MPTagThat (7 Viewers)

MPTagThat is the OpenSource Tag Editor.
ok, in this case, you're not tagging from Folder / File. You want to Identify files or Tag from Internet. Tagging from file means, you have something like that: Roisin Murphy - overpowered\01 - roising murphy - Overpowered.mp3 using "Tag from Filename" you would specify following pattern: <A> - <B>\<K> - <A> - <T> which...
ok, in this case, you're not tagging from Folder / File. You want to Identify files or Tag from Internet. Tagging from file...
when i am trying to name mp3's using file name i have not managed to get it to find any for me is it some thing i am doing thanks
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Strange Scrolling DE
My production system uses Vista, but I have Windows 7 in a test partition, so I installed MpTagThat into the test partition. I can confirm that the problem is not present in Windows 7. :) I guess that there must have been some change in the way that Windows handles certain API calls between Vista and 7. :( There was a brief...
My production system uses Vista, but I have Windows 7 in a test partition, so I installed MpTagThat into the test partition. I can...
Recently I transferred my CD collection to hard disk (I used the fre-ac converter, as I did not realise that MpTagThat could do...
Replies
Views
Thanks, it'd be great to have it so it shows a list of the song's tagged artist and name and the lyrics found, so you can approve them quickly. The lyrics engine as is works great, but it's a bit long process when you want to apply it to a long list of files...
Thanks, it'd be great to have it so it shows a list of the song's tagged artist and name and the lyrics found, so you can approve...
Lyrics searching in MPTagThat is impressive, but I'd love to see a way to make it run in a batch mode, so I can add the lyrics to...
Replies
Views
I found a program (mp3Tag Pro) to update my lyrics which is roughly 98% successful in locating my lyrics. Attached is a snip of the lyrics engines they are using, maybe this will help. This is a paid program vs. your open source freeware program which as a rule is quite comprehensive. Until your program has more success with lyrics I...
I found a program (mp3Tag Pro) to update my lyrics which is roughly 98% successful in locating my lyrics. Attached is a snip of the...
I have some issues with the latest release and some suggested improvements: After I utilize MPTagThat to update my cover art and...
Replies
Views
Thanks for your reply. I've done some further testing and there something a little strange happening here. In MPTagThat If I add a cover to a song by clicking the icon "Get Cover Art" in the ribbon, the artwork then shows up up in iTunes. BUT if instead I go through Single (or Multiple) Tag Edit -> Pictures -> Get from Internet...
Thanks for your reply. I've done some further testing and there something a little strange happening here. In MPTagThat If I...
Hello all, I've searched this forum for iTunes but couldn't find an answer. I'm using to this EXCELLENT tool (thanks so much)...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MPTagThat at Transifex (1 Viewer) DE
Are there any small beasts removing things from the forum? :) First I had to reupload a picture in the MP2 forum. Now I saw the title of the thread was only "MPTagThat" without any "Transifex", weird :D Ok, so you did not pushed to develop, yet. Nevertheless I guess it's fine to open the resource for translation, since you are going...
Are there any small beasts removing things from the forum? :) First I had to reupload a picture in the MP2 forum. Now I saw the...
Hi Helmut, we've already talked within conversation, but I would like to inform you like I did within MovingPictures, SubCentral...
Replies
Views
fixed next version will allow adding a number of desired digits to: <K> <k> <D> <d> this allows: <D:1> - a disc "01" will appear as "1! <K:5> - track "01" will appear as "00001"
fixed next version will allow adding a number of desired digits to: <K> <k> <D> <d> this allows: <D:1> - a disc "01" will...
Hello Manfred, the track naming options allow multiple combinations of multi-disc and track numbers. Recently I wanted to...
Replies
Views
i'm only looking at folder.jpg. nothng else. if it exists, i'm done, regardless if a stored picture in a mp3 would have a higher resolution. if it doesn't exist and he option in the settings has been checked, then i will extract the first picure found in the selected files and store it as folder.jpg don't care about the WMP...
i'm only looking at folder.jpg. nothng else. if it exists, i'm done, regardless if a stored picture in a mp3 would have a higher...
I have a lot of folders where the existing folder.jpg gets not shown as cover art. In some folder it gets shown. I can not see a...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Identify option DE
Well, if the store you ip and the fingerprint, then of course they could you trace back. If your provider is handing out the information ,that this ip was used by you at the specific time. But i have no idea, if they're saving connection data. All i can tell, is that my program is not sending anything personal related.
Well, if the store you ip and the fingerprint, then of course they could you trace back. If your provider is handing out the...
Hi, i got so much unknow Tracks on my Backup Disk. Is there anypoint why i shouldnt use the Identify Option?
Replies
Views
Yes, that's the problem. You need at least .Net 2.0 installed Maybe i should add a dependency check in the installer
Yes, that's the problem. You need at least .Net 2.0 installed Maybe i should add a dependency check in the installer
Is it possible to use this on a pc without MP installed? I want as few programs as possible installed on the pc i have MP...
Replies
Views
Gelöst!!! Hatte falsche Einstellungen im Bereich ID3 :whistle::whistle::whistle: Alles ist gut;)
Gelöst!!! Hatte falsche Einstellungen im Bereich ID3 :whistle::whistle::whistle: Alles ist gut;)
Can it be that the lyrics search doesn't work anymore? :unsure:
Replies
Views
The last release works fine! :thx:
The last release works fine! :thx:
Hi, I've got a crash with the last version (2.0) when saving modification into files on multiple subfolders. I can't find an...
Replies
Views
Sorry i was not very active on the forum in the last 3 years. Please grab the new version
Sorry i was not very active on the forum in the last 3 years. Please grab the new version
Hi guys, I've been using MPTagThat for as long as I can remember and usually it works like a charm, but today it keeps crashing on...
Replies
Views
Please post log. Can I assume that a CD is inserted? Edit: Confirmed. Happens when no CD is inserted. will make a check and disable button
Please post log. Can I assume that a CD is inserted? Edit: Confirmed. Happens when no CD is inserted. will make a check and...
Hi, in the newest version from 1st Dec 2010 full crash when RIP-Button is pressed. Tryed on XP Sp3 and Vista SP2 both 32 bit:oops:
Replies
Views
Just had a look at the code. I am saving the JPEG with default settings, but could specify following flags: JPEG_QUALITYSUPERB Save with superb quality (100:1). JPEG_QUALITYGOOD Save with good quality (75:1). JPEG_QUALITYNORMAL Save with normal quality (50:1). JPEG_QUALITYAVERAGE Save with average quality (25:1). JPEG_QUALITYBAD Save...
Just had a look at the code. I am saving the JPEG with default settings, but could specify following flags: JPEG_QUALITYSUPERB...
hi @hwahrmann i am wondering if there is any sort of compression going on when i embed an artist thumb in the tags. Or are embedded...
Replies
Views
The Amazon Site is Amazon.co.uk, and this is from where I purchased the CDs. CD 1 is a double album -- The Very Best of Johnny Kidd and the Pirates CD 2 is a single album -- 25 Greatest Hits Procedure: Loaded CD 1 (both albums of the set) into drive, selected Rip menu option, located drive in Folders list and all the tracks were...
The Amazon Site is Amazon.co.uk, and this is from where I purchased the CDs. CD 1 is a double album -- The Very Best of Johnny...
I've just obtained two CDs by Johnny Kidd & the Pirates. When I rip CD 1, all the track names are found, but cannot find any info...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Missing Albums DE
Thanks for the advice - it turns out some of my albums were flagged as system files - I'd got explorer set to show weverything so hadn't spotted it. No idea how or why they got flagged (let see, rip CD using WMP, using WMP to set tags, use WMP to play files, hhmmm, I wonder). Still all sorted now, much :thx:appreciated.
Thanks for the advice - it turns out some of my albums were flagged as system files - I'd got explorer set to show weverything so...
Hi, I've just installed the software - largely to get around having to use WMP to edit tags - I find WMP just plain ignores some...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Suggestions DE
- The problem with Ripping should be solved with the new version, which is available for download. - The Burner is there for making Audio CDs. Just add files to the burner window, insert a CD and burn it. The result is an Audio CD. - There is no maximize button, as this caused problems. Simply drag the window to it's necessary...
- The problem with Ripping should be solved with the new version, which is available for download. - The Burner is there for...
You are GREAT! This is an exceptional project! I try it and give you my comments (if you appreciate them): - I suggest one...
Replies
Views
Nevermind! All I had to do was restore the config and log folders from the recycle bin. Together with the reinstall the tracks now show up as expected again. I don't know what went wrong or how it was fixed in detail, but the problem has gone away for me, thanks.
Nevermind! All I had to do was restore the config and log folders from the recycle bin. Together with the reinstall the tracks now...
Hi Firstly thanks. I love this program. The combined powers behind Media Portal developers continues to blow me away! I think I...
Replies
Views
Yep that did the trick. I was not aware that this had changed in the newer versions. Thanks for figuring this one out, and updating the link to the forum ;)
Yep that did the trick. I was not aware that this had changed in the newer versions. Thanks for figuring this one out, and updating...
Hi Guys, It's been a while but i finally found some time to tag the new albums and I run into a problem with the organise file...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Silly Questions??? DE
Thank you for the detailed reply Helmut. I have solved my thumbnail issue. I have been using MPTagThat on my laptop as it is easier than using the HTPC where all media files are located - (not good trying to edit files sat in front of a 47" LCD at 1080 x 1920). When I went into MP on the HTPC the thumbs were not updating; my...
Thank you for the detailed reply Helmut. I have solved my thumbnail issue. I have been using MPTagThat on my laptop as it is...
Hi, Sorry if this/these sound silly questions. I am currently going through my song collection so it works well and looks...
Replies
Views
Just to report I never actually got this working as I remembered I had a license for Tag and Rename which did the job. The only thing I can think of is that doing this revealed several (now fixed) exceptions to the rule E:\Music\[Album Artist]\[Album]\[Track Number] [Track Name] in my library, so I don't know if that somehow threw...
Just to report I never actually got this working as I remembered I had a license for Tag and Rename which did the job. The only...
So, I'm migrating from WMC to MP and have mostly wav files from ripped CDs. I have everything under E:\Music\[Album...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Tagging ideas.. DE
Hi, and thanks for your fast implementation! would it be possible to make the numbering according to the left list box? e.g. an album has 120 songs in 5 cds you get like six time the numbering from 1 to 20, but in the sorting list you get the numbers from 1 to 120. Now, I found some small bug in the error handling, also in the...
Hi, and thanks for your fast implementation! would it be possible to make the numbering according to the left list box? e.g. an...
Hi, first for sure: Great tool, runs smooth and almost without errors... thank you very much! Now two things that came to my mind...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 midomi.com DE
I would suggest using this page with ur app. It is able to recognize the song with a partial recording. And has lot of info for tags Thanks
I would suggest using this page with ur app. It is able to recognize the song with a partial recording. And has lot of info for...
I would suggest using this page with ur app. It is able to recognize the song with a partial recording. And has lot of info for...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Won't load DE
It looks like the naming of a non-music file found in a folder, you were scanning is causing troubles. Please try a version from here
It looks like the naming of a non-music file found in a folder, you were scanning is causing troubles. Please try a version from here
I was in the middle of using the program when it crashed. Got an error message and it would not restart. I uninstalled the program...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Netzwerk DE
Ja, in dem du ein Laufwerk mountest. Es gäbe zwar die Möglichkeit auch auf Netzlaufwerke zuzugreifen, allerdings habe ich damit unter Vista Probleme und daher diese Möglichkeit unterbunden. in English: Yes, just mount them as a drive. There's the possibility to access network drives, but i have seen problems under Vista. So...
Ja, in dem du ein Laufwerk mountest. Es gäbe zwar die Möglichkeit auch auf Netzlaufwerke zuzugreifen, allerdings habe ich damit...
Hallo, kann ich mit deinem tool auch auf laufwerke im netzwerk zugreifen? mfg helge
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Automatic FreedDB? DE
I have the same problem too!I think it doesn't depend on the cd: i inserted the same cd several times and finally Mptagthat showed me the freedb informations. I'm trying with Aerosmith - A little South of sanity now and i get no info.
I have the same problem too!I think it doesn't depend on the cd: i inserted the same cd several times and finally Mptagthat showed...
Hi, I just have found out this excellent software, but I am confused about the FreeDB support: When I insert a CD and I want...
Replies
Views
seems that theres a problem, when i look, which cd / dvd drives are installed. i'm using drecord fo that purpose. need to see, if there is any reported bug. logs are in your user %APPDATA%\MPTagThat\log
seems that theres a problem, when i look, which cd / dvd drives are installed. i'm using drecord fo that purpose. need to see, if...
Hi Awesome program, however I think I may have found a bug. For reasons I won't go into here I occsionally have to turn off ACHI...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the reply. Ha ha, yes you're right :thx: I've done a little digging and mp3tag allows you to custom map mp3 tags but not FLAC tags. Having played with this, I can't get it to write to the correct frame (TPE2 for mp3 and BAND for FLAC). Mediamonkey doesn't appear to allow custom mapping and exhibits the same problem...
Thanks for the reply. Ha ha, yes you're right :thx: I've done a little digging and mp3tag allows you to custom map mp3 tags but...
Hi, I'm hoping that someone can shed some light on this. I normally use mp3tag v2.46 to do my tagging but have recently been...
Replies
Views
when the files are renamed into a new folder would be good if a folder.jpg was created also. Example it would create <a>\<b>\folder.jpg = album thumbnail Would be good if <a>\folder.jpg = artist thumbnail (available from thumbs directory/last.fm+audioscrobber scraper)
when the files are renamed into a new folder would be good if a folder.jpg was created also. Example it would create...
Hi Helmut! Will it be possible in one of the upcoming releases to rename folders like files (with variables)? best regards...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom