[no Bug] Zoom does not remove black bars at tv movies (1 Viewer)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    ViewModeSwitcher is installed by Default but can only change to any of the builtin zoom modes and as no zoom mode is removing the black bars ViewModeSwitcher does not work.

ViewModeSwitcher can do Black Bar cropping, it's enabled for SD content by default. It may be that it's detecting the content as being '16:9 inside 4:3' or '21:9 inside 16:9' - if this isn't doing enough cropping, disable those rules (untick the boxes in the first column - see http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...95_Plugins/ViewModeSwitcher#Advanced_Settings ), tick the 'Show Advance Settings' box and increase the 'MaxCrop limit (%)' to allow it to crop more of the 'good' picture (e.g. try 25% or 30%)

Hella

Portal Member
    January 19, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    BINGO! :)

Thank you very much Owlsroost. With your instructions it is now working perfectly, no black bars :)

Hopefully your settings will make their way to the default settings of ViewModeSwitcher.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hopefully your settings will make their way to the default settings of ViewModeSwitcher.

Probably not, because other users (including me) prefer not to crop too much from the sides and don't mind a small amount of black bars showing - it's what the director intended after all.....;)

Hella

Portal Member
    January 19, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I don't think that.black bars are intended, it is wasting expensive screen-area. It's more a making money thing: as everyone know has a 16.9 screen, they want you to buy a 21:9 screen.

As I wrote before, an additional zoom mode which really removes all black bars (like in Windows Media Center) would satisfy all users.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom