[no Bug] Zoom does not remove black bars at tv movies (1 Viewer)

Hella

Portal Member
January 19, 2014
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello all,

many of my TV movies recorded with Mediaportal (.ts files, 720 x 576) do have black bars.
When playing the ts-files with Windows Media player it can be seen that the black bars are in the video.

Accordingly to the documentation there should be no black borders at all in mode "Zoom" (http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_..._MediaPortal/1_Videos/3_Video_Zoom_Modes#Zoom), but I do have black bars in this zoom-mode. The bars are also there at "14:9 Zoom" - which is the mode with the smalles black bars here - but they still take up 1/5 of the screen.

With Windows Mediacenter I was able to zoom so that no black bars are visible, but of course some parts of the movie left and right cropped.

Greetings,
Hella

Last edited:

Hella

Portal Member
January 19, 2014
Home Country
Germany Germany

Hella

Portal Member
January 19, 2014
Home Country
Germany Germany
Is nobody having this problem?

I'm just watching the animation movie Rio which was recorded from TV. I'm having black bars (in total 1/7 size of the screen) and can not remove them in any of the zoom-modes, including stretch and super Stretch.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Is nobody having this problem?

I'm just watching the animation movie Rio which was recorded from TV. I'm having black bars (in total 1/7 size of the screen) and can not remove them in any of the zoom-modes, including stretch and super Stretch.
    I did look into this a bit further, because i can also never zoom the black bars on my movies. All my movies are Blu-rays so when i started looking up the releases on http://www.blu-ray.com/ i noticed that almost all of them have an aspect ratio of 2.39:1 (so widescreen, which shows black bars on 16:9 TVs). All those black bars are in the original movie, and that's why i can't zoom in.

Hella

Portal Member
    January 19, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just watching Rise of the Planet of the Apes and I am again not able to remove the black bars via any zoom mode, this is so annyoing :cry:
    When playing in Windows Media Player I can see that the black bars are in the original movie. However the documentation does not say anything that zoom modes do not work if it's in the original movie. Windows Media Center can play the movie without borders by zooming deeper into the movie (and cropping some parts of course).

Can anyone mark this bug report as a bug finally, so it may get fixed sometimes.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Windows Media Center can play the movie without borders by zooming deeper into the movie (and cropping some parts of course).
    Can anyone mark this bug report as a bug finally, so it may get fixed sometimes.
    If something works in WMC, that doesn't mean it's a bug in MediaPortal. MP is designed this way, so we're not talking about a bug but a new feature. ;)
    Try the above plugins first. If that doesn't work you could always do an improvement suggestion

Hella

Portal Member
    January 19, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Windows Media Center can play the movie without borders by zooming deeper into the movie (and cropping some parts of course).
    If something works in WMC, that doesn't mean it's a bug in MediaPortal. MP is designed this way, so we're not talking about a bug but a new feature. ;)
    Try the above plugins first. If that doesn't work you could always do an improvement suggestion

As already written above, ViewModeSwitcher is installed by Default but can only change to any of the builtin zoom modes and as no zoom mode is removing the black bars ViewModeSwitcher does not work. I have not tried Intelligent Frame Correction, but I do not know if it is a good idea to use another plugin instead of the one supplied.

I know that WMC and MP are different things, I only want to bring out that WMC can do this.
    The documentation says that the black bars are removed in specific zoom modes, but they are not. So it's either a bug in the documentation or a bug in MP.

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    please press Shift+1 while watching those movies you have problems with, make a screenshot of it (F11) and post here.
    Fill the system specifications (most interesting are MP version and resolution of your display).
    And post logs after trying to switch zoom modes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom