by 5 sec - this always fixes it)

I think the problem is worse when using audio decode/post-processing filters with high latency e.g. FFDshow with EQ and FIR filtering enabled.

What does it do differently in the software after a channel change compared to after startup or timeshift buffer skip ?

Tony

Ambass

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    Owlsroost

Probably due to filter latency. Have you tried with other audio decoder ?

Attach logs plz.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Ambass,

I'll try and post some current logs later today, but if it's of any use there are some logs for the 21688 SVN attached to this post - https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-support-51/video-audio-sync-problems-after-tv-start-channel-change-54519/#post376113

I have tried with other decoders - it happens less often with AC3Filter than FFDShow, for example - but ideally I need to use a decoder with post-processing ability to do up-mixing and EQ in my system.

This isn't a problem introduced with these latest mods - I had the problem since 1.0 at least (and probably earlier versions).

Tony

mironicus

Portal Pro
    March 9, 2008
    - Video Pin connection lost ( definitly black screen after channel change )

I can give you tip how to produce this error.

Use FFDShow as MPEG2-decoder and Cyberlink as H264-decoder.

Start a HDTV-channel first, switch to a SD-channel after that. You'll get a black screen, only audio runs.

If you start a SD-channel first and than switch to a HD-channel and again switch back to a SD-channel, everything works fine.

If FFDShow is started first, channel switching works fine between SD and HD. If a HD channel is selected on the first start, SD-channels won't be displayed (combination FFDShow and Cyberlink).

FFDShow is my first choice for MPEG2 because you can force NV12-output and this activates the best hardware deinterlacing available on my Radeon 3200 without any flicker.

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi Ambass,

The mods do seem to have made the channel-changing and general TV experience faster and smoother - thanks for all the hard work :)

However, I'm still seeing a problem with loss of A/V sync after channel changes (quite often) - it can be more than a second out of sync sometimes (audio lags behind video), and some TV channels are worse than others.

When I first start/restart TV there is no problem (other than occasional stutters or slow-mo while it pulls A/V into sync), and if I skip around the timeshift buffer there is no problem - it only happens after a channel change.

(My workaround fix is just to skip back in the timeshift buffer by 5 sec - this always fixes it)

I think the problem is worse when using audio decode/post-processing filters with high latency e.g. FFDshow with EQ and FIR filtering enabled.

What does it do differently in the software after a channel change compared to after startup or timeshift buffer skip ?

Tony

I have also been fighting with a/v sync problems in MP (only TV) for a very long time, but the other way round (sound haste on some channels esp. with AC3 track). Today I just gave ReClock as audio device in TV-Setup a chance again (in the past this did not work very well on zapping) and now this works very smooth and it seems the A/V sync problems with MP TV are gone. Not sure if you are on XP but if so worth a try.

CieNeSDi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 18, 2007
    Oetwil a.d. Limmat
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland

Agree. Zapping with this option appears much faster.

Agree also.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom