Extensions: A GUI Plugin for MediaPortal's MPEI Installer (1 Viewer)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Re: Plugin for MpeInstaller

Hi dukus - more questions for you! I noticed in your Blue3 file the menu Button (id 7) for Update Info is commented out. I think this button is no longer needed since the plugin now automatically updates all info, right?

About the plugin IDs - is there a list somewhere of all plugin IDs? How do I find out what ID a plugin uses?

Thanks!

dukus

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2006
    Home Country
    Romania Romania

New version:
    - possibility to disable updates for a single extension
    - localization
    - if a extension have screen shots, you can view it like a slide show

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Dukus, would it be possible to add some of your new features to a context menu?

What I mean is - when you select a plugin in the list/facade, then press F9 or info/more key it displays a context menu with the following options:
    1. Install
    2. Update
    3. Uninstall
    4. Show Changelog
    I guess install should only show for extensions not already installed, and Uninstall should only display for installed extensions, but I think you get the idea.

I love your idea to enable buttons for these functions anywhere in MP. That was pretty brilliant! But it may take a while for plugins and skins to implement them, and I would love to have this functionality right in the MPEInstaller plugin.

I Love the screenshot slideshow idea - gonna try that now!

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

OK Dukus, I just installed latest version - a couple problems with installer:

1. It overwrites all my aMPed skin files - lucky I had a backup or I would have lost all the work I had done to skin it for aMPed and you would be in big trouble. :D I had the same problem with the alarm plugin. This does not usually happen when I install other plugins - they only install Blue3/wide skin files.
    2. The new myextensionsslideshow.xml installed to a [DEFAULT] skin folder??? It also installed in Blue3wide but not in Blue3 (or anywhere else)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

How do I get to the screenshots slideshow? I am trying with your Blue3/wide skin files, but there is no option?

I do need an update to the skinning Wiki to add the localization and new disable updates option. Sorry don't mean to rush you! ;)

dukus

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2006
    Home Country
    Romania Romania

New version:
    - fixed the installer package
    - label for current view
    - Option to show change logs

The new myextensionsslideshow.xml installed to a [DEFAULT] skin folder??? It also installed in Blue3wide but not in Blue3 (or anywhere else)
    Fixed

It overwrites all my aMPed skin files - lucky I had a backup or I would have lost all the work I had done to skin it for aMPed and you would be in big trouble. I had the same problem with the alarm plugin. This does not usually happen when I install other plugins - they only install Blue3/wide skin files.

The installer always create backup for overwrited files,so when uninstall the extension all overwrote files will be copied back. There a option foe every files, how should handle if the same files exist, most cases "overwrite if older", but maybe for default skin files we should set to "never overwrite", the the default skin file will be copied only if the file not exist at all.

I guess install should only show for extensions not already installed, and Uninstall should only display for installed extensions, but I think you get the idea.
    The Install always show, to make possible to install a older version. The uninstall only when the extension is installed

Dukus, would it be possible to add some of your new features to a context menu?
    The context menu now working same way like the simple click

I love your idea to enable buttons for these functions anywhere in MP. That was pretty brilliant! But it may take a while for plugins and skins to implement them, and I would love to have this functionality right in the MPEInstaller plugin.
    I add a button in skin file for install the latest version, but still i need a idea how should be placed this button, i thinking in upper right corner a button with a image, or something like this .....

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Re: Extensions Plugin for MpeInstaller

Dukus - can you post a changelog somewhere? What are the changes for version 0.0.5.0? Probably first post is easier than Google Code, but anywhere is fine with me!

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Dukus,

Thanks for a nice system - as you saw on the main plugin page I didn't realise it linked into the MP GUI.

Is it possible for the plugin to put a popup on the screen at the same time each week to alert you to updates to any of your installed plugins so you don't have to check?

It could for example put up a window saying "new plugin updates are available for download do you wish to download now - Yes or No" with different settable checking intervals in the main plugin config.

Just a thought

Robbo100

dukus

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2006
    Home Country
    Romania Romania

Same settings are used like MPEInstaller use, if you check "Update installed extensions" the plugin automatically update the installed extensions. There are some property which show the new updates and the new plugins, but to see it you need a skin which support the latest version of the plugin .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom